Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I mean, I was responding to a post assuming all telepaths could be taken down with one hit. Its clearly a discussion about hypothetical situations.

The Reavers had no power dampening tech with them, only guns and anti tp implants. So Emma diamond form, Exodus and Sinister would have survived. Beast took one of the attackers down by himself, they were not particularly formidable.
    ok so your talking about the specific situation that happened. okay i get it. I was more talking about if Humans discover telepathy is needed for the backups. I don't think it would be that hard to do a mass assassination of telepaths if that is specifically what they are going for and i doubt they would even care since they aren't even losing lives using factory made soldiers. Shaw is suppose to be smarter than not thinking ahead.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Emma has done complex telepathic tasks and procedures in the past and she's on par with Xavier as far as power levels. And I don't see how power (and thus the Omega Level thing) come into play in this. It's about the skills and knowing how to do it, it's not like creating a telepathic communication channel from Earth to the Moon, that's the kind of thing that maybe Emma or Xavier couldn't do while Jean could being Omega. If it requires this gigantic amount of power that required an Omega then how could Xavier do that?
    magneto and Beast were counting only on Jean and not other TP to do this. Jean didn't even put the helmet on her head

I wouldn't say that. Emma has done complex telepathic tasks and procedures in the past and she's on par with Xavier as far as power levels. And I don't see how power (and thus the Omega Level thing) come into play in this. It's about the skills and knowing how to do it, it's not like creating a telepathic communication channel from Earth to the Moon, that's the kind of thing that maybe Emma or Xavier couldn't do while Jean could being Omega. If it requires this gigantic amount of power that required an Omega then how could Xavier do that?
    The book makes it sound like Jean is the only hope. So it makes me think there is something needed. I never felt Emma was at Xavier level, i personally think Xavier in what looks like a younger body could take Emma out in a one on one and thus why she has a secondary mutation and he doesn't. Also no one knows the ins and outs of it like he does since he and forge designed it. But mainly the book makes it sound like Jean was the only one that could do it. Xavier is short sighted (which we already know) If Jean is the only one he trained and training not raw power is the issue.

Funnily if Emma could do it, she doesn't have the telekinesis to be able to get in the cradle to even get the spare machine. I don't think Xavier would trust training Exodus. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I gotta be missing something because I cant think of an easy way readily available to humans to KO every telepath on Krakoa. Like, Shadow King or Nova could do it maybe. But not baseline flatscans. There are some anti psi measures like sonic attacks but none that could affect every one of them at the same time to the point of permanently neutralizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    magneto and Beast were counting only on Jean and not other TP to do this. Jean didn't even put the helmet on her head
    No one said "Only Jean can do it". Jean said "I'll do it myself" and she and Beast went to find Cerebro.

If you go by logic, it shouldn't require Omegas since Xavier does it with ease. And Emma has had experience with Cerebro tech and with telepathic tech in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The book makes it sound like Jean is the only hope. So it makes me think there is something needed. I never felt Emma was at Xavier level, i personally think Xavier in what looks like a younger body could take Emma out in a one on one and thus why she has a secondary mutation and he doesn't. Also no one knows the ins and outs of it like he does since he and forge designed it. But mainly the book makes it sound like Jean was the only one that could do it. Xavier is short sighted (which we already know) If Jean is the only one he trained and training not raw power is the issue.

Funnily if Emma could do it, she doesn't have the telekinesis to be able to get in the cradle to even get the spare machine. I don't think Xavier would trust training Exodus. lol
    I remember Jean took the task, it's not like everyone was going around saying she was the only one who could do it.

I'm not going to discuss Emma vs Xavier since it would derail this, but she's definitely on his level and it's been proved by previous feats and confrontations.

EDIT : if the cradle didn't have a working door and it required to be opened by force, then Xavier is dumber than I thought.

BANNED

The book makes it sound like Jean is the only hope.
    Headcanon.

No one said "Only Jean can do it". Jean said "I'll do it myself" and she and Beast went to find Cerebro.

If you go by logic, it shouldn't require Omegas since Xavier does it with ease. And Emma has had experience with Cerebro tech and with telepathic tech in general.
    Magneto didn't said "Oh if you fail, i'm going to get Emma or Rachel". He really put a lo ton pressure on Jean.
    Doesn't make sense put a lot of pressure on Jean if a lot of people could do it easyly

Xavier probably took some time to master it.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Headcanon.
    Okay, Magneto saying Jean HAS to succeed is Headcanon i guess. And beign worried about what happens if she doesn't. But telepaths grabbing birds to help isn't headcanon. Well okay kind sir. Take that one up with Percy cause he wrote the book. lol

Everyone asking her if she could do it? So WTF was it all about? If i go by your logic that makes this book terrible. All that drama and no one stepped up and was like well anyone can do it. and why put it some place that had to be accessed by either a strong person or someone with TK or something. lol.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Magneto didn't said "Oh if you fail, i'm going to get Emma or Rachel". He really put a lo ton pressure on Jean.
    Doesn't make sense put a lot of pressure on Jean if a lot of people could do it easyly

Xavier probably took some time to master it.
    Still no one said only Jean could do it.

This is a book with Jean as a main character in the main roster, who do you think would have tried to do that, Mentallo?

Still no one said only Jean could do it.

This is a book with Jean as a main character in the main roster, who do you think would have tried to do that, Mentallo?
    It is heavily implied only jean could do it.

Well Sage and Quentin are also on the book, but their skills aren't there yet

Xavier had a mutant CIA. *Shortpack*

Okay, Magneto saying Jean HAS to succeed is Headcanon i guess. And beign worried about what happens if she doesn't. But telepaths grabbing birds to help isn't headcanon. Well okay kind sir. Take that one up with Percy cause he wrote the book. lol
    That's because probably Xavier didn't train other telepaths, it doesn't mean it requires Jean or an Omega to do so, otherwise Xavier wouldn't be able to do it either.

This whole thing lasted 24 hours and Jean was there when it happened and so she logically took it into her own hands.

It is heavily implied only jean could do it.

Well Sage and Quentin are also on the book, but their skills aren't there yet
    Sage is nowhere near those power levels, and Quentin was hunting down Xeno.
    Telepaths can be trained to do what Xavier did (it even said so in PoX), so no reason to believe you needed an Omega to do it.

That's because probably Xavier didn't train other telepaths, it doesn't mean it requires Jean or an Omega to do so, otherwise Xavier wouldn't be able to do it either.

This whole thing lasted 24 hours and Jean was there when it happened and so she logically took it into her own hands.
    then this whole resurrection thing is just stupid to me now. If any run of the mill telepath could do i really don't get it. IT makes no sense when i look at it from that view so i guess we can agree to disagree. It just has no logic in it. What if Jean died that night too?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.