Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Symbiote Spiderman: Alien Reality

Anyone read the issue? U mistaken Natasha for the red head black cat look-alike guess we all have Mj in our minds when it comes to Red-Heads. Hobgoblin becoming Doctor Strange was interesting and a difficult opponent for Spider-man. But Og Doctor Strange although weaken found our Webhead and will play a role in changing everything back to normal.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Feels really slip-shod all things considered. Hobgoblin being Doctor Strange is just random. It's not funny, it's not insightful on a character-level, it feels random.

Black Widow as Black Cat just doesn't feel right to me. It's not commenting or saying anything about the characters.

Astonishing Member

This was very reminiscent of the Emperor Joker storyline at DC when he got the powers of Mxy and ran riot. Should make for an interesting distraction. I'm just wondering which Hobgoblin it is. Judging from the fact he sought out and obtained the powers of the Sorcerer Supreme it is likely Macendale. He was always seeking an upgrade and wasn't above making deals with demons to get more power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This was very reminiscent of the Emperor Joker storyline at DC when he got the powers of Mxy and ran riot. Should make for an interesting distraction.
    Yeah, an "interesting distraction" seems about right. Based on this first issue, I'm game to see where it goes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Anyone read the issue? U mistaken Natasha for the red head black cat look-alike guess we all have Mj in our minds when it comes to Red-Heads. Hobgoblin becoming Doctor Strange was interesting and a difficult opponent for Spider-man. But Og Doctor Strange although weaken found our Webhead and will play a role in changing everything back to normal.
    It would have made sense if it was MJ. Purely because I wanted to see the roles between her and Felicia switched. Peter doesn't really have that emotional attachment to Nat (or history for that matter). So that decision seemed out of place for me (I think PAD did it because he had Nat in the opening).

I know one member of this forum who is going to be on cloud nine with this issue: Darthfury. They've always shipped those two lol.

I really enjoyed this issue - the alien symbiote Spider-Man era was one of my faves so it was good to revisit.

Ticked all the boxes for me Dr Strange, Hobgoblin, & Kraven.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 12-11-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

It would have made sense if it was MJ. Purely because I wanted to see the roles between her and Felicia switched. Peter doesn't really have that emotional attachment to Nat (or history for that matter). So that decision seemed out of place for me (I think PAD did it because he had Nat in the opening).

I know one member of this forum who is going to be on cloud nine with this issue: Darthfury. They've always shipped those two lol.
    To be fair, having Natasha in Black Cat's costume is an insult to the readers intelligence. Also, while there is no emotional history between Natasha and Peter, I blame that on the previous Editors and Writers of the Spider-Office. I feel that the Black Widow could fit in well in the pages of Spider-Man as a reoccurring guest as often as Black Cat does. Personally, an alternate universe where The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Tigra are allies of Spider-Man(respectively) would be cool to see. I am not interested with seeing Black Widow and Black Cat roles switched. There are so many potential adventures that could come out of a Spider-Man and Black Widow partnership. It's worked well for Deadpool and Wolverine working alongside Spidey. Why can't it apply towards the Black Widow and Spider-Man as allies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    To be fair, having Natasha in Black Cat's costume is an insult to the readers intelligence.
    Or, to be even more fair, it's simply fun, alt-reality shenanigans that shouldn't be taken seriously enough to rise to the level of insult.

To be fair, having Natasha in Black Cat's costume is an insult to the readers intelligence. Also, while there is no emotional history between Natasha and Peter, I blame that on the previous Editors and Writers of the Spider-Office. I feel that the Black Widow could fit in well in the pages of Spider-Man as a reoccurring guest as often as Black Cat does. Personally, an alternate universe where The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, and Tigra are allies of Spider-Man(respectively) would be cool to see. I am not interested with seeing Black Widow and Black Cat roles switched. There are so many potential adventures that could come out of a Spider-Man and Black Widow partnership. It's worked well for Deadpool and Wolverine working alongside Spidey. Why can't it apply towards the Black Widow and Spider-Man as allies?
    Go off, my king!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

The previous Symbiote Spider-Man limited series was great.
    So Symbiote Spider-Man.Alien Reality#1 was one of the new comic books i was looking forward to read.
    I liked how the story elements are not as in the previous story but rather else quite mysterious.
    I will not claim that i know already how the story is hapening and the mistery of the alien reality but considerating the writer i think solving the mistery of this story will be great.
    Greg Land art in this issue was awesome as well,i like the way he illustrated Hobgoblin for example.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The previous Symbiote Spider-Man limited series was great.
    So Symbiote Spider-Man.Alien Reality#1 was one of the new comic books i was looking forward to read.
    I liked how the story elements are not as in the previous story but rather else quite mysterious.
    I will not claim that i know already how the story is hapening and the mistery of the alien reality but considerating the writer i think solving the mistery of this story will be great.
    Greg Land art in this issue was awesome as well,i like the way he illustrated Hobgoblin for example.

have you had the chance to read Symbiote Spider-Man Alien Dimensions with Natasha as The Red Cat?

Astonishing Member

Well, to be fair, there was once. One time, Natasha was tortured by Hydra and she ended up trapped in her personality of "Nancy Rushman". While she had amnesia, "Nancy" developed a deep crush on Spider-Man for protecting her. However, when she was Natasha again, she left it clear she had no interest on Spidey.

Yeah, having Mary Jane and Felicia trading places would have been interesting to see. Maybe someday. (I mean, if they have done things like turning MJ into a spider and bond her with Venom, anything can happen next).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, to be fair, there was once. One time, Natasha was tortured by Hydra and she ended up trapped in her personality of "Nancy Rushman". While she had amnesia, "Nancy" developed a deep crush on Spider-Man for protecting her. However, when she was Natasha again, she left it clear she had no interest on Spidey.

Yeah, having Mary Jane and Felicia trading places would have been interesting to see. Maybe someday. (I mean, if they have done things like turning MJ into a spider and bond her with Venom, anything can happen next).
    I feel that Natasha and Peter's relationship must move on from the MTU story that concluded 40 years ago. As readers, we tend to focus too much on the past instead of the present when it come to the Black Widow's past dealings with Spider-Man. If Daredevil and Deadpool could find common ground with Peter Parker, so can The Black Widow. This was after Matt learned that Spider-Man was Peter Parker. It would nice for Natasha to learn Peter's secret as Spider-Man as it would open doors to stories yet to be told, yet Marvel has already established...

Extraordinary Member

As a Morbius fan, why were there bats? When has he ever been able to control the weather?

Astonishing Member

have you had the chance to read Symbiote Spider-Man Alien Dimensions with Natasha as The Red Cat?
    Only up to the second issue,i have not read the third issue of Symbiote Spider-Man:Alien Reality yet.