Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I am so happy Rictor seems to be moving on to literally bigger and better. May he never spit on Shatterstar if he's on fire.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

The "A" stuff is so cringey

and Rictor like Jubilee is just there with no real purpose

This book is ....not great so far.

Wasn’t Rictor’s purpose made apparent with •—[A]—• right before he swooped in to save him? He needs a master of stone to strengthen mutant magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

I agree on the A thing it takes me out of the story for a second every time i see it. But thats on me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wasn’t Rictor’s purpose made apparent with •—[A]—• right before he swooped in to save him? He needs a master of stone to strengthen mutant magic.
    we all know he just wanted a side piece

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree on the A thing it takes me out of the story for a second every time i see it. But thats on me.
    his krakoan name thing is only ever played as a gag. pure Schtick. laugh or perish

The stuff with Rictor is painful. Last I saw him was in the Shatterstar miniseries, where he got back together with him and they were in a pretty happy place. Now he sounds like an Apocalypse cult follower. Though based on what people are saying about Quicksilver, him being a rube makes sense.

Every time I see that stupid (A) thing I call him "The Mutant Formally Known as Apocalypse" and laugh

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Well, betcha by golly wow, that's a brilliant take on -[A]-
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

wow, this sieries is getting more interesting finally! I'm definitely going to check this issue out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Every time I see that stupid (A) thing I call him "The Mutant Formally Known as Apocalypse" and laugh
    I'll be honest, I've just been reading it as "Brad."

I'm loving Gambit here though; it's good to see how his frustrations might be coming to a head, especially if he's been feeling particularly dismissed the last few issues or so (which neither I nor the narrative blames him for!)

I do have to criticise Rictor's...not praising, exactly, but 'explanation' in regards to him and Apocalypse. This is why this stuff needs to happen on panel; it didn't seem, last issue that is, as if Apocalypse so much as 'listened' as he said 'quit being depressed, that's for weaklings.' For now...I'm hoping Gambit keeps that bit of distrust for the guy that he and Jubilee share. I think it's too early in the game to toss that out or even properly 'resolve' it as of yet--I think it needs a bit more earning, I guess?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I do have to criticise Rictor's...not praising, exactly, but 'explanation' in regards to him and Apocalypse. This is why this stuff needs to happen on panel; it didn't seem, last issue that is, as if Apocalypse so much as 'listened' as he said 'quit being depressed, that's for weaklings.' For now...I'm hoping Gambit keeps that bit of distrust for the guy that he and Jubilee share. I think it's too early in the game to toss that out or even properly 'resolve' it as of yet--I think it needs a bit more earning, I guess?
    I think it’s happening off panel to keep us on edge. Is •┤Ȧ├• just manipulating Rictor so he can use him, or is •┤Ȧ├• genuinely invested in Rictor’s health and potential?

The answer probably lies in the middle.

BANNED

Though it seems dismissive to readers, I think Rictor’s depression would seem trivial to a three thousand year old genius wizard mutant. It’s possible that •┤Ȧ├• sat down with Rictor and had a mind blowing *cough* therapy session

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The stuff with Rictor is painful. Last I saw him was in the Shatterstar miniseries, where he got back together with him and they were in a pretty happy place. Now he sounds like an Apocalypse cult follower. Though based on what people are saying about Quicksilver, him being a rube makes sense.

I really ignore this ::A:: thing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I think it’s happening off panel to keep us on edge. Is •┤Ȧ├• just manipulating Rictor so he can use him, or is •┤Ȧ├• genuinely invested in Rictor’s health and potential?

The answer probably lies in the middle.
    A very good point! I do hope there is a bit more elaboration on-panel either way though, even if it comes by way of a bit of narrative subversion.

I'm kind of with you, though, in that it lies in the middle: Brad--Apocalypse does care for Rictor's health, as that directly impacts whether or not he reaches his potential and, as such, potentially decides whether or not Apocalypse gets what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Though it seems dismissive to readers, I think Rictor’s depression would seem trivial to a three thousand year old genius wizard mutant. It’s possible that •┤Ȧ├• sat down with Rictor and had a mind blowing *cough* therapy session
    See, on the one hand, yeah, I agree, that makes sense.

On the other, I'd still like to see Rictor put up a bit more resistance on that front and really call out Apocalypse's apathy--have it challenge the dude perhaps on a level he hasn't seen despite his 3000 years. I don't care if he thinks he's literally seen it all, no two perspectives are ever the same and, as such, similar circumstances can be viewed radically differently, especially where mental health is concerned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    See, on the one hand, yeah, I agree, that makes sense.

On the other, I'd still like to see Rictor put up a bit more resistance on that front and really call out Apocalypse's apathy--have it challenge the dude perhaps on a level he hasn't seen despite his 3000 years. I don't care if he thinks he's literally seen it all, no two perspectives are ever the same and, as such, similar circumstances can be viewed radically differently, especially where mental health is concerned.
    If •┤Ȧ├• is apathetic, then yeah I’d like to see anger from Rictor. Rictor lost his father when he was young and it seems like he’s always looking for a surrogate. First with Cable and now maybe with •┤Ȧ├•, so I can imagine the disappointment and hurt if he’s being exploited.

In X-Men #2 we see •┤Ȧ├• showing genuine affection to his ‘grandchild’, so we know he’s capable of human feeling. We’ll see what happens

I'm not thrilled with how they're handling Rictor. First, his recent bout of depression and loss of control of his powers came out of nowhere. Last he had been seen was happy and back together with Shatterstar, who's weirdly MIA. Now it seems like after a mostly offscreen pep talk from Apocalypse he's fine? Scenes like that are not helping with the culty vibes. 'Charismatic leader approaches people in a low point and convinces them that they have the answers to all their problems'. Its just so obvious he's being used.

Maybe the actual issue will be better about this. Its just a preview, after all.