Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    god why can't this be a book
    Because we didn’t properly praise Sam Wilson: Captain America when we had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I'm not sure that's how that works; morally if nothing else. If anything, how you phrase that rings eerily true to colonial attitudes of the past?
    They inherit the Earth and all that’s on it. What else would it mean? Also, ‘Manifest Destiny’ never hinged on evolutionary inevitability but instead religion-based destiny that also trampled over Indigenous tribes. Krakoa’s a power fantasy for oppressed groups, not something for the oppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They would later explain that they did not beat the cop because they hate humans, but because they hate cops.
    Next time on the Bombastic Boomer: Boom-Boom and Kid Omega break into the Myrmidon to beat the sh!t out of the Americops!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Double postage
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 12-15-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Triple Waffle

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post

She looks incredible and hell yes Dazzler was once a sex worker. Bitch is the realest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They inherit the Earth and all that’s on it. What else would it mean? Also, ‘Manifest Destiny’ never hinged on evolutionary inevitability but instead religion-based destiny that also trampled over Indigenous tribes. Krakoa’s a power fantasy for oppressed groups, not something for the oppressors.
    --Except that we know that's not necessarily true; even a thousand and so years down the line, humans are still present alongside mutants. They haven't 'inherited' anything yet because the sister-species is still present.

--Additionally, that still doesn't sound so dissimilar from the attitudes behind manifest destiny, regardless of how you justify out of narrative; whether it's based on religion or a sense of genetic superiority, the ideology appears similar; that one group has a right to do what they will with a space, ecologically or otherwise, based on the fact that they are either the 'worthy' or 'inevitable inheritors.'

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    --Except that we know that's not necessarily true; even a thousand and so years down the line, humans are still present alongside mutants. They haven't 'inherited' anything yet because the sister-species is still present.

--Additionally, that still doesn't sound so dissimilar from the attitudes behind manifest destiny, regardless of how you justify out of narrative; whether it's based on religion or a sense of genetic superiority, the ideology appears similar; that one group has a right to do what they will with a space, ecologically or otherwise, based on the fact that they are either the 'worthy' or 'inevitable inheritors.'
    Huh? There were no humans left in X3.

If you’re getting hooked up on the words rather than the actuality of the situation, you’ll never see it as anything other than the comparisons you’re making.

BANNED

Huh? There were no humans left in X3.

If you’re getting hooked up on the words rather than the actuality of the situation, you’ll never see it as anything other than the comparisons you’re making.
    No, but there was another sister race that domains the earth in X3 .I mean the assumption that mutants are the definitive race is just the complex of Magneto and Xavier. Even if the mutants get rid the humans the moloids, the Atlanteans, the fae ( unless Apocalypse exterminate this last ones with his plan of conquer Otherworld) and many other sentient races would still exist in the Earth.

Acting as the owners of the earth is a bit prideful. Unless they plan to get rid of anything that isn’t mutant ( which seems the plan of Apocalypse as he refers the infection of Otherworld as a ”cleansing flame” , that sounds like ethnic elimination)

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its not obvious they have permission. There's no indication that they have permission from anyone. Do you not know how national heritage sites are supposed to work? Its supposed to be a protected ecosystem. People who aren't native to the island are not supposed to even visit, let alone build structures and bring in new plant species. The Krakoa flowers were obviously new. It doesn't matter what, specifically, was in that spot where they built the farm. Building anything on that island is bad. Bringing in potentially invasive species to the place is worse.

I used colonization because its people from outside of the island coming in and seizing part of the land for their own needs. It doesn't matter if they're doing it 'for their own good' of the local tribes.

"Over 100 nations have accepted a trade deal with KraKoa" As you can see the Savage Land is not among the countries who reject the mutant nation. HENCE! The Savage Land obviously sees the benefits of the flowers and has a need for them. And since its a trade deal theres a huge implication that the Savage Land is giving something in exchange for the drugs. I'd say giving up a few parcels of land is an adequate exchange for miracle drugs.
    Pyro and Boom-Boom go on a stealing spree in a mall, get caught and go to the holding cell before using that line, blowing up the mini-jail, and beating up the mall cop. Storm's more than disappointed of course.
    .....I sincerely doubt the blonde bobsy buddies would be put in a holding cell
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    And the Savage Land sucks. It's full of dinosaurs and strange people whose only purpose is being kidnapped by the High Evolutionary. I'm pretty sure Hickman didn't put too much thought into the possible invasion of their land by Krakoans.

