Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What does this mean? when did The Flash new 52 issue reach #750?

Im lost, someone want to explain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    What does this mean? when did The Flash new 52 issue reach #750?

Im lost, someone want to explain?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4730078

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

I haven't been keeping tabs in a hot minute, but using Legacy Numbering where are we at with Batman and Superman? Gotta be approaching some anniversaries there, too.
    And Green Lantern too? Though in my opinion the current THE GREEN LANTERN is not the same title as GREEN LANTERN.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    And Green Lantern too? Though in my opinion the current THE GREEN LANTERN is not the same title as GREEN LANTERN.
    Flash's distinction is from Barry's book picking up Jay's Golden Age numbering. Hal's book did not pick up Alan's numbering. As to what would count for a GL legacy numbering, I'm sure there are those far more knowledgeable in the history.

Besides keeping track of "milestones" aka reaching a stupid big number, why do people care about legacy numbering so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Besides keeping track of "milestones" aka reaching a stupid big number, why do people care about legacy numbering so much?
    I like the idea of a series I've been reading for years reflecting that. Legacy numbering also make searching for or even referencing an old story or issue easier.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I like the idea of a series I've been reading for years reflecting that. Legacy numbering also make searching for or even referencing an old story or issue easier.
    Eh, might be neat to be like "I read a thousand issues and the numbering proves it!" but it might make it harder for newbies to know when/where to join in. A fancy number 1 is always an enticing jumping on point.

So I checked out both Wonder Woman and Flash at the start of Rebirth and I thought they were both pretty bad. Have they changed much since?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Wonder Woman has changed creative team multiple times, so yes. Having not read it myself though, I can't tell you if that's for better or worse. Flash still has the same writer, so if you didn't like it at the start, you won't like it now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eh, might be neat to be like "I read a thousand issues and the numbering proves it!" but it might make it harder for newbies to know when/where to join in. A fancy number 1 is always an enticing jumping on point.
    Let's not confuse "best for the company" with "this fan likes it". I like what I like even if DC and Marvel can make more money doing something else. I get number ones sell. But total sales on a book won't translate to my liking it.

Astonishing Member

Less enticing when there are 7 different number 1s to choose from.

I've read comics all my life, but I have to do a thorough Google search when I want to buy a Marvel/DC series in TPB. "Collects issues #7-12" is useless information if there are 2/3 other books that also collect completely different #7-12.

If someone wants to read the first appearance of Punisher - Amazing Spider-Man #129, first Venom - Amazing Spider-Man #300. Simple. Constant renumbering makes seeking out specific issues, specific stories, specific characters more convoluted. It's a bad idea, especially in the digital marketplace.

It needs to say "collects issues #7-12 (2018)" or something similar. If it doesn't, that's bad editing. Even that's not good enough sometimes. When Secret Wars caused all Marvel books to get a new #1, that included a few books that had only launched six months earlier. The result is that Squirrel Girl's first trade is disambiguated with (2015A) and later ones are labelled as collecting comics from (2015B).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

With 5G coming, I wonder if DC will keep this going or not. I'm guessing no, so this is just something to appease fans while they already plan the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    With 5G coming, I wonder if DC will keep this going or not. I'm guessing no, so this is just something to appease fans while they already plan the relaunch.
    Marvel did the same thing with their big push for legacy numbering before Fresh Start happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel did the same thing with their big push for legacy numbering before Fresh Start happened.
    Marvel uses a lgy number on their covers for some titles. So the last FF issue I bough this week was number 17 with a lgy number of 662.