Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Damos40 View Post
    The fact that DC refuses to Batwing (apparently because of its title) is incredibly pathetic, but I've gotten to use it.

Seriously has their ever been book by DC or Marvel that has lasted as long as Batwing has in spite of poor sales (I'm sure their has been, I just can't recall it)?
    I mean to be fair Batwing isn't that bad at all. I've only read the new one though I think a lot of people got pissed Zavimbe got tossed out the role for a Fox in Gotham.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    I mean to be fair Batwing isn't that bad at all. I've only read the new one though I think a lot of people got pissed Zavimbe got tossed out the role for a Fox in Gotham.
    Yeah, but that doesn't excuse why it's not being cancelled. The fact that DC had to replace Zavimbe with Fox is a testament to their stubbornness.

Well, to their credit, they are doing something a lot of people constantly ask of them - give a book/new direction time to find an audience. It hasn't happened, and I think at this point cancellation is pretty much guaranteed pretty soon now, but I would rather they try to let it find it's audience, and if that fails let them finish up their run in a natural way rather than axe it too soon. I don't think Batwing is taking AWAY a spot for another book at this point since they've clearly abandoned that whole 52 ongoing books every month thing, so there's no harm, aside from them losing money.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, to their credit, they are doing something a lot of people constantly ask of them - give a book/new direction time to find an audience. It hasn't happened, and I think at this point cancellation is pretty much guaranteed pretty soon now, but I would rather they try to let it find it's audience, and if that fails let them finish up their run in a natural way rather than axe it too soon. I don't think Batwing is taking AWAY a spot for another book at this point since they've clearly abandoned that whole 52 ongoing books every month thing, so there's no harm, aside from them losing money.
    I doubt this book would have lasted longer if it was called Blastwing or some stupid #hit though.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    I wasn't upset that the Batwing mantle was passed on from Zavimbe to Fox. What pissed me the heck off was the way it was handled by the incoming creative team. They basically dismissed Zavimbe as a second choice for the mantle and in so doing they implied that somehow Fox was a better and more fitting choice for it. That's what pissed off some fans of Zavimbe and why I dropped the title never to return.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-11-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    wow and that was the final issue wasnt it?
    even SCRIBBLENAUTS UNMASKED CRISIS OF IMAGINATION #3 sold more than that

here are the top 300 comics
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28315.html
    WOW! I'm actually shocked to see Invincible Universe so low on the chart! It's almost at the bottom! That's crazy to me. Also, I thought Batwing was selling way better than most people are describing in this thread. Isn't Batwing up to issue 30 something now?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    WOW! I'm actually shocked to see Invincible Universe so low on the chart! It's almost at the bottom! That's crazy to me. Also, I thought Batwing was selling way better than most people are describing in this thread. Isn't Batwing up to issue 30 something now?
    The only reason DC's still has that book running is because it has the word "bat", otherwise it would have been cancelled a long time ago.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Damos40 View Post
    The only reason DC's still has that book running is because it has the word "bat", otherwise it would have been cancelled a long time ago.
    It's probably more of a case of it being one of DC's few minority solo titles that is keeping it alive rather than the fact it has "bat" in the title. Being a Bat related title didn't stop DC from cancelling Nightwing after all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    It's probably more of a case of it being one of DC's few minority solo titles that is keeping it alive rather than the fact it has "bat" in the title. Being a Bat related title didn't stop DC from cancelling Nightwing after all.
    I guess. Still some biasm might be playing a part, especially since DC has no plans to do anything else with Batwing.