Didn't Sunspot have the Zebra people from the Savage Land as friends? They probably sold them some estate (it appeared from HoX 1 that Xavier or some X-Men possesed the places on Earth that were turned into biomes, such as the Gerusalem one)
    lol right?? Like who exactly owns the land the mutants are planting on? with all the $$$ KraKoa is raking in I doubt it would be that big of deal to write some checks
    Please dont provoke them....I dont think they understand the derisive nature of your posts
    GrindrStone(D)

The Savage Land doesn't have a government. They can't negotiate trade deals or anything. Its been designated a natural history landmark as a way to protect it. Its basically a wild prehistoric island with a few competing tribes of various species.

If Sunspot negotiated with some specific people, fine. That would still violate the natural landmark dedication, because nobody is supposed to interfere of go to the SL. And colonizing groups often negotiated with specific tribes in places they went too, pitting the groups against each other for their own benefit. No evidence that is happening here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    When & where was this shown?
    They have a structure and farm on the Savage Land, which is supposed to be protected. Outsiders are not even supposed to go there at all, let alone negotiate land deals. Given that we haven't had any indication that they bought the land or anything, I assumed they just went there and built on it without asking anyone. Its entirely possible I'm wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The Savage Land doesn't have a government. They can't negotiate trade deals or anything. Its been designated a natural history landmark as a way to protect it. Its basically a wild prehistoric island with a few competing tribes of various species.

If Sunspot negotiated with some specific people, fine. That would still violate the natural landmark dedication, because nobody is supposed to interfere of go to the SL. And colonizing groups often negotiated with specific tribes in places they went too, pitting the groups against each other for their own benefit. No evidence that is happening here though.
    Maybe getting a land to grow the flowers was part of the UN deal, since it's in the interest of the nations to give them a place to manifacture the drugs. They probaboy tweaked the SL designation for that.

That's possible. But it would need some input from the tribes living there. Plus they could just give them an uninhabited island. Why the protected (and highly dangerous) SL?

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The cover previews should have spoiled that this filler was a two-parter.
    I think it’s kinda sad really, that Hickman is the filler.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    .....I sincerely doubt the blonde bobsy buddies would be put in a holding cell
    Aren’t they well-known mutants? I’m sure there’ll be authority lining up to imprison them.

Please dont provoke them....I dont think they understand the derisive nature of your posts
    If the real reason for Krakoa’s existence is bothersome, they need to reread HOXPOX pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    No, but there was another sister race that domains the earth in X3 .I mean the assumption that mutants are the definitive race is just the complex of Magneto and Xavier. Even if the mutants get rid the humans the moloids, the Atlanteans, the fae ( unless Apocalypse exterminate this last ones with his plan of conquer Otherworld) and many other sentient races would still exist in the Earth.

Acting as the owners of the earth is a bit prideful. Unless they plan to get rid of anything that isn’t mutant ( which seems the plan of Apocalypse as he refers the infection of Otherworld as a ”cleansing flame” , that sounds like ethnic elimination)
    No one brought up Mutants going around and murdering other sentient life. Humans eventually die out through natural means and give way to Mutants. The “assumption” is the canon we’ve been presented with:

But please, keep on twisting my words into “Mutants Commit Human Genocide.”

BANNED

If the real reason for Krakoa’s existence is bothersome, they need to reread HOXPOX pronto.

No one brought up Mutants going around and murdering other sentient life. Humans eventually die out through natural means and give way to Mutants. The “assumption” is the canon we’ve been presented with

But please, keep on twisting my words into “Mutants Commit Human Genocide.”
    --Ok, first; the reasoning for Krakoa in general is totally justifiable, but the means of getting there are what's dissatisfying some readers including myself. Criticism does not equal blanket hatred of a concept, but the execution of such is fair game.

Also. I didn't mention anything about mutants massacring humans. You're the one twisting words here.

I merely pointed out that because a strain of humans were still living alongside mutants, that means that they didn't inherit anything. It doesn't matter if the evolution of said sister species was of their own doing or by technological means, the fact that they still survive means that they didn't go extinct and still have stake to the land they live on. Additionally, there's no evidence to say that humans will go extinct at all regardless of what Moira's seen; mutants are still humans, humans still give birth to mutants and vice versa--both are a species with reproductive viability and possibility of the other.

Ergo, mutants have no more 'right' to the planet than any majority has over a minority's land and space; the touting of such is an ideological fallacy is what I'm saying.