Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb X-Force #3 review feat 50% Domino *spoilers*

Nice 9 panel page to start. Very creepy. A flashback to when Domino was getting skinned by the man with the Peacock tattoo, then cuts to the preview with Quentin and Wolverine. They save Domino but are then attacked by a giant from Attack on Titan.

Cut to Jean and Beast discussing the value of death and Jean resurrects Xavier using the new Cerebro.

Back to Quentin, Wolverine and what's left of Domino, Wolverine destorys a power dampner on Domino to activate her Luck powers so Quentin can digivolve to create a psychic bazooka to destroy the giant.

Cut to the Jubilee cosplaying Sage and Healer. Sage tries a google search of Healer but fails. They leave the body of the assassin unattended and a mysterious person kills the assassin(?). Then a data page explains the body of the assassin exploded and killed healer. (I am a bit confused by this bit)

Magneto and Black Tom Cassidy talk sass before Magneto has to go have a press conference about Xavier, but just before he has to say how much he misses his gay lover, Xavier makes the usual dramatic entrance.

With the help of some telekinetics from Quentin, Domino is now both able to walk and have a very cool glowy visual. The factory they just escaped from explodes action movie style.

Cut to a big meeting with everyone who was involved with the past two issues and Xavier forms X-Force as a force of good, juxtaposed with the bad guys forming Xeno, for the force of probably not so good.

Some resolutions, everything got to where it needed to get to so the team is formed as such. I got confused with the data page of the assassin but I think I've read it right, feel free to correct me in a wisecracking way. The characters continue to sound like themselves, the plots moves along well, the art is amazing. Percy seems to have the touch of the dramatic in the narration and I am loving it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Best Dawn of X series hands down. I am loving everything Percy and Cassara are giving us in this book. Xavier's "To me my X-Force" line was just everything.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Yeah, three issues in, this book is the strongest of the relaunch. One of my main critiques last issue was that I was worried Percy would belabor Xavier’s return, but he got it done. The core cast is still too white bread, but I’m hoping Forge hits like a tidal wave and just maybe he’ll give us more Dr. Reyes.

And the art is so good. Cassara/White are really delivering. This definitely looks like the successor to Uncanny X-Force while also looking like something new. This is how you carry the past forward. This is visual nostalgia at its finest.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 12-11-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Best book of the week.

This book is continuing to be my favorite of the relaunch. Interestingly enough the rest are all becoming less and less interesting and memorable as they go along, but this book keeps up the pace. If things progress I can see this being the only X-book I'm reading in a very few months.

Okay, how good was this? Percy is amazing. This book saved this week of DoX books.

I loved everything, from the terrifying skinning of Domino to the characters voices.

Do these new villains remind you guys of the U-Men and Sublime? With the whole trying to overcome human limitations and implanting parts of Domino in their bodies.

BANNED

The only thing I don’t like about the book is the way it uses the data pages to rush vital plot and character moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The only thing I don’t like about the book is the way it uses the data pages to rush vital plot and character moments.
    I wanted to see Forge kissing Charles on the mouth.

Another great issue though I was really hoping we'd get another gorgeous page with Jean wearing Cerebro and awakening Xavier. I got spoiled with the last one. I do find it weird that they didn't just pop Domino over to Elixir to get healed. And that he hasn't really been helping at all with the healing.

Also, it looks like Colossus was really messed up from his mission. That was definitely his hand smothering the assassin.

I really do love this book. My only complaint is Beast. I would so prefer Prodigy in his place. He's got a more unique powerset and has all of Beast's knowledge and then some. And he'd be a team representative from the Academy X era.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Also, it looks like Colossus was really messed up from his mission. That was definitely his hand smothering the assassin.
    Yeah they admitted that Colossus had a dramatic side story in this book during this week's Monday column on AIPT. Had I not read that I would think there would be room for debate.

Good book, and the highlight of the week for sure... which isn't hard since they killed the fun factor of New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Yeah they admitted that Colossus had a dramatic side story in this book during this week's Monday column on AIPT. Had I not read that I would think there would be room for debate.
    I looked at the panels again, I mistook a bit of krakoa for being some sort of plant monstrosity. Your explanation makes sense.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Great issue. This book is everything. I loved each of these characters even Beast and Quentin.
    Also Xavier/Forge is wired.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Best Dawn of X series hands down. I am loving everything Percy and Cassara are giving us in this book. Xavier's "To me my X-Force" line was just everything.
    Agreed. This was another home run from Percy and Cassara.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Oh wow. Didn’t put two and two together there, but I think you’re right.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Percy really is knocking it out of the park.

A really exciting read. The character interactions really shined in this issue, and I particularly loved the Jean and Beast conversation about death. I do wish we could have gotten to see Jean wearing the helmet though, and not just having it float around.

Poor Healer. it sucks that he got killed off panel.

This sounds great. Can’t wait to pick it up!