Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14

FNSM #14 - Tom Taylor's final FNSM issue is a wonderful single issue that also closes the volume well.

It's a wonderful valedictory issue, it's got some real emotion and some of the best Peter and Aunt May interactions ever. The entire issue is an adaptation of that line at then end of Spider-Man 2, "Isn't it time someone else saved your life?"

This is worthy of Paul Jenkins.

To me Taylor's entire 14 issue run on FNSM is criminally underrated. It features for my mind three all-time great issues (Spider-Bite, FNMJ, and this).

In terms of recent finale issues, it's not at the level of Zdarsky's SSM#311 but I would put it quite above Slott's ASM#801.

I see they had Reed and Kamala team-up... I wish we could see that in either Fantastic Four or Magnificent Ms. Marvel - they have similar powers and that should be explored in more than a one panel cameo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

we got one more tom taylor spidey left with that hulk tie in one shot. so there that but yeah really enjoy this alot.

enjoyed this volume everybody that Peter help throughout the run helped him brings it back all together
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Dump Spencer stat, give ASM to Tom Taylor and let him write it for as many years as he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswing View Post
    Dump Spencer stat, give ASM to Tom Taylor and let him write it for as many years as he wants to.
    Or just keep FNSM going as it should have.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    FNSM #14 - Tom Taylor's final FNSM issue is a wonderful single issue that also closes the volume well.

It's a wonderful valedictory issue, it's got some real emotion and some of the best Peter and Aunt May interactions ever. The entire issue is an adaptation of that line at then end of Spider-Man 2, "Isn't it time someone else saved your life?"

This is worthy of Paul Jenkins.

To me Taylor's entire 14 issue run on FNSM is criminally underrated. It features for my mind three all-time great issues (Spider-Bite, FNMJ, and this).

In terms of recent finale issues, it's not at the level of Zdarsky's SSM#311 but I would put it quite above Slott's ASM#801.
    Cosigned, although Zdarsky's last Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man issue was 310, not 311, which was part 1 of the Spider-Geddon tie-in and should have frankly been its own miniseries.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's settled. I'm going to make a custom bind with this run. And another for Zdarsky's Spectacular with Life Story. These have actually been better than ASM.

Now this was definitely a great issue but not on the level of Spider bite or the MJ stand alone. Those two were the highlight of the entire run. I’m sad to see the title go because now we are essentially left with one Spider-Man title. The problem is that particular title has really been struggling as of late.

All in all not the best time to be a Spiderman fan.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Now this was definitely a great issue but not on the level of Spider bite or the MJ stand alone. Those two were the highlight of the entire run. I’m sad to see the title go because now we are essentially left with one Spider-Man title. The problem is that particular title has really been struggling as of late.

All in all not the best time to be a Spiderman fan.
    You're exactly right. It hasn't been for a long time now. Not unlike 20 years ago, the character is due for a renaissance across titles (JMS, Jenkins, RAS, Bendis). Today, we're stuck with Peter David writing out of continuity titles for pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    You're exactly right. It hasn't been for a long time now. Not unlike 20 years ago, the character is due for a renaissance across titles (JMS, Jenkins, RAS, Bendis). Today, we're stuck with Peter David writing out of continuity titles for pleasure.
    Hasn't been all bad. We've gotten Zdarsky, Taylor, Life Story, City at War...and movies, we've gotten Into the Spider-Verse, Spider-Man: Far From Home, the PS4 game...yeah the comics are in a weird spot, but this has been a good few years for the web-slinger.