Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The whole business about the UK being more accepting of mutants went out the window as soon as Ben Raab was brought onto the original series. That's not on Howard.

(In fairness to Raab, I think that was mostly Harras.)
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-12-2019 at 01:36 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    One of the defining charms of the original Excalibur was that the British people didn't hate and fear mutants, and instead regarded them as superheroes like the Avengers. It wasn't often that Excalibur interacted with the people of Britain, but it was nice when they did, and were met by smiles, fans, and paparazzi.

I realize Brexit Britain is very different world than the original Excalibur's rose-colored 80s, but it's just ANOTHER sign that this book is X-Men Purple, and not what I was hoping it could be.
    The narrative than europeans are more tolerant than mericans is a complete lie tho. So Im glad this is more realistic then classic Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I kind of feel like you wouldn’t get an overtly anti mutant crowd in central London like that, or at least there’d be a bigger counter protest. Bigotry is a more private affair here.
    I realize the emphasis with Captain Britain being a mutant ending up as a "cannot serve two masters" situation, and that's interesting, but still. The "symbol of Britain" relationship with British media was never really a concern of Brian's... though I could be wrong.

This is all heading toward something that I felt should've been dealt with straight away in Excalibur/Fallen Angels/X-Men #1. Betsy should've renounced the Psylocke name, her Krakoan citizenship, and membership among the X-Men in a big sad, dramatic, emotional explusion. And all this Captain Britain stuff could've been how Betsy gets her groove back.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The narrative than europeans are more tolerant than mericans is a complete lie tho.
    Acknowledged. It was more of a feature of the original Excalibur that helped keep the book light in a time when most X-adjacent books were darkening.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Is that true though because the mob signs were taken from Moore's run per the writer Tini.

So not all humans viewed them as superheroes back then and still dont. Just saying.

Rictor's costume needs another pass. The shoulder color breaks are nice and seemingly unique but everything below that is boring.

The narrative than europeans are more tolerant than mericans is a complete lie tho. So Im glad this is more realistic then classic Excalibur.
    I don’t think I could agree more with this.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is that true though because the mob signs were taken from Moore's run per the writer Tini.

So not all humans viewed them as superheroes back then and still dont. Just saying.
    What a great nod!

You look so dashing with your new avatar.

Anyway, I liked #3 more than I liked #2. Here's hoping the trend will continue. Rogue needs to wake up already, the book needs her kind of vibrancy.

Acknowledged. It was more of a feature of the original Excalibur that helped keep the book light in a time when most X-adjacent books were darkening.
    The original Excalibur has been written by Claremont, the opposition between mutants and 'humans' wasn't his only subject for stories…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    “He prefers • ••[A]•• •“

“He knows stuff. I’m feeling good”

It happening. It’s f****** happening!
    Bruh we're already on the tsundere phase, by March they'll be at bonfire party and chill.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Going by the preview, I agree it seems like this book is continuing on, in its upward trend. I look forward to reading & seeing it neXt week.

Rictor's costume needs another pass. The shoulder color breaks are nice and seemingly unique but everything below that is boring.
    I like that it's got some subtle nods to his 90's XF look:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    You look so dashing with your new avatar.

Anyway, I liked #3 more than I liked #2. Here's hoping the trend will continue. Rogue needs to wake up already, the book needs her kind of vibrancy.
    <8
    Im not sure I even want Rogue to be brought back if shes just going to be an accessory to Betsys magical quest and attached to Gambit at the hip she can stay a flower for now.

Best art on the DoX titles still.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I like that it's got some subtle nods to his 90's XF look:
    Yep, and aside from the boots and sleeve cut, a terrible look.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Well it looks very pretty. Hopefully these aren't the opening pages, because that would be a rough transition from the end of the last issue.

[A] and Rictor reminds me of that time Pietro was manipulating him while pretending to be his friend.
    When Rictor said "He knows stuff," I was hoping Layla was going to pop up that a) she knows stuff and b) this is the same **** that happened with Quicksilver.