Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

I actually thought Jean did quite well here, and mostly I think she was reminding them not to underestimate this enemy who knows Krakoa better than it seems. This enemy that was able to manipulate their defences and gain entry to an island of highly powered mutants to complete an assassination mission.

I loved one other silly thing, I love how Emma and Mystique sit in their chairs. They look like the only lesbians at a meeting of straight people.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Can't wait for Captain Kate to join the discussions.
    Its pretty hard for Kate to join the meetings when she can't access a gate. They proably have a gate on the boat where Storm can easily go there as well as the others are just a portal away. Kate would literally have to take the boat there everytime. I think they should show that Emma is secretly linking her to the meetings or openly, just that she is at least looped in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Its pretty hard for Kate to join the meetings when she can't access a gate. They proably have a gate on the boat where Storm can easily go there as well as the others are just a portal away. Kate would literally have to take the boat there everytime. I think they should show that Emma is secretly linking her to the meetings or openly, just that she is at least looped in.
    We just saw Gateway used last week when Cyclops couldnt access the gate. Kitty has means to get there. She's currently busy which explains it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I loved the telepathic meeting rooms and I do miss them. I can't even recall the last time they were used. They really have no excuse with all the telepaths on the council.
    Its so frustrating how unimaginative recent writers have been with psychic powers. I honestly expected better from Hickman then LOLZ Rachel can you google translate what iz saying1010

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Its so frustrating how unimaginative recent writers have been with psychic powers. I honestly expected better from Hickman then LOLZ Rachel can you google translate what iz saying1010
    Oh I completely agree. There are so many interesting things (not to mention visuals) when it comes to psychic powers. I expected more as well. Telepaths shouldn't just "zap" people with psychic lightning bolts. It should be so much more. I think back to Xavier's psychic meeting rooms in New X-men and Astonishing X-men or Frank Quitely's rendering of Jean entering Xavier's mind in the silent issue. I hope Hickman ups his game in the Giant Sized Jean and Emma issue.

As for X-force I hope they do right by both Jean and Quire when it comes to their telepathy.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I loved the telepathic meeting rooms and I do miss them. I can't even recall the last time they were used. They really have no excuse with all the telepaths on the council.
    Unit showed them how easily biologically based telepathy could be manipulated, and paranoid Scott Summers insisted on face-to-face meetings ever since.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We just saw Gateway used last week when Cyclops couldnt access the gate. Kitty has means to get there. She's currently busy which explains it
    But Cylcops traveled all the way to the outback using a working gate and then had Gateway transport them to an area where there was a non working gateway.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Oh I completely agree. There are so many interesting things (not to mention visuals) when it comes to psychic powers. I expected more as well. Telepaths shouldn't just "zap" people with psychic lightning bolts. It should be so much more. I think back to Xavier's psychic meeting rooms in New X-men and Astonishing X-men or Frank Quitely's rendering of Jean entering Xavier's mind in the silent issue. I hope Hickman ups his game in the Giant Sized Jean and Emma issue.

As for X-force I hope they do right by both Jean and Quire when it comes to their telepathy.
    I always wanted to see telepathy used like Genjitsu in naruto. Well since Naruto came out i wanted it to be portrayed like that. It would be so epic.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It's probably an editorial mandate that psychics get nerfed. It must be frustrating for writers to think up unique and fun powers only for their new characters to get bulldozed because "nyrrrrrr, psychic controls your body!" I'd get annoyed.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Mike Carey was the king of inventive use of telepathy. Literally better then the best.

I hate QQ psychic bazookas and guns and **** Jason Aaron is a terrible writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It's probably an editorial mandate that psychics get nerfed. It must be frustrating for writers to think up unique and fun powers only for their new characters to get bulldozed because "nyrrrrrr, psychic controls your body!" I'd get annoyed.
    But psychics aren't the end all. Like in Sina's Iceman Sinister couldn't read iceman's thoughts because he found a way to block out telepathy. Then you have people like Storm where on a few occassions Xavier had to tell her to relax because her powers and the electricity flowing in her makes it hard to read her under pleasant circumstances. It more comes off like a lack of imagination.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But Cylcops traveled all the way to the outback using a working gate and then had Gateway transport them to an area where there was a non working gateway.
    So? I dont see the issue and why that would prevent Kitty from being able to use him. He's not the only option. Pixie also exists. Kitty is on a mission and that will play out in the next issue of Maraurders

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So? I dont see the issue and why that would prevent Kitty from being able to use him. He's not the only option. Pixie also exists. Kitty is on a mission and that will play out in the next issue of Maraurders
    Pixie is watching the fields and partying drunk. And kitty already let it be known in Marauders she doesn't want a teleporting taxi. That's why. It was spelled out in the book. Also she would need Emma to continously telepathically send teleporters to get her. I would love to see Kate at the meetings too but she set up what she doesn't want to do very early on panel.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just give me an X-book taking place only during council meeting.

Yeah im surprised they dont have a quiet council book

id read the fuh outta that