Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Nothing weird about it. I loved playing in cemeteries as a kid. Granted most of the times it was my families cemetery, but I don’t think it is uncommon to visit or break at one. They are quiet, peaceful, exactly types of places for a quick rest imo. I guess it’s uncommon to some considering the reactions here. Some of you may want to try it.

My brother and I would pretty much play the same game Jean described...looking over the tombstones and at the dates .
    I think what Jean was trying to explain(rhetorically) that her family has been through life and death quite a no of times therefore she has learned the fact that "death wasn't something to fear".

BANNED

Skipping tombstones is an American pastime.

Nothing weird about it. I loved playing in cemeteries as a kid. Granted most of the times it was my families cemetery, but I don’t think it is uncommon to visit or break at one. They are quiet, peaceful, exactly types of places for a quick rest imo. I guess it’s uncommon to some considering the reactions here. Some of you may want to try it.

My brother and I would pretty much play the same game Jean described...looking over the tombstones and at the dates .
    Cemeteries have a list of rules. I've never heard of cemeteries accommodating that sort of behaviour especially running around playing games.

A women her was fined for having her dog run free around the cemetery.

And looking it up it seems like it was something accomodated when picnic facilities did not exist and thats decades ago. It seems to have been phased out and is now seen as very disrespectful

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Its pretty hard for Kate to join the meetings when she can't access a gate. They proably have a gate on the boat where Storm can easily go there as well as the others are just a portal away. Kate would literally have to take the boat there everytime. I think they should show that Emma is secretly linking her to the meetings or openly, just that she is at least looped in.
    She can't move around via the gates but she can move around freely when she's on Krakoa (it will probably just take longer to get to where she wants to go)...so she should be able to be present at meetings once the Marauders are on-Island. She could air-walk or have storm fly her there.
    But yes...it would be cool to see Emma psi-linked with her (as we saw in Marauders issue 01) at Council meetings if she can't be physically present.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cemeteries have a list of rules. I've never heard of cemeteries accommodating that sort of behaviour especially running around playing games.

A women her was fined for having her dog run free around the cemetery.

And looking it up it seems like it was something accomodated when picnic facilities did not exist and thats decades ago. It seems to have been phased out and is now seen as very disrespectful
    Depends where you are in the world I guess. I grew up in rural Appalachia and even in present days most cemeteries I’m familiar with do not have rules posted or locked gates. I expect Jean is referencing rural grave yards. I expect Percy came up with this from his own experience. It excited me when I read this because this was part of my childhood as well.

Depends where you are in the world I guess. I grew up in rural Appalachia and even in present days most cemeteries I’m familiar with do not have rules posted or locked gates. I expect Jean is referencing rural grave yards. I expect Percy came up with this from his own experience. It excited me when I read this because this was part of my childhood as well.
    Professor John and Elaine Grey are like as suburbian as they come.

Professor John and Elaine Grey are like as suburbian as they come.
    But they be traveling through rural areas which is the point you are missing. Perhaps one of them grew up in a rural area as many of us have. Just a thought.

BANNED

Elaine Grey definitely read like she could have been born in the sticks.

But they be traveling through rural areas which is the point you are missing. Perhaps one of them grew up in a rural area as many of us have. Just a thought.
    Well she mentioned Niagra Falls and Acadia National park, when they went on holidays. Not something she grew up with in her own rural village.

It makes things even weirder that they're doing this at random cemeteries not at family ones, she's like Cheryl Blossom here
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-13-2019 at 09:17 AM.

Well she mentioned Niagra Falls and Acadia National park, when they went on holidays. Not something she grew up with in her own rural village.

It makes things even weirder that they're doing this at random cemeteries not at family ones, she's like Cheryl Blossom here
    Yes but you travel through rural places to get to destinations. Here is the thing with norms, something that appears normal to me may not seem normal to you. Playing in cemeteries seem natural to me since it was a big part of my childhood but to those without that experience it apparently seems like a wild or inappropriate thing to do.

Spectacular Member

The fact that something it’s not normal for you doesn’t make it abnormal. The world is a big place full of diversity. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The fact that something it’s not normal for you doesn’t make it abnormal. The world is a big place full of diversity. End of story.
    I was just about to post something very similar to this.
    I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to grasp.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    I think what Jean was trying to explain(rhetorically) that her family has been through life and death quite a no of times therefore she has learned the fact that "death wasn't something to fear".
    my problem isnt with the story at all, love a weird anecdote. But narratively her sharing this made no sense to the point where it fell comically flat...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-14-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    my problem isnt with the story at all, love a weird anecdote. But narratively her sharing this made no sense to the point where it fell comically flat...
    I read it...and I can definitely understand where she's coming from...in the context in which it was stated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I like it. It’s the kind of dramatic monologue you get in older comics. I think modern comics are missing that theatrical camp factor.