Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fallen Angels #3 - Seppuku *spoilers*

Welp discussing this in the preview thread felt sad lol so here I am I guess. Here’s what went down (been a minute since I read the issue so ignore I miss anything let me know):

-That big robot thing calls itself Apoth and refers to itself as Psylocke’s child (don’t worry, he (?) made sure to let us know all will be explained)

-There’s a fight sequence, Cable gets yeeted, Psylocke tells Laura to let loose and she does

-There’s a kid there so they chill a bit, Psylocke reads his mind and Laura goes awol looking for Cable

-Cable gets snatched by a wraith-looking thing

-The kid dies but Psylocke knows where to find the others Apoth took. Laura wants to find Cable but Psylocke insists he can take care of himself, the kids can’t

-The thing that took Cable works for Apoth, says they want to end all things man, mutant and machine. Lucky Cable is all 3 and chained down .. not looking good for my man

-There’s some data pages about like making yourself a sword or sumn again. They’re excerpts from another text but I can’t remember what. They didn’t feel super crucial

I think that’s it. Weakest issue so far imo but not bad enough that I’ll drop it. I’m interested in what other people think because all the response I’ve seen so far seems pretty negative

Astonishing Member

The robot isnt apoth they work for him, so I'm calling it now apoth is either kiwanna child, or matsu'o.

oops my bad there. couldn’t tell if it was the robot’s internal monologue or omniscient voiceover lol. If Apoth isn’t one of those two I’ll be genuinely shocked

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kwannon: We saved the Portuguese kid.

-after the Cable scene-

Kwannon: The kid's dead

Me:

maxresdefault.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

There's so much wrong with Laura's characterization here, and it goes beyond just trying to use her to prop up Kwannon.

For starters, in what world should she need someone to STOP her from killing a kid?*

*In which the trigger scent is not involved.

Good lord, why the heck was Laura going to kill an innocent child?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oops my bad there. couldn’t tell if it was the robot’s internal monologue or omniscient voiceover lol. If Apoth isn’t one of those two I’ll be genuinely shocked
    To be fair apoth dose appear as the cloaked figure that x Twitter pointed out looks like a vagina..... so there and now you're never miss it
    Also is there a dead kid quota in this seris ?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-11-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

-There’s a fight sequence, Cable gets yeeted, Psylocke tells Laura to let loose and she does
    What is a yeet, or what is to yeet? I am very confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    BF4335B4-9899-4364-B0FF-0D3B5050E175.jpg

apologies for the gen z-ism

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    BF4335B4-9899-4364-B0FF-0D3B5050E175.jpg

apologies for the gen z-ism
    this is the cutest, most wholesome interaction
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Welp discussing this in the preview thread felt sad lol so here I am I guess. Here’s what went down (been a minute since I read the issue so ignore I miss anything let me know):

-That big robot thing calls itself Apoth and refers to itself as Psylocke’s child (don’t worry, he (?) made sure to let us know all will be explained)

-There’s a kid there so they chill a bit, Psylocke reads his mind and Laura goes awol looking for Cable

-Cable gets snatched by a wraith-looking thing

-The kid dies but Psylocke knows where to find the others Apoth took. Laura wants to find Cable but Psylocke insists he can take care of himself, the kids can’t

-The thing that took Cable works for Apoth, says they want to end all things man, mutant and machine. Lucky Cable is all 3 and chained down .. not looking good for my man

-There’s some data pages about like making yourself a sword or sumn again. They’re excerpts from another text but I can’t remember what. They didn’t feel super crucial

I think that’s it. Weakest issue so far imo but not bad enough that I’ll drop it. I’m interested in what other people think because all the response I’ve seen so far seems pretty negative
    Think it's safe to say this book isn't for me.
    Gave it 3 tries and yeah...3 strikes. Actually more like 2 and a half but same diff.
    Not a fan of how Laura is written. Kid Cable... no emotional ties to him.
    Kwannon - like that "Psyloche" exists but execution is not to my taste.