Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This should definitely be voted for as one of the Funniest moments of 2019! So let me point out that you could vote for that indeed! The CBR Forum X-Books awards voting has started, see my signature.

To many unknown faces (except for Shark-Girl). I wish they would at least use the lesser used X-Men/kids as background characters, then these unknown figures.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So far the new mutant culture is just constant raves. Which could be worse.

Seeing people point out Krakoa is about the size of Guam made me do a double take. The nation is practically microscopic! How do they even have enough space to cultivate their drugs? Even with Krakoa providing a lot of their food and resources, they simply can't fit the number of mutants they're shooting for.

Agreed on the X-men disconnect. Given how small the island is, you'd think Arakko showing up would be a big deal. Double the size of your nation! Except it seems like its gone? Or being ignored?

Seeing the weird background mutants just annoys me even more that almost all of the 'main' mutants and mutant leaders are pretty people with superpowers. It really seems like guys like Magneto and Xavier are the outliers, and the mutant norm is 'looks like shark dude'
    Arakko isn't ignored, it is just post-poned. Like it is just a future plot, so nothing gonna happen for a while. A very baffling choice

Maybe pencillers should draw less weird monster mutants. I think it would be better

So far the new mutant culture is just constant raves. Which could be worse.

Seeing people point out Krakoa is about the size of Guam made me do a double take. The nation is practically microscopic! How do they even have enough space to cultivate their drugs? Even with Krakoa providing a lot of their food and resources, they simply can't fit the number of mutants they're shooting for.

Agreed on the X-men disconnect. Given how small the island is, you'd think Arakko showing up would be a big deal. Double the size of your nation! Except it seems like its gone? Or being ignored?

Seeing the weird background mutants just annoys me even more that almost all of the 'main' mutants and mutant leaders are pretty people with superpowers. It really seems like guys like Magneto and Xavier are the outliers, and the mutant norm is 'looks like shark dude'
    Habitats are scattered throughout the world and beyond. We have seen habitats on the Moon, Mars, Savage Land, Himalayas, at the bottom of the ocean ...

We do not know how much area of Krakoa is limited to the two main islands and how much is in the rest of the habitats.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Habitats are scattered throughout the world and beyond. We have seen habitats on the Moon, Mars, Savage Land, Himalayas, at the bottom of the ocean ...

We do not know how much area of Krakoa is limited to the two main islands and how much is in the rest of the habitats.
    Except for Mars, all of those belong to other people. Namor's claiming the ocean floor, the Moon by the Inhumans, the Savage Land is a natural heritage site, and the Himalayas belong to various nations since they're huge. They can't just park settlements there and claim dibs. Namor might let them, but the rest not so much. They're a nation now; they can't just build secret bases in these places without consequences.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They need krakoa to start making some tv's somehow. Or we desperately need the xstatix to start making some mutant programming surely there must be a director somewhere because i'm sorry, after about a month i would be like "I got some netflix shows to catch up on."
    That will be krakoa’s ultimate downfall, when all the new mutants realize there’s no wi-fi!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Arakko isn't ignored, it is just post-poned. Like it is just a future plot, so nothing gonna happen for a while. A very baffling choice...
    According to the map from XM #2:

... access might be... denied? Almost as if it were in... another dimension.

… They can't just park settlements... and claim dibs. … They're a nation now; they can't just build secret bases in these places without consequences.
    Think of them not as settlements or bases, but more of as embassies, officially sanctioned or not, and consequences be damned. There's also nothing secret about them, as they're not hidden, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Arakko isn't ignored, it is just post-poned. Like it is just a future plot, so nothing gonna happen for a while. A very baffling choice

Maybe pencillers should draw less weird monster mutants. I think it would be better
    I don't think that it is all that baffling.

It's not like we know the complete lay of the land there, and it would fit right into what is happening. I'm not even sure that we know whatever they were left to guard came out as a "Win".

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    According to the map from XM #2:

... access might be... denied? Almost as if it were in... another dimension.

Think of them not as settlements or bases, but more of as embassies, officially sanctioned or not, and consequences be damned. There's also nothing secret about them, as they're not hidden, to my knowledge.
    When you're a nation, you can't just DO that and say consequences be damned! That's essentially invasion! The Savage Land one irks me in particular, because its straight up colonization and exploitation of the land and natural resources of the place, which is what 2/3rds of the Savage Land stories are about stopping!

When you're a nation, you can't just DO that and say consequences be damned! That's essentially invasion! The Savage Land one irks me in particular, because its straight up colonization and exploitation of the land and natural resources of the place, which is what 2/3rds of the Savage Land stories are about stopping!
    Zuhhh what?
    Its not colonization...non of the indigenous Savage Landers are being conquered....nor is it exploitation...none of the Savage Landers are being put to work, or having their surroundings changed for the benefit of the mutants. All we have is a buncha mutants picking flowers. I guarantee that the this is okay with the SL who will no doubt benefit from from the from the KraKoan drugs.
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    They should've kept one sigle artist for #3 and #4. But Tabby is always fun.
    Yupp. But Marco Failla is much better than Flaviano so...there's that.

I do think the double-shipping is hurting the artistic production, overall.
    With these six initial books...with readers buying at least four out of the six...they really didn't need to rush to double-ship (and...from HoX 01 to XF 03, it all seems a little rushed).
    Sure you guys want more story, and quickly but it should never be at the expense of quality and consistency.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Boom Boom and Pixie! Perhaps I may give a New Mutants a read after all
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I love that New Mutants is an umbrella title that ensembles all the new, younger Mutants.
    While my first favourites will always be Dani and Co., I do appreciate seeing the others from GenX, Hellions etc. I hope that apart from the ONM out in space, Brisson's NM will be a rotating cast similar to X-Men.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Pixie was already getting lit with Dazzler and Northstar in 2009.

I’m not sure what age Pixie is meant to be at this point but she’s probably drank alcohol before. Megan is Welsh, raised there, and the legal drinking age there is 18 (although most people start drinking earlier, particularly in rural regions which Aberystwyth is). She’d have to adhere to the law of being 21 in America but I doubt even this would’ve been her first time with alcohol.

I'm glad Krakoa/Krakoans do not have to adhere to any of the societal rules and regulations of the other world nations.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’m not sure what age Pixie is meant to be at this point but she’s probably drank alcohol before. Megan is Welsh, raised there, and the legal drinking age there is 18 (although most people start drinking earlier, particularly in rural regions which Aberystwyth is). She’d have to adhere to the law of being 21 in America but I doubt even this would’ve been her first time with alcohol.
    Could be worse, could be Wrexham.