Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

The bitterness in the thread, is hilarious. Jean sounded fine and would naturally be upset about how callous Shaw was regarding Xavier's death, didn't she drop a car on him the last time they had a verbal exchange?

X-force continues to be the best of the DOX titles, looking forward to seeing where this all goes. Especially excited about posters flocking to the threads to discuss "in-depth" the most minute details of the story meanwhile ignoring those same details in the series they enjoy. Didn't you guys do the same thing when XM:R came out?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also did anyone else find the story about running around playing in a graveyard a big wtf moment
    From the same woman who entered her best friend's mind as a child as she was dying, or whose corralled forces of life and death, formerly known as Phoenix, and who overcame her fear of death years ago? Really?! That was your WTF moment?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-16-2019 at 08:00 AM.

I just noticed Doug here. Um, is this an artist error bc he's in space in NM. This was a plot point that made its way into X-men bc Scott couldnt communicate with Krakoa. Unless they had Magik teleