Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Xavier could do it despite not being an omega. So there is nothing indicating Emma, Exodus or Sinister couldnt either. At this point Emma has had more experience with Cerebro than Jean probably.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Xavier could do it despite not being an omega. So there is nothing indicating Emma, Exodus or Sinister couldnt either. At this point Emma has had more experience with Cerebro than Jean probably.
    But it isn't a question of ability. I have no doubt that Emma, Quentin, Rachel, Betsy, Kwannon, or Exodus could manage it assuming that they knew how - but they didn't and don't. When Jean did it, she was winging it. Charles hadn't shown anyone else how to bring someone back yet.

What if they tried, collectively, and failed? Xavier, their figurehead, is gone forever. So is his dream with him.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The real problem is it's not that hard to take out the telepaths. All they have to do is drop a device once they know all you need is a physic to bring people back and they are all rolling all over the ground screaming. They were already able to block Xavier from sensing them when they were hunting him on Krakoa. And in a world where your average country farmers can get their hands on power dampening rockets it becomes a REAL problem if anyone finds out telepaths are needed for the resurrection process. They are proably the easiest to kill in this new marvel universe at that. Look how Xavier couldn't do a single thing when he was being hunted.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol that would actually be so mystique. Now i want a "that's so Mystique" book.
    I tell ya’, keep an eye on that mad bint, she’s a terrorist.

BANNED

So again theres no telling other telepaths couldnt do it. Sinister has had access to erebro technology since at least before Messiah Complex. Forge created the soul back up system following Xaviers instructions. We have no on panel evidence that only Jean could do it. She is just the one who volunteered to do it. And it wasnt even a complex procedure from what we seen on panel. So Shaw is entirely valid in saying there was nothing to worry about.

So again theres no telling other telepaths couldnt do it. Sinister has had access to erebro technology since at least before Messiah Complex. Forge created the soul back up system following Xaviers instructions. We have no on panel evidence that only Jean could do it. She is just the one who volunteered to do it. And it wasnt even a complex procedure from what we seen on panel. So Shaw is entirely valid in saying there was nothing to worry about.
    it wasn't complex, beause Jean is Omega Telepath

Yeah I do agree that it's weird that they made it a big deal out of whether Jean could do it or not and then she does it like it's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I seriously doubt Emma could do it when she couldn't even shut Sabretooth up on her own. One thing Hickman is doing is making clear difference in leveling when it comes to telepaths. Unfortunately some are suffering because of that, like Rachel. But it is desperately needed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

The real problem is it's not that hard to take out the telepaths. All they have to do is drop a device once they know all you need is a physic to bring people back and they are all rolling all over the ground screaming. They were already able to block Xavier from sensing them when they were hunting him on Krakoa. And in a world where your average country farmers can get their hands on power dampening rockets it becomes a REAL problem if anyone finds out telepaths are needed for the resurrection process. They are proably the easiest to kill in this new marvel universe at that. Look how Xavier couldn't do a single thing when he was being hunted.
    Xavier went back to face the assaillants because he thought he could reason with them and he didnt want others to suffer in his place. Another telepath would have taken over the minds of local wildlife or nearby mutants and used them to annihilate those Reavers. I mean we're talking Sinister/Exodus/Emma. They would have fought dirty. All of them also have secondary powers that would have made anti telepathy tech useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nice headcanon.

Mystique stay having her p-ssy on display

Xavier went back to face the assaillants because he thought he could reason with them and he didnt want others to suffer in his place. Another telepath would have taken over the minds of local wildlife or nearby mutants and used them to annihilate those Reavers. I mean we're talking Sinister/Exodus/Emma. They would have fought dirty. All of them also have secondary powers that would have made anti telepathy tech useless.

Nice headcanon.
    Thats a lot of assumptions your making. Your also assuming telepaths could take over the krakoa life forms when they are in fact not normal animals and all linked to Krakoa. Also Xavier did initially try to use his abilities to defend himself against his attacker but could not.

Emma's secondary power is diamond, diamonds can be shatter. a power dampening rocket and pretty much everyone is down. and if they can have a rocket i wouldn't be surprise if they start bringing out power dampening grenades and fields.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Why is there so many discussions about power dampeners today lol.

BANNED

Thats a lot of assumptions your making. Your also assuming telepaths could take over the krakoa life forms when they are in fact not normal animals and all linked to Krakoa. Also Xavier did initially try to use his abilities to defend himself against his attacker but could not.

Emma's secondary power is diamond, diamonds can be shatter. a power dampening rocket and pretty much everyone is down. and if they can have a rocket i wouldn't be surprise if they start bringing out power dampening grenades and fields.
    I mean, I was responding to a post assuming all telepaths could be taken down with one hit. Its clearly a discussion about hypothetical situations.

The Reavers had no power dampening tech with them, only guns and anti tp implants. So Emma diamond form, Exodus and Sinister would have survived. Beast took one of the attackers down by himself, they were not particularly formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why is there so many discussions about power dampeners today lol.
    Because you can buy them in bulk at costco apparently. lol. I'm waiting for humans to start wearing collars and bracelets and earrings that have dampening tech.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I seriously doubt Emma could do it when she couldn't even shut Sabretooth up on her own. One thing Hickman is doing is making clear difference in leveling when it comes to telepaths. Unfortunately some are suffering because of that, like Rachel. But it is desperately needed.
    I wouldn't say that. Emma has done complex telepathic tasks and procedures in the past and she's on par with Xavier as far as power levels. And I don't see how power (and thus the Omega Level thing) come into play in this. It's about the skills and knowing how to do it, it's not like creating a telepathic communication channel from Earth to the Moon, that's the kind of thing that maybe Emma or Xavier couldn't do while Jean could being Omega. If it requires this gigantic amount of power that required an Omega then how could Xavier do that?