Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I remember Jean took the task, it's not like everyone was going around saying she was the only one who could do it.

I'm not going to discuss Emma vs Xavier since it would derail this, but she's definitely on his level and it's been proved by previous feats and confrontations.

EDIT : if the cradle didn't have a working door and it required to be opened by force, then Xavier is dumber than I thought.
    Jean did something similar in Morrison's run when she housed Xavier's consciousness in her head, and used Cerebro to split it into small pieces in the world's population. There's precedence for Jean being skilled enough to do what she did which wasnt the case for others. She just connected to Cerebro from outerspace in HoX and has been reaffirmed to be an omega telepath
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-12-2019 at 04:23 PM.

I got the impression that Xavier trusted Jean with this. It seemed like Magneto was already expecting her to do it as he went to talk to her. And she knew where to find the backup, while I think Beast didn't? But I need to reread #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean something similar in Morrison's run when she housed Xavier's consciousness in her head, split it into small pieces in the world's population and then used Cerebro to reassemble and place it back in Xavier's head. There's precedence for Jean being skilled enough to do what she did
    No one is doubting that Jean could do it (it would have been dumb if she couldn't), just that other telepaths couldn't do it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I got the impression that Xavier trusted Jean with this. It seemed like Magneto was already expecting her to do it as he went to talk to her. And she knew where to find the backup, while I think Beast didn't? But I need to reread #2.
    im going back to reread now cause it makes no sense. If any telepath can do it whats the big deal. Who cares if Xavier is dead. Why are they acting like he is the end all be all for resurrection. The information has already been downloaded to servers so whats the big deal. Nothing to see here.

The cuckoos are right there looking at his dead body.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-12-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    There can never be enough Council shenanigans, in my considered opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yesss I honestly hope we'll see more and more.
    +1 Can’t wait for MoiraX to make her appearance (no time soon, but it’s inevitable) at one. Sh!ts gonna really hit the fan, lol
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    im going back to reread now cause it makes no sense. If any telepath can do it whats the big deal. Who cares if Xavier is dead. Why are they acting like he is the end all be all for resurrection. The information has already been downloaded to servers so whats the big deal. Nothing to see here.
    This is one place where the resurrections are flawed for me. Xavier died...so what? Why cant a telepath go yank him from the Astral plane and put him in his new body ala his last resurrection in Astonishing X-men? They have the body so Elixir could resurrect him as well and Hope is there to stabilize his powers if he is adversely affected from doing that

This is one place where the resurrections are flawed for me. Xavier died...so what? Why cant a telepath go yank him from the Astral plane and put him in his new body ala his last resurrection in Astonishing X-men? They have the body so Elixir could resurrect him as well and Hope is there to stabilize his powers if he is adversely affected from doing that
    And why hide it underground where Jean had to lift about 20 feet of rock to get to it if you might need ANY telepath to to do. If Triage was around he could bring him back like he did himself and scott as well. It's ridiculous.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The cuckoos are right there looking at his dead body.
    Maybe other TPs doesn't have the knowledge to do it

wait these pages are absolute gold. every character is being written at their best, the art is stunning and they’re actually taking the time to work out the implications of this team existing?? I never thought I would be so satisfied. Love that the quiet council keeps popping up in these books because they’re so entertaining to read I almost feel it shouldn’t be allowed

Mystique stay having her p-ssy on display
    this legitimately made my day. best comment. because she is what? sickening

Astonishing Member

I think Elixir has been retconned to not be able to bring back the dead.

BANNED

Okay, Magneto saying Jean HAS to succeed is Headcanon i guess. And beign worried about what happens if she doesn't. But telepaths grabbing birds to help isn't headcanon. Well okay kind sir. Take that one up with Percy cause he wrote the book. lol

Everyone asking her if she could do it? So WTF was it all about? If i go by your logic that makes this book terrible. All that drama and no one stepped up and was like well anyone can do it. and why put it some place that had to be accessed by either a strong person or someone with TK or something. lol.
    And then she did it easily in the span of 3 panels. No strain or complex process. And its not about power level since Xavier can do it despite being weaker. And others know how to use Cerebro better then Jean. If you have any on panel evidence that Jean is the only one who could do it feel free to share. As it stands she took it upon herself because she was the 1st one available. And shes part of the roster of this book. Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is heavily implied only jean could do it.

Well Sage and Quentin are also on the book, but their skills aren't there yet
    Headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And then she did it easily in the span of 3 panels. No strain or complex process. And its not about power level since Xavier can do it despite being weaker. And others know how to use Cerebro better then Jean. If you have any on panel evidence that Jean is the only one who could do it feel free to share. As it stands she took it upon herself because she was the 1st one available. And shes part of the roster of this book. Thats it.

Headcanon.
    it isn't. it's more than subtext.

Of course for Jean was easy, she is omega level telepath. why should she struggle?

Honestly can we go back to talking about the preview.

lol. how does every thread turn into an argument about telepaths. no shade pure observation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it isn't. it's more than subtext.

Of course for Jean was easy, she is omega level telepath. why should she struggle?
    In the spirit of resurrection Im going to take an early new year resolution and Im going to stop engaging you until you show signs that you have actually read the books you want to discuss.