Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    fair. I’d say she seems more like a rookie in this situation because she’s just discovering that there’s place for her violence and anger alongside her “normal” façade, but I haven’t really followed the character and don’t know what kind of growth she’s had so that could be why I don’t necessarily have a problem with her actions here
    Laura's supposed to be a tactical genius, is almost always more aware of her surroundings than others (sometimes she's even more aware than Wolverine), and she's shown potential as a future leader. This has been consistent for her from the Academy X days to All-New Wolverine. Suddenly portraying her as a rookie is terrible characterization.
    Last edited by healed1337; 12-11-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Laura's supposed to be a tactical genius, is almost always more aware of her surroundings than others (sometimes she's even more aware than Wolverine), and she's shown potential as a future leader.
    She takes the robot down no problem. This book has clearly been showing being somewhat distracted by Nathan for some reason.

Astonishing Member

So what I'm getting here is that if you don't mind Laura's portrayal in this book Fallen Angel actually pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The author said it was going on 'hiatus', but given that Kwannon is moving on to Hellions and the breakneck pacing of DoX, that's pretty much just code for 'cancelled'
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    We have 6 then a "hiatus" due to other works. Weither that's used to corse correct, bring on a new creative team, or it being stealth canceled is up in the air
    damn. too bad . Just when the team’s getting bigger

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    She takes the robot down no problem. This book has clearly been showing being somewhat distracted by Nathan for some reason.
    and that still i s bad characterization.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So what I'm getting here is that if you don't mind Laura's portrayal in this book Fallen Angel actually pretty good
    In the sense that, is this some interpretation of Laura, and not just some person drawn to look like Laura, and is Laura getting to do important things and play a role in the story as opposed to just be there for gags, then yes? Keep in mind that I am not a stickler for 'character advancement' in that I have been reading comics for 30 years featuring characters that had already been around for almost 30 years. Characters will 'regress' from time to time, but as long as they are well used and do things that would at some point be considered 'in character' I am not typically going to have a problem with portrayal.

It’s been solid imo. Not without its bumps but I think it could develop really nicely

I guess I have to give psylocke credit for being so put together that she's able to be an effective sensei after having her body back for all of a few months. No need to relearn her body, retrain her powers nothing. Though if I was cable.or x23 call me messed up but I'm not looking for guidance from someone I can't be sure knows who she is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It still bad. kwannon is a japanese cliché and art is awful

BANNED

I wonder how you get to that conclusion when that's far from the only complaint people have about this book, it's just the most recurring one because Laura's the most popular character in the book.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I'm dropping Fallen Angels after today. These issues are getting worst not better. Kwannon baby I wish Gerry Dungan was able to take you to Marauders
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Not really. Kwannon offers fortune cookie wisdom and Cable’s inclusion so far seems pretty pointless. The writing for all 3 is bad, Laura’s just might be the worst.

- So Laura basically killed a child by destroying the robot and there was zero reaction from her when Psylocke told her? And some say Laura’s characterization isn’t bad in this series!??
    Also before that she was ready to slice the kid up if Psylocke hadn’t stopped her, what the hell? You can’t say she didn’t notice him, she has heightened senses, no way Laura didn’t notice but Psylocke did before her… This just adds to her bad characterization more.

- Laura fights like an amateur and after Psylocke gives her a pep talk she suddenly excels in fighting? Next time she will tell her to use her caws and Lara will suddenly realize that they are very practical in fights…

- literally nothing happened in this issue

I’m starting to think that the editors haven’t read the Laura solo series and her other stories from the last couple of years. It’s just unbelievable that they really let this characterization get printed if they know the character well… The editors did a terrible job here.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    fair. I’d say she seems more like a rookie in this situation because she’s just discovering that there’s place for her violence and anger alongside her “normal” façade, but I haven’t really followed the character and don’t know what kind of growth she’s had so that could be why I don’t necessarily have a problem with her actions here
    Read All New-Wolverine and Fallen angels again and you’re gonna have some shocking experience.
    Or read her first stories from like 10 years ago, and you’ll see the FA’s characterization is closer to that. So they basically ignore years of development of the character.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I don't like how they are protraying Kwannon as this extremely wise person who tells everyone else how they should feel or act.

Laura has been demoted as a character in this garbage.

I'm all for Kwannon being an assassin again....but this book is just boring....awful art

only thing that interested me was Sinister's interaction with her....I was hoping it was revealed that she was Sinister's spy

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I don't like how they are protraying Kwannon as this extremely wise person who tells everyone else how they should feel or act.

Laura has been demoted as a character in this garbage.

I'm all for Kwannon being an assassin again....but this book is just boring....awful art

only thing that interested me was Sinister's interaction with her....I was hoping it was revealed that she was Sinister's spy
    It would have been a better book if she was actually an assassin going around killing major players that have it out for mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/