Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    --Ok, first; the reasoning for Krakoa in general is totally justifiable, but the means of getting there are what's dissatisfying some readers including myself. Criticism does not equal blanket hatred of a concept, but the execution of such is fair game.

Also. I didn't mention anything about mutants massacring humans. You're the one twisting words here.

I merely pointed out that because a strain of humans were still living alongside mutants, that means that they didn't inherit anything. It doesn't matter if the evolution of said sister species was of their own doing or by technological means, the fact that they still survive means that they didn't go extinct and still have stake to the land they live on. Additionally, there's no evidence to say that humans will go extinct at all regardless of what Moira's seen; mutants are still humans, humans still give birth to mutants and vice versa--both are a species with reproductive viability and possibility of the other.

Ergo, mutants have no more 'right' to the planet than any majority has over a minority's land and space; the touting of such is an ideological fallacy is what I'm saying.
    Ok, first, read the reply I’m quoting to. I was talking to another user who brought up Human Genocide.

The homo novissima are as much humans as the homo superior are. They are both strains of humanity, only one is born from natural response to the environment. Also, we do have evidence. It’s right there on the page I posted. “Humanity will reach a natural evolutionary dead end within two to four generations.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Ok, first, read the reply I’m quoting to. I was talking to another user who brought up Human Genocide.

The homo novissima are as much humans as the homo superior are. They are both strains of humanity, only one is born from natural response to the environment. Also, we do have evidence. It’s right there on the page I posted. “Humanity will reach a natural evolutionary dead end within two to four generations.”
    And yet, an evolutionary dead-end does not equal extinction, natural or otherwise.

Look at the crocodile: it's remained largely unchanged over a long stretch of time and yet, here it is, still here. The same logic can be applied to humans; just because they won't further evolve along their own strain doesn't mean they'll automatically be bred out altogether.

Evolutionary end implies the births of mutants will gradually increase, whether that’s from humans and mutants only is something neither of us know. All we know is sometime between 100 to 1000 years, humans no longer exist.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The Savage Land doesn't have a government. They can't negotiate trade deals or anything. Its been designated a natural history landmark as a way to protect it.
    Hmmmm then exactly who negotiated this protected status? This sounds like some enlightened foreigners coming in and telling the primitives what they can and can't do with their land lol
    Its basically a wild prehistoric island with a few competing tribes of various species.
    Well it's like the Jurassic Park problem... people have already interfered in the SL that sh!t ain't natural
    If Sunspot negotiated with some specific people, fine. That would still violate the natural landmark dedication, because nobody is supposed to interfere of go to the SL.
    lol so basically the all agency is taken from the "precious native tribes" lol
    And colonizing groups often negotiated with specific tribes in places they went too, pitting the groups against each other for their own benefit. No evidence that is happening here though.
    So why bring it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    And yet, an evolutionary dead-end does not equal extinction, natural or otherwise.

just because they won't further evolve along their own strain doesn't mean they'll automatically be bred out altogether.
    it does if their offspring are something else
    GrindrStone(D)

That's possible. But it would need some input from the tribes living there. Plus they could just give them an uninhabited island. Why the protected (and highly dangerous) SL?
    Farming in the Savage Land just adds flavour hahaha

BANNED

Evolutionary end implies the births of mutants will gradually increase, whether that’s from humans and mutants only is something neither of us know. All we know is sometime between 100 to 1000 years, humans no longer exist.
    I'm sorry, I still don't think that's something set in stone nor possible narratively speaking, especially considering that it's totally possible for two mutants to have a human child.

Remember when Cyclops had gone into Savage Land to poach dinosaurs for fun?

Growing flowers seems pretty harmless in comparison. Although Ch'od may disagree.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just the cover and 2 pages? That's stingy.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    So Armor's team was missing for 3 days and no one thought to check on them ?

Welcome to the X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I think you are misunderstanding it . The mutants only born form humans because they carrie latent X-genes that come from former mutants that had a human ofspring in the past and diseminated that genes. Now that mutants and humans will be separated there wont be more mutants giving latent X-genes to the humanity and once that all lantent mutant linages are active the the birth of mutants from humans should be zero.

That is why the children of the Vault exist, a bunch of humans without any trace of X-gene evolved in their own without the apparition of any mutants.

The fact that the X-gene is so diseminated through the world is partly thanks to the manipulations of Sinister . for example he saved a mutant ancestor of Magik and colossus in hopes that he would produce powerful mutant ofspring in the future , while his children were human the X-gene pased to their descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding it . The mutants only born form humans because they carrie latent X-genes that come from former mutants that had a human ofspring in the past and diseminated that genes. Now that mutants and humans will be separated there wont be more mutants giving latent X-genes to the humanity and once that all lantent mutant linages are active the the birth of mutants from humans should be zero.
    Huh? You must be thinking of the inhumans. The X-Gene is random. You don't have to have a mutant ancestor to possess it
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Huh? You must be thinking of the inhumans. The X-Gene is random. You don't have to have a mutant ancestor to possess it
    No the proto X-gene was introduced by the Celestials thousands of years ago. The kree manipulated that gene in some early humans to create the Inhumans, yes. But the mutatns follow the same rules. The canon origin of the X-gene is a latent gene in some humans, so its not random.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Remember when Cyclops had gone into Savage Land to poach dinosaurs for fun?

Growing flowers seems pretty harmless in comparison. Although Ch'od may disagree.
    Agreed.

And this cutie needs a mini.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No the proto X-gene was introduced by the Celestials thousands of years ago. The kree manipulated that gene in some early humans to create the Inhumans, yes. But the mutatns follow the same rules. The canon origin of the X-gene is a latent gene in some humans, so its not random.
    It IS random. Whether a person is born with an X-gene is entirely a crapshoot. There is never a gaurantee although children of mutant parents are far more likely to have one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It IS random. Whether a person is born with an X-gene is entirely a crapshoot. There is never a gaurantee although children of mutant parents are far more likely to have one
    Is a gene. Nothing in biology is never random. Has ever been said that both parents screening their DNA , didnt saw any lantent X-gene and had a mutant child?

Because otherwise the continuity ( and common sense about genetics) say that is a lantent gene introduced by the Celestials, so its not random.

BANNED

Is a gene. Nothing in biology is never random. Has ever been said that both parents screening their DNA , didnt saw any lantent X-gene and had a mutant child?

Because otherwise the continuity ( and common sense about genetics) say that is a lantent gene introduced by the Celestials, so its not random.
    I don't think that's entirely true? I mean, isn't that the point of mutation? A random expression of something that happens to fit an environment? Or, even concerning genes, what level of throw-back any of us exhibit in regards to our own lineages?