Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Captain America (Steve)
    Falcon (Sam Wilson)
    Black Widow (Natasha of course)
    Vision
    Mr. Fantastic
    Hank Pym (works mostly as technical support, the way he prefers)
    Nighthawk
    Dr. Strange
    Cyclops
    Daredevil
    Valkyrie
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yup. All sorts of reasons why many of the most famous Avengers aren't necessarily trustworthy. That's the thing about Marvel heroes - they have flaws. They're not perfect paragons like Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Superman is an illegal alien and Diana is an immigrant. That's the problem with the general public weighing in, given the current climate. At the end of the day I think most would agree with Cap as probably the only true "perfect paragon." The rest all have something about them that someone might find objectionable. (Then again, there is plenty about Steve's origin to nitpick as well.)
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Boisterously Confused

Strikes me Wonder Man is a candidate. Yeah, he was an embezzler, but we love a redemption story, he's proven himself in the superhero community, and he's a celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Strikes me Wonder Man is a candidate. Yeah, he was an embezzler, but we love a redemption story, he's proven himself in the superhero community, and he's a celebrity.
    Damn, I like that spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yup. All sorts of reasons why many of the most famous Avengers aren't necessarily trustworthy. That's the thing about Marvel heroes - they have flaws. They're not perfect paragons like Superman and Wonder Woman.
    This is one of my favorite parts of the Busiek/Perez JLA/Avengers crossover, how they drew that comparison in all sorts of ways.
    Remember Quicksilver’s chagrin at learning of the Flash museum? And how Flash was mistaken for a “Mutie” while protecting one?

1. Captain America- Even with Secret empire he is still trusted

2. Mr Fantastic
    3. Invisible Woman
    * The flaming man and Rock Monster don't necessary inspire trust

4. Captain Marvel
    5. War Machine
    6. Blue Marvel
    7. Weapon H-Clayton Cortez
    8. Quake
    They joined the military and public known quantities. It is easy to spin them to public

9. Iron Man
    10.Falcon

Thor doesn't make the cut Foreigner God, Dr Strange does not make the cut magic is seen as evil by a lot of people, Spider Man does not make the cut he wears a mask and half of career he was seen as "menace" in the media, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver began public as criminals so they don't make it. Vision isn't human and a lot of people don't trust tech and ai. Note this just means from a PR stand point I think it is easier to push the characters above over these ones

Almost made the cut, I had couple of them in list but switch them out.

Wonder Man
    Nova
    Hawkeye-Kate Bishop
    Spectrum
    Wasp
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-12-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Nice call on Blue Marvel. I’m adding him to my roster.

As for mutants--

Wasn't Excalibur really well liked in the uk in their first team? They never really got attacked for being mutants there and were invited to big events. Also isn't alpha flight liked in Canada? X-factor in the early issues was loved by everyone and even was in parades. That changed later.

What about power pack as kids? This ones kind of tough.

You provided your own explanation for nearly everything you brought up.
    Excalibur as you describe it was years ago and in a different country. X-Factor’s parade going status was also years ago. Alpha Flight is a whole other country, where nearly all if not all major heroes are on the Govt payroll.

As for Power Pack i’ve No idea how well known they are to the general public. Some have served on other teams and are now sponsored by the FF, so may be known in those ways.

How younger heroes are perceived/trusted may be up in the air anyway, pending the upcoming OUTLAWED one shot.

Earth Force.

1. Captain America
    2. Invisible Woman
    3. Monica Rambeau
    4. War Machine
    5. Hercules
    6. Ben Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Damn, I like that spin!

This is one of my favorite parts of the Busiek/Perez JLA/Avengers crossover, how they drew that comparison in all sorts of ways.
    Remember Quicksilver’s chagrin at learning of the Flash museum? And how Flash was mistaken for a “Mutie” while protecting one?
    That crossover used an outdated depiction of the DC universe. Hal Jordan had turned evil and then died, Wally West was not a perfect paragon and even Superman and Wonder Woman had been shown to have flaws. Outside of the Hulk, Spider-Man and the X-Men, Marvel heroes aren't any more hated than DC's.

That's also the crossover that said the infinity gems didn't work in another universe when they worked in the ultraverse just fine for a year, said there was no speed force in the mu when barry showed up in quasar using the speed force, had superman and cap act like jerks over another universe, had superman catch thors hammer when it would have broke his hand due to his magic weakness, four pages tearing apart the marvel universe but only 2 panels for dc and it's a tv ad and angry at the flash museum and avengers had a member mantis who LIVED in the dc universe and they didn't use her!

JLa vs avengers was a great story and the last issue was great but it had annoying things like this that do stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That crossover used an outdated depiction of the DC universe. Hal Jordan had turned evil and then died, Wally West was not a perfect paragon and even Superman and Wonder Woman had been shown to have flaws. Outside of the Hulk, Spider-Man and the X-Men, Marvel heroes aren't any more hated than DC's.
    It was current at the time, so, not outdated.
    And i still agree w. Digifiend; in comparison to the Marvel heroes, DCs heroes come off as perfect. They’re paragons, easily patterned after the Greek Gods in some depictions.

But, agree to disagree and all that. I’m not trying to derail a Marvel thread w. a DC debate, i was just replying to a post I found interesting. No harm intended.

But, agree to disagree and all that. I’m not trying to derail a Marvel thread w. a DC debate, i was just replying to a post I found interesting. No harm intended.
    Same. Don't want this thread to turn into marvel vs dc also so I won't talk about jla anymore. (plus marvel has it's own jla with Squadron Supreme )

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    (plus marvel has it's own jla with Squadron Supreme )
    Other than Mark Gruenwald‘s version, I liked the late somewhat great Supreme Power version of the team best.
    Too bad that line went off the rails...