Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It would have been a better book if she was actually an assassin going around killing major players that have it out for mutants.
    EXACTLY! That is what I was hoping for...all this book did was make me dislike her with all her superiority preaching.

I would rather have her in Japan joining the Hand....or be an assassin for hire

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I don't like how they are protraying Kwannon as this extremely wise person who tells everyone else how they should feel or act.

Laura has been demoted as a character in this garbage.

I'm all for Kwannon being an assassin again....but this book is just boring....awful art

only thing that interested me was Sinister's interaction with her....I was hoping it was revealed that she was Sinister's spy
    big agree here. their convos have easily been the highlight of the series so far. thank god they’ll be together in hellions

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    EXACTLY! That is what I was hoping for...all this book did was make me dislike her with all her superiority preaching.

I would rather have her in Japan joining the Hand....or be an assassin for hire
    I'm hoping in the future especially if Krakoa doesn't work out long term. Kwannon ends up with The Agents Of Atlas or becomes more involved with the MCU and joins a new edition of Thunderbolts
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

That would do. THAT WOULD DO. Seeing as Agents of Atlas is now being built up as the Marvel Asia team. Luv u Wave/Pearl Pangan and your "Cebu City" shirt.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    I'm hoping in the future especially if Krakoa doesn't work out long term. Kwannon ends up with The Agents Of Atlas or becomes more involved with the MCU and joins a new edition of Thunderbolts
    Nah.. Marvel purpose for resurrecting Kwannon is to fill in the thongkini asian Psylocke role. And since now the X-Men is at their peak since decades, I don't see her move out the X-men books soon.

Ok I’m a bit worried for this title. This issue was just flat out weird. Hard to follow along due to some weird paneling and inconsistent art. I don’t know how this title went from the first issue to this issue. Such a high and then this issue. Hoping they bounce back next week. Might have to change the art. I loved it the first issue for whatever reason and since then it just hasn’t stuck with me.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved the first two issues but this one is sadly lacking. I hope there is still hope for this book.

Mighty Member

Kwannon should have never been given the name of Psylocke. She’s not Psylocke. There could have been some pretty amazing stuff done with her. First by giving her her own identity. A new costume. A new code name. Give her back her initial powers of a low level empath. They could have given Kwannon a push in the right direction, but instead they’re giving her someone else’s identity and creating this “warrior guru” for younger mutants who are already warriors. Laura doesn’t need Kwannon to teach how to fight or how to let go and use her anger. I much rather see Kwannon go on secret missions for Sinister and use her skills and own powers to her advantage. When it comes down to it, these are Betsy’s powers that she’s using. She still has no identity of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved the first two issues but this one is sadly lacking. I hope there is still hope for this book.
    There is no hope for the book, The writer is moving on do TV stuff and it looks like Marvel is shift gears instead of continuing. Marvel hasn't announced a new writer for Fallen angels and writer of fallen angels on twitter has hinted that Fallen Angels is going spin off or introduce stuff/set up for Hellions. The set up of Fallen Angels had/has potential but it tripped in execution.

Fantastic Member

This book along with Excalibur are both a struggle for me

I have to agree with the general sentiment here. This issue wasn't very good, especially in the art department, for a scene with three high capable trained killers the fight against the giant robot was boring, the extreme close up shots just made ti look like the team was fighting a tech themed wall. I will say this, the story still has me hooked. I want to know who Apoth is and why they hate every form of self aware life. Enough with Psylocke teaching Laura, it's not working and Kwannon seems like she's starting at level 1 with Laura. Laura is already level 10, so if you got something to teach her start at the appropriate level.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Welp discussing this in the preview thread felt sad lol so here I am I guess. Here’s what went down (been a minute since I read the issue so ignore I miss anything let me know):

-That big robot thing calls itself Apoth and refers to itself as Psylocke’s child (don’t worry, he (?) made sure to let us know all will be explained)

-There’s a fight sequence, Cable gets yeeted, Psylocke tells Laura to let loose and she does

-There’s a kid there so they chill a bit, Psylocke reads his mind and Laura goes awol looking for Cable

-Cable gets snatched by a wraith-looking thing

-The kid dies but Psylocke knows where to find the others Apoth took. Laura wants to find Cable but Psylocke insists he can take care of himself, the kids can’t

-The thing that took Cable works for Apoth, says they want to end all things man, mutant and machine. Lucky Cable is all 3 and chained down .. not looking good for my man

-There’s some data pages about like making yourself a sword or sumn again. They’re excerpts from another text but I can’t remember what. They didn’t feel super crucial

I think that’s it. Weakest issue so far imo but not bad enough that I’ll drop it. I’m interested in what other people think because all the response I’ve seen so far seems pretty negative
    Think it's safe to say this book isn't for me.
    Gave it 3 tries and yeah...3 strikes. Actually more like 2 and a half but same diff.
    Not a fan of how Laura is written. Kid Cable... no emotional ties to him.
    Kwannon - like that "Psyloche" exists but execution is not to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    This book along with Excalibur are both a struggle for me
    I agree on one end. This last issue was a bit of a struggle. Fallen Angels started off great but each issue has gotten worse. The artist is struggling to make any coherent sense with these panels and it’s really taking away from everything. It’s almost as if it’s incomplete In a sense. I just felt like I was constantly missing something in this last issue.

Excalibur on the other hand has gotten better after a decent first issue. I feel as if both titles are trending in different directions.

You know a comic isn’t for you when you get a few pages in and just start skimming until the end.

This book definitely isn’t for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    You know a comic isn’t for you when you get a few pages in and just start skimming until the end.

This book definitely isn’t for me.
    Heh that’s usually the method I use for comics. Get a few pages in and just start skimming through it. That’s essentially what I’ve done for X-men at this point.