Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 267
  1. #226
    Fantastic Member DAHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    350

    Default

    Is it just me or the art isn't as good as in the previous issues?

  2. #227
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well she mentioned Niagra Falls and Acadia National park, when they went on holidays. Not something she grew up with in her own rural village.

    It makes things even weirder that they're doing this at random cemeteries not at family ones, she's like Cheryl Blossom here
    OMG the Grey family is a bunch of weirdos like the Blossoms on Riverdale, I love it.

  3. #228
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Hey now. I can hit on BroHomo by myself. Im grown.

    @BH please keep breastfeeding me.
    Ufff!!! eFFin love this
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes but you travel through rural places to get to destinations. Here is the thing with norms, something that appears normal to me may not seem normal to you. Playing in cemeteries seem natural to me since it was a big part of my childhood but to those without that experience it apparently seems like a wild or inappropriate thing to do.
    lol yeah I didn't think it was crazy or unthinkable. I know lots of people who continue to visit cemeteries like when they were kids
    GrindrStone(D)

  4. #229
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop_ View Post
    I think what Jean was trying to explain(rhetorically) that her family has been through life and death quite a no of times therefore she has learned the fact that "death wasn't something to fear".
    I don’t think that was it at all. Her family would hang out and bond in cemeteries. This had the effect of demystifying death for her and making it something with which she was able to come to terms.

    Anyway, I loved it and think it’s 100% on point. Fear of our own mortality makes us selfish. It’s instinctual. Take that fear away, and priorities will change. Instincts will change.

    And also, playing in cemeteries is nothing new or out of the ordinary. It’s not that weird except maybe napping on someone’s grave.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 12-13-2019 at 12:55 PM.

  5. #230
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I like it. It’s the kind of dramatic monologue you get in older comics. I think modern comics are missing that theatrical camp factor.
    I agree with this. I liked it as well. Reminds me of the old Wolverine comics where you got a lot of dramatic monologue, much of it internal.

  6. #231
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The fact that something it’s not normal for you doesn’t make it abnormal. The world is a big place full of diversity. End of story.
    Digging up graves is also considered abnormal, just because it happens does not make it normal. Its unusual, something that was considered normal in the past due to the lack of facilities for pinics and also from what I can find the high mortality rates.

    Its now widely considered unusual to the point of being frowned upon. And there are even rules set in place. And there are even stricter rules it seems with PokemonGo

    Even from the reactions in this thread it seems the general condensus is that its unusual. The only reason I even brought it up in this thread was because its something that only one person brought up and it was ignored. Which I thought was unusual in itself.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-13-2019 at 01:15 PM.

  7. #232
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Too smart of an idea. But now that mutants are citizens of Krakoa if i were running a state or country it would be the first thing i commissioned.
    I'm down for Hickman to strategize around them! Higher stakes in the new world plus they'd be such an objective side story! There should be radical human allies of mutants that like are causing their own hell in sovereign states by trying to blow up the towers on behalf of mutantkind! I'd love to see the 'Race traitors' that each government has a list of the leaders of Human Pro Mutant regimes they consider as Conspiratorial Terrrorists.

  8. #233
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    Comparing what Jean and her sister did to digging up graves is quite the reach. I know a number of people who played the exact game Jean did when they were younger. A number of people have actually said the opposite of what you've been saying.

  9. #234
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Comparing what Jean and her sister did to digging up graves is quite the reach. I know a number of people who played the exact game Jean did when they were younger. A number of people have actually said the opposite of what you've been saying.
    I used it as an example of it being a abnormal behaviour. I was not calling them grave diggers. A more apt example is probably loiterers at grave sites or people who play pokemon go at grave sites. Social norms change and this seemed to have been changed once mortality rates improved and better recreational facilities put in place.

    We're not just talking about Jean and her sister who are kids we're talking about the parents who found a large tombstone to nap by/on

    Napping in cemeteries is now usually associated with people who are in hard times
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.

  10. #235
    Fantastic Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Jean did nothing wrong

  11. #236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Umm no, Xavier already explained that he was going to have a team of telepaths download minds 24/7 in shells. Its not something complex it's just taxing. And Xavier has been doing all the downloading himself since thee inception. Jean did 1 Xavier did 5 in a few seconds.

    You're reading too much into nothing.

    The rest of the council telepathy could easily do this. And I bet you these telepaths who get this job will be the Cuckoo's
    I look at it this way... anyone can write up the code for a new maker game (like mario maker) but some people have done so and others have not... if you were going to give it a try i am sure you would rather the person who had don it not just in thoery MIGHT be able too
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

  12. #237
    Fantastic Member houndsofluv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I like it. It’s the kind of dramatic monologue you get in older comics. I think modern comics are missing that theatrical camp factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree with this. I liked it as well. Reminds me of the old Wolverine comics where you got a lot of dramatic monologue, much of it internal.
    you know what that’s fair. if I got a chuckle out of it intentionally or not it did sumn right

    Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Is it just me or the art isn't as good as in the previous issues?
    huh i thought almost the opposite; cassara’s somehow managing to keep up the kickass art despite the crazy shopping schedule

  13. #238
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I don’t think that was it at all. Her family would hang out and bond in cemeteries. This had the effect of demystifying death for her and making it something with which she was able to come to terms.

    Anyway, I loved it and think it’s 100% on point. Fear of our own mortality makes us selfish. It’s instinctual. Take that fear away, and priorities will change. Instincts will change.

    And also, playing in cemeteries is nothing new or out of the ordinary. It’s not that weird except maybe napping on someone’s grave.
    I don't think hanging out in the graveyard is a healthy decision for them lol. But let's agree to disagree, either way I am liking the way Percy is writing Jean.

  14. #239
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Digging up graves is also considered abnormal, just because it happens does not make it normal. Its unusual, something that was considered normal in the past due to the lack of facilities for pinics and also from what I can find the high mortality rates.

    Its now widely considered unusual to the point of being frowned upon. And there are even rules set in place. And there are even stricter rules it seems with PokemonGo

    Even from the reactions in this threadit seems the general condensus is that its unusual. The only reason I even brought it up in this thread was because its something that only one person brought up and it was ignored. Which I thought was unusual in itself.
    Whaaaat? White Girls loooove graveyards...at least down here in the South they do. Jean Grey totally is line with our reality
    GrindrStone(D)

  15. #240
    Fantastic Member GeneTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Philly.
    Posts
    386

    Default

    I love the way Cassara draws Jean's mask with the contours of her face.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •