Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by deepakpandey View Post
    Hi guys,

I want to buy Wonder Woman comics. Never read any. Please suggest the best Wonder Woman Comics among TPB/HC/Omni format. You can share the list with some rankings.

Cheers
    Well there are the big runs that most already mentionned:

• Wonder Woman by George Perez
    • Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka
    • Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello

Lest mention the story co-written by Len Wein during George Perez's run

• Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals

Alongside his run, Greg Rucak wrote a very magnificent story:

• Wonder Woman: The Hiketeia

And not mentioned yet, I would include the fabulous mini série:

• The Brave and The Bold: Wonder Woman / Batman

-> Story in which the forgotten land off celtic gods and legends need WW's help and she calls for Batman to help because he is the greatest detective. Written and Drawn by the great Liam Sharp:

And of course all the storie that are in the WW 75 years compilation:

• All-Star Comics #8 - "Introducing Wonder Woman" - William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
    • Sensation Comics #1 - "Wonder Woman Comes to America" - William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
    • Wonder Woman #7 - "America's Wonder Women of Tomorrow!" - William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
    • Wonder Woman #28 - "Villainy Incorporated" - William Moulton Marston & Harry G. Peter
    • Wonder Woman #99 - "Top Secret" - Robert Kanigher & Ross Andru
    • Wonder Woman #107 - "Wonder Woman Amazon Teenager" - Robert Kanigher & Ross Andru
    • Wonder Woman #179 - "Wonder Woman's Last Battle" - Dennis O'Neil & Mike Sekowsky
    • Wonder Woman #204 - "The Second Life of the Original Wonder Woman" - Robert Kanigher & Don Heck
    • Wonder Woman #288 - "Swan Song!" - Roy Thomas & Gene Colan
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #1 - "The Princess and the Power!" - Greg Potter & George Pérez
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #64 - "The Heart of the City" - William Messner-Loebs & Jill Thompson
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #93 - "Violent Beginnings" - William Messner-Loebs & Mike Deodato, Jr.
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #142 - "The Bearing of the Soul" - Eric Luke & Yanick Paquette
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #195 - "The Mission" - Greg Rucka & Drew Johnson
    • Justice League: The New Frontier Special #1 - "The Mother of the Movement" - Darwyn Cooke
    • Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #0 - "The Lair of the Minotaur" - Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang
    • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #1 - "Gothamazon" - Gail Simone & Ethan Van Sciver
    • Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #7 - "Rescue Angel" - Alex de Campi & Neil Googe
    Last edited by jb681131; 03-08-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Retired

I always liked the mod Diana Prince, but I only had a few of those comics in my collection and they were hard to find for sale by dealers. But I was determined to get every single issue (including crossovers in other titles) and spent a couple of years on eBay until I had got them all. And then DC turned around and reprinted the whole run in TPBs. It always seems to work that way. Still, because I put so much time and energy into collecting those issues, I prize them over most other WW comics I have. And I guess having the original back issues is worth something--the TPBs didn't reprint the teaser pages that appeared at the end of those stories in a lot of the issues--nor did they reprint her team-up with Jerry Lewis.

Incredible Member

I feel the same way about my Perez issues. Took me five years but I found them all one-by-one.

My top 10 Wonder Woman comics for new readers:

1. Wonder Woman: Year One - Best introduction to Wonder Woman and her world. Even though I'm only including Year One, all of Greg Rucka's Rebirth run is utterly fantastic.
    2. The Legend of Wonder Woman - Another origin story, but this one is more fantastical and great for all ages.
    3. Wonder Woman: The Golden Age, Vol. 1 - The 40's comics aren't for everyone, but I think they're important pieces of history.
    4. Wonder Woman by George Perez, Vol. 1 - One of the most prominent and impactful creator to work on Wonder Woman is definitely George Perez, and this first volume has (in my opinion) his best stories.
    5. Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka, Vol. 1 - This is the run that got me really involved in modern Wonder Woman comics. It also includes The Hiketeia, one of the best standalone Wonder Woman stories to date.
    6. Wonder Woman by Phil Jimenez Omnibus - Such an underrated run, Phil Jimenez is one of the top creators who is 100% a lifelong Wonder Woman fan and it shows in his work.
    7. Wonder Woman: Earth One, Vol. 1 - A strangely fascinating modernization of the 40's comics by superstar writer Grant Morrison.
    8. Wonder Woman '77, Vol. 1 - This one's personal preference; while I didn't grow up with the 70's TV series, I do have a fondness for its overall camp, and this comic does a great job presenting that while also incorporating many of Diana's classic villains who never made it to the TV show.
    9. Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman, Vol. 2 - This is an anthology series, and I like the 2nd volume more than the first, but who knows. This is a good sampling of various new stories by different creative teams. My personal favorite is the Phoenix Egg story.
    10. Wonder Woman: The Cheetah - A compilation of Cheetah stories from throughout the ages... important to know Wonder Woman's archenemy!

Hey, folks, let's keep this as a 'what would you read' and not what you think was awful. All that does is lead to a downward spiral into debates over various writers/artists, which you can do in other, more relevant threads.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!