Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Super Sword Fight

Superman with Diana's sword and shield takes on the Sentry who has the ebony blade and Captain America's shield.
    First round: super speed is enabled
    Second Round: Speed equalised

I think the ebony blade and Cap's shield are superior to Diana's gear, but Superman has a vast quantity of feats that include some actual swordfighting experience, as well as some feats of fighting against sword-wielding opponents.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Can either of these swords actually do anything meaningful to Sentry?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This is my concern.

'Course, I have no idea where the Sentry sits feat-wise, these days!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is my concern.

'Course, I have no idea where the Sentry sits feat-wise, these days!
    Recently, he merged with Void and then beat up a guy as strong as he was pre-merger. Also punched the moon in half. Also warped reality into a nightmare dreamscape. One shot (crappy) Thor and one shot Hulkbuster.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Recently, he merged with Void and then beat up a guy as strong as he was pre-merger. Also punched the moon in half. Also warped reality into a nightmare dreamscape. One shot (crappy) Thor and one shot Hulkbuster.
    While his current status is still in question/flux, during Annihilation Scourge he also spoilers:
    grabbed a small reality crack from a closing portal and tore it into a lightyears-wide dimensional rift with his bare hands
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    While his current status is still in question/flux, during Annihilation Scourge he also spoilers:
    grabbed a small reality crack from a closing portal and tore it into a lightyears-wide dimensional rift with his bare hands
    end of spoilers
    Wow. Sounds like he's above Thanos now

end of spoilers
    Holy jeebus. That's absurd.

Are we sure it's real Sentry? Last I heard, it might be the cancerverse version of the guy. Not sure if that changes anything though.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It's the actual Sentry, though he's expelled Robert Reynolds from himself, so kinda sorta the Void, but in the form of the Sentry. He's indeed stupid powerful, sigh.

He did absorb a bunch of energy from the Negative Zone on top of things as far as it goes.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-12-2019 at 11:41 PM.

I mean on the one hand Beta Ray Bill while taking a very one sided beating was able to use a charged up hammer toss to send him back into the rift (I suppose the idea was that the Sentry couldn't lift Stormbreaker off himself as it hurtled away with him, essentially Bill never called the hammer back, he sent it into the rift with the Sentry), but then again Rich Rider Nova, with enough of the Nova Force that he was able to throw a spaceship into a sun across some decent distance, punched him full on and did dead zero nothing but make the Sentry's head turn a little, later noting "he almost felt that".

So yeah... overall.. yeah.

Then again the Surfer just merged with Bob Reynolds and that entity might defeat him, we'll see. Then again the Surfer is all weird now, having undergone some strange metaphysical shift after Silver Surfer Black.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 12-13-2019 at 02:32 PM.

end of spoilers
    I don't think this is what happened. Sentry/Void did a tear a portal into a larger rift in the Beta Ray Bill issue, but the "light-years wide" bit was in the Silver Surfer issue and appeared to have nothing to do with the the one Sentry/Void touched, resulting in a bunch of civilian ships jumping dimension. No size is stated for the Beta Ray Bill rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's the actual Sentry, though he's expelled Robert Reynolds from himself, so kinda sorta the Void, but in the form of the Sentry. He's indeed stupid powerful, sigh.

He did absorb a bunch of energy from the Negative Zone on top of things as far as it goes.
    I don't want to be mean but does the Sentry really only have that one storyline? I could swear that "Oh no the Void is out!" is what happens every single time. Is there any other story about him that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I don't want to be mean but does the Sentry really only have that one storyline? I could swear that "Oh no the Void is out!" is what happens every single time. Is there any other story about him that I missed?
    Well there is the storyline that is "Oh no what if the Void gets out again? That would be really bad!"

So... No. There really isn't another storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I don't think this is what happened. Sentry/Void did a tear a portal into a larger rift in the Beta Ray Bill issue, but the "light-years wide" bit was in the Silver Surfer issue and appeared to have nothing to do with the the one Sentry/Void touched, resulting in a bunch of civilian ships jumping dimension. No size is stated for the Beta Ray Bill rift.
    I don't know how one could possibly assume it was somehow a second, not stated anywhere else, wide spanning Negative Zone portal other that the one Void (and everyone else in the battlefield for that matter) saw Annihilus opening, since Void keeping it from closing then expanding it and Surfer watching it expand where in the same area (the "edge of galactic space"), portal opening from the Zone in the first place was portrayed at the time as something requiring unpredictable (to them) Reed Richard originated technology that only Annihilus possessed and not even everybody knew how to use (Blastaar even made a point of killing the ones who did in an attempt to ruthlessly quarantine the Cancerverse incursion in the Zone) and also, the fleet commander in the Bill comic was shown as clearing a path for whoever could manage to escape the incursion, which is the desperate folk Surfer witnessed.

Couldn't even be speculated to be what Nova used to escape, since that was a strictly personal use device that signalled to Annihilus looking for reinforcements in the positive zone was no longer an option for him.

I don't know how one could possibly assume it was somehow a second, not stated anywhere else, wide spanning Negative Zone portal other that the one Void (and everyone else in the battlefield for that matter) saw Annihilus opening, since Void keeping it from closing then expanding it and Surfer watching it expand where in the same area (the "edge of galactic space"), portal opening from the Zone in the first place was portrayed at the time as something requiring unpredictable (to them) Reed Richard originated technology that only Annihilus possessed and not even everybody knew how to use (Blastaar even made a point of killing the ones who did in an attempt to ruthlessly quarantine the Cancerverse incursion in the Zone) and also, the fleet commander in the Bill comic was shown as clearing a path for whoever could manage to escape the incursion, which is the desperate folk Surfer witnessed.

Couldn't even be speculated to be what Nova used to escape, since that was a strictly personal use device that signalled to Annihilus looking for reinforcements in the positive zone was no longer an option for him.
    Actually, you might be right. I was reading the Surfer's monologue of "the hole they punched in space in their frantic effort to escape has frayed and split" as referring specifically to the dead refugees in front of him, as in they themselves had punched the hole in space. But it is possible Surfer was more referring to denizens of the Negative Zone in general having opened the portal. There were some refugee ships mentioned in the issue Annihlus opens the hole, so they might just be those folks.

And that would make more sense-- I scratched my head when I first read the Surfer issue, because the rando civilians having tech to get to the positive zone independently didn't make much sense given how big a deal the tech was in other issues. That might have been the same hole over in Nova-- time passing differently in the negative zone could mean that Void's confrontation with Beta Ray Bill might have happened after his confrontation with Nova-- potentially right after if he was chasing Richard through the portal.