Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, even if you had no idea, attacking Xavier seems logical, he is the visible head of the Krakoa government.

Just like shooting in the head could have been a coincidence or it could have gone straight to Cerebro. It is ambiguous for now.
    True but the best way to confirm if Xavier was bringing mutants back was to kill him and see if he was responsible. If he didn't come back you could go to town on killing mutants with the assumption they can't return. But since he has returned they are now in the dark with exactly how the process works.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The X-Men may also assume the Dr on orichis died otherwise I don't think the time frame would be as stressed as it is. They seem worried people will find out mutants are immortal in a way but we know for a fact there are two people out there somewhere at least that know dead mutants are running around.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Yeah, but if dead mutants don't leave Krakoa en masse, people don't have to suspect. Precisely because superheroes resurrect all the time.

Cyclops was resurrected relatively recently thanks to the Phoenix and no one was surprised. The big difference is to discover that it is something systematic and standardized.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but if dead mutants don't leave Krakoa en masse, people don't have to suspect. Precisely because superheroes resurrect all the time.

Cyclops was resurrected relatively recently thanks to the Phoenix and no one was surprised. The big difference is to discover that it is something systematic and standardized.
    Exactly. The only thing that changes here (other than the story deciding to make it an issue for once) is that as a nation, and Xavier as a world leader, they are under more scrutiny and political advantages can evaporate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Exactly. The only thing that changes here (other than the story deciding to make it an issue for once) is that as a nation, and Xavier as a world leader, they are under more scrutiny and political advantages can evaporate quickly.
    Well, it's a big difference because before they had to rely on "lucky shots", the resurrections were extraordinary events (which were repeated a thousand times but hey, comics).

That someone is resurrected is like Spider-man getting powers, something exceptional that is not replicated on a large scale. It is the change of scale that makes it important.

Before the resurrections were isolated events or the Hand. And The Hand process always drives people crazy and evil.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's a big difference because before they had to rely on "lucky shots", the resurrections were extraordinary events (which were repeated a thousand times but hey, comics).

That someone is resurrected is like Spider-man getting powers, something exceptional that is not replicated on a large scale. It is the change of scale that makes it important.

Before the resurrections were isolated events or the Hand. And The Hand process always drives people crazy and evil.
    I just mean from the perspective of the general populace. None of them knew details. Surely they joked just as much about death being meaningless for Heroes and villains in the universe.

Another strong issue. There were so many things I enjoyed in this issue: Jean and Beast's conversation, the fun action scenes with Quire, Domino, and Wolverine. The mystery with the person who killed the assassin (though I think we all know who did it), Xavier forming X-force. Some things I was iffy on was the off panel resurrection of Xavier, did Jean use Cerebro without putting it on? Did she just levitate it over to Xavier's head and it did the rest, or what? What happened.

The data pages containing actual story elements was wild but I think I know why it and the off panel resurrection happened. They wanted to move the story along and we only have so many pages. I think they didn't show the resurrection because we have witnessed the process before in HOX. I did want to see Jean with the helmet on though.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I like the series and the story but I'm going to be honest I wasn't too impressed with this issue. Too much happened off panel, Xavier resurrected, Jean using Cerebro, The death of Healer and explosion of the assassins bodies. I like the DoX data pages as an addition to the plot, as clarification, as Sinister's gossip pages here they became a replacement for plot. The fight here was also weak, just remove Domino's collar and QQ's powers start working again? I get that her powers are "luck" but that was too much 'deus ex machina', it was jarring.

That said I still view this as the strongest of the ongoings I liked the overall plot but this issue felt rushed and incomplete.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 12-11-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    I like the series and the story but I'm going to be honest I wasn't too impressed with this issue. Too much happened off panel, Xavier resurrected, Jean using Cerebro, The death of Healer and explosion of the assassins bodies. I like the DoX data pages as an addition to the plot, as clarification, as Sinister's gossip pages here they became a replacement for plot. The fight here was also weak, just remove Domino's collar and QQ's powers start working again? I get that her powers are "luck" but that was too much 'deus ex machina', it was jarring.

That said I still view this as the strongest of the ongoings I liked the overall plot but this issue felt rushed and incomplete.
    I think the collar she had on is what was blocking their powers as well as hers. At least that's how i understood the scene but could be wrong.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I actually love that the data pages contain actual story beats. It’s a great way to pack in more story without sacrificing pace and tone for clunky exposition or scenes that don’t really push the story forward enough to give panel time. Huge fan. I hope they catch on across the medium.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on the data pages. For me, they feel lazy and like the writers can't write properly for the medium.

I'd imagine that the resurrections are something Xavier wants to keep secret for as long as possible. If and when Orchis, Xeno or anyone finds out, they won't need to make a nefarious plan around it. Just release that information to the world and turn the entire world against Krakoa overnight. Even the heroic people in the Marvel world would take issue with Krakoa having an unending clone army. Some might even respond declaring their mutants friends dead and consider the clones to be an affront to their memory. Almost every hero at this point has gone up against evil clones, copies, doppelgangers, robot's with personalities and fighting techniques uploaded into them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on the data pages. For me, they feel lazy and like the writers can't write properly for the medium.

I'd imagine that the resurrections are something Xavier wants to keep secret for as long as possible. If and when Orchis, Xeno or anyone finds out, they won't need to make a nefarious plan around it. Just release that information to the world and turn the entire world against Krakoa overnight. Even the heroic people in the Marvel world would take issue with Krakoa having an unending clone army. Some might even respond declaring their mutants friends dead and consider the clones to be an affront to their memory. Almost every hero at this point has gone up against evil clones, copies, doppelgangers, robot's with personalities and fighting techniques uploaded into them, etc.
    Lol. This made me laugh because if they can speak up to denounce their "friends" who died as clones Emma is really going to have a gran time giving then the full once over about their priorities again when it comes to mutant deaths. I fully expect average humans who don't understand t see it as some sort of affront but if the heroes open they mouth i'm going to have popcorn ready for the response.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think the collar she had on is what was blocking their powers as well as hers. At least that's how i understood the scene but could be wrong.
    Could be, but it was described in story as a psychic dampener not a power dampener and collars usually only hamper the person they are on. Also Logan's line just before breaking the collar was "I got a feeling... our luck's about to change."

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I actually love that the data pages contain actual story beats. It’s a great way to pack in more story without sacrificing pace and tone for clunky exposition or scenes that don’t really push the story forward enough to give panel time. Huge fan. I hope they catch on across the medium.
    I like the data pages, I loved them in HoX/PoX and some of the other books. I like the idea of using them to expand on major plot points but I don't like using them to replace plot points.

edited because I was wrong, they didn't use data pages on Jean, it just happened off panel.
    They did however blow up the reavers and Healer off panel
    Last edited by Kisinith; 12-11-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Could be, but it was described in story as a psychic dampener not a power dampener and collars usually only hamper the person they are on. Also Logan's line just before breaking the collar was "I got a feeling... our luck's about to change."

I like the data pages, I loved them in HoX/PoX and some of the other books. I like the idea of using them to expand on major plot points but I don't like using them to replace plot points.

edited because I was wrong, they didn't use data pages on Jean, it just happened off panel.
    They did however blow up the reavers and Healer off panel
    Yeah it could definitely be read either way but like you said previously i don't see how her luck would turn on their powers. I thought it was more a fail safe if any mutant came to resuce her when they got close they would immediately lose their powers, i think in last issue quentin didn't lose his until he was in the same room. It also is bigger than a normal collar so just assumed it had a range on it.

Also Domino says "power inhibitor"
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    +1 I love em, it adds depth...
    #MagnetoWasRight