Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    May I ask would it be picnicking with loved who you are related to? Or going travelling across the country and stopping at random gravestones to chill?
    Loved ones. But in the Greys defense, Americans used to be crazy about picnics at the graveyard. It was an every Sunday event. Maybe the Greys were just historical enthusiasts?
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Loved ones. But in the Greys defense, Americans used to be crazy about picnics at the graveyard. It was an every Sunday event. Maybe the Greys were just historical enthusiasts?
    Errrr
    This just proves Jean Grey is WASPy AF
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

As if we needed more proof of that.

IS X-Corp, Krokoa's X-Men Army? Who will lead them? I would like to see Exodus as their general and perhaps Sunfire, Synch, and Mimic as officers.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errrr
    This just proves Jean Grey is WASPy AF
    You keep feeding tuck frump like this and one day he'll be big enough to eat you.

BANNED

I think Jean was trying to convey(rhetorically) that her family has been through life and death so many times b4 that she has learned the fact that "death wasn't something to fear".

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Loved Mystique's sarcasm here. God her solo series is such a gem.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Mystique's line doesn't really work for me, didn't she act as a spy for Xavier for a brief time.
    It's called sarcasm mate
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    The whole point of introducing the resurrection according to Hickman was to explore what "high stakes" means when death is off the table. In my mind, xavier's death here was supposed to prove that the possibility of death isnt as high stakes as it used to be which should pave the way for more inventive storytelling going forwards
    That might be the plan, but at the moment its not working for me. There isn't anything about the stories that feels inventive or original enough to overcome the lack of stakes the resurrections cause. nobody can get sick because of the medicine, and dying doesn't matter. Since it still is at least partially a superhero comic, a lot of conflicts still involve action scenes. The cloning means the only action scenes that have any weight are the ones where a third party or person is at risk, like Shogo in Excalibur. The other conflicts haven't really felt that serious, and have been a bit contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That might be the plan, but at the moment its not working for me. There isn't anything about the stories that feels inventive or original enough to overcome the lack of stakes the resurrections cause. nobody can get sick because of the medicine, and dying doesn't matter. Since it still is at least partially a superhero comic, a lot of conflicts still involve action scenes. The cloning means the only action scenes that have any weight are the ones where a third party or person is at risk, like Shogo in Excalibur. The other conflicts haven't really felt that serious, and have been a bit contrived.
    The medicine has nothing to do with mutant sickness. Nothing about it could stop something like the Legacy Virus. Dying never mattered, Hickman only created an in-universe reason for it so writers can do something else besides use it in place of a good story. We already see the new world being explored in titles like Marauders and Excalibur or character-introspective stories like Fallen Angels or exploration-based adventure storytelling in New Mutants. X-amen has already introduced new threats for the X-Men to face, but why do they need to be world-shattering? It’s grandiose storytelling right after HOXPOX. We just established the new status quo so we shouldn’t have events surrounding Krakoa being on the brink of utter collapse in every title.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Mutants are in a super solid spot right now. This is their camelot, their Avalon, their paradise. The story isn't us watching it come together, it's about watching it slowly fall apart. We know what's coming, we just don't know what form it'll take. To me, this is more like the books of the Similarion, with adventure and friendship and love in the beginning, until a giant spider eats all the light in the world, and then it's a horror of betrayal, mortality, and monsters, until the gods say 'F*** it,' and sink a whole continent to quell the infection.

We are currently pre-spider with defenses holding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    You keep feeding tuck frump like this and one day he'll be big enough to eat you.
    Hey now. I can hit on BroHomo by myself. Im grown.

@BH please keep breastfeeding me.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So Exodus is too overpowered, no wonder he is mostly on Limbo.
    It's because he's enhanced by Apocalypse. hence why he has all these abilities and they are maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Rachel got destroyed by Exodus in the TP battle they had in that issue. At least it wasn't Mesmero. #poorRach. Why do they use her to showcase villains.
    She held her own for a bit, but for her power and skill Exodus is enhanced by Celestial tech so she was outmatched. As her in general, she must lose the villain needs to feel like a threat. The writers always say how powerful she is, but never show it on panel and then she gets owned by the villain dujour. Which then makes her not a threat, because she gets owned so much. She's a threat/villain prop for the X-Office.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

We're in issue #4 now, can we finally have Mr. Peacock and his cult get names?

Love the new Domino look, hope they keep it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think it added anything, even if the writer wanted to make it seem that Jean and the Grey family play loosely with death.

However, it was something that I really did not need to know about.
    Nothing weird about it. I loved playing in cemeteries as a kid. Granted most of the times it was my families cemetery, but I don’t think it is uncommon to visit or break at one. They are quiet, peaceful, exactly types of places for a quick rest imo. I guess it’s uncommon to some considering the reactions here. Some of you may want to try it.

My brother and I would pretty much play the same game Jean described...looking over the tombstones and at the dates .