Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Really great art at least
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I'm late to the party but it's important ya'll know that I've fallen even deeper for my earthquake boy.

...{A}... is for Alright.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by vegan daddy View Post
    “he prefers • ••[a]•• •“

“he knows stuff. I’m feeling good”

it happening. It’s f****** happening!
    !!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm not thrilled with how they're handling Rictor. First, his recent bout of depression and loss of control of his powers came out of nowhere. Last he had been seen was happy and back together with Shatterstar, who's weirdly MIA. Now it seems like after a mostly offscreen pep talk from Apocalypse he's fine? Scenes like that are not helping with the culty vibes. 'Charismatic leader approaches people in a low point and convinces them that they have the answers to all their problems'. Its just so obvious he's being used.

Maybe the actual issue will be better about this. Its just a preview, after all.
    I'm hoping there'll be flashbacks to how they fixed him.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Though did he actually fix Rictor or turn him into a sleeper agent of some sort for his own ends later on...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm hoping there'll be flashbacks to how they fixed him.
    Eh I'd rather not see page space dedicated to Apoc sprouting quasi therapeutic+sprinklage of mutancy gibberish
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

My major problem with this series is that it jumps. End of issue 1 Betsy’s the new Captain and then beginning of Issue 2 they’re sailing off to England. End of issue 2 they head to Otherworld and Shogo is turned to a dragon. Beginning of issue 3 they’re pretty ok with him being a dragon, Rictor comes with [A] and at the end Wisdom is looking for Betsy. It just jumps and there never seems to be things addressed on panel. I’m actually ok with it just being Betsy going to talk to the queen in this preview after Wisdom has come looking for her. I dunno... to me there doesn’t seem to be a well thought out plot or feels like things are missing.

... {A} ... the Life Coach

Riccy: "Ahmagawd ah've got tremors for days"
    Pocy: "Why are you mad? When you could be glad?"
    Riccy: "You get me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    My major problem with this series is that it jumps. End of issue 1 Betsy’s the new Captain and then beginning of Issue 2 they’re sailing off to England. End of issue 2 they head to Otherworld and Shogo is turned to a dragon. Beginning of issue 3 they’re pretty ok with him being a dragon, Rictor comes with [A] and at the end Wisdom is looking for Betsy. It just jumps and there never seems to be things addressed on panel. I’m actually ok with it just being Betsy going to talk to the queen in this preview after Wisdom has come looking for her. I dunno... to me there doesn’t seem to be a well thought out plot or feels like things are missing.
    Yeah, I'm with ya here. I love this story but it needs a bit more ease in its' flow--#3 improved a bit in that regard though. Maybe it's a matter of Tini prioritising or better 'organising' what and when we need to be shown? Or, maybe even how?

I've got hope for this series, but I still get ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh I'd rather not see page space dedicated to Apoc sprouting quasi therapeutic+sprinklage of mutancy gibberish
    big fat agree. I dont really understand the frustration with this one..we dont necessarily need a scene to tell us what happened, Rictor is obviously in a super vulnerable position and apocalypse reached him in a way no one else could; it isnt exactly a leap for Rictor to feel some weird subgenre of loyalty towards him. Id personally feel insulted if writers felt they had to show us every single character progression, somtimes its more impactful to read between the lines. Also, these are 3-4 pages of preview we cant say for sure it wont be addressed anyways lol

Fantastic Member

Does anyone else want to see -:A:- and Rictor hook up?? I love the art. Is it the right tone for the book? Not convinced. Jubes and Rictor look awesome though. Love Ric’s new look.

Real talk- Does anyone else secretly wish this was being drawn by Alan Davis from the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Those are the best pages

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Does anyone else want to see -:A:- and Rictor hook up??
    No. If he is not getting with Moira i rather him be alone.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Does anyone else want to see -:A:- and Rictor hook up?? I love the art. Is it the right tone for the book? Not convinced. Jubes and Rictor look awesome though. Love Ric’s new look.

Real talk- Does anyone else secretly wish this was being drawn by Alan Davis from the get go?
    Please... Like anyone would hook up with a human vibrator...

Wait...

This issue put Excalibur back on track for me, It isn't perfect book but it has some interesting concepts and it flesh out enough of them in this issue to make me want to see more

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This issue put Excalibur back on track for me, It isn't perfect book but it has some interesting concepts and it flesh out enough of them in this issue to make me want to see more
    This was better but there’s something not working for me. I think it’s just the flow of the book itself. I like the concept of it. I like the lore of Otherworld. I think I’d be more interested if some members were traded out for members of MI:13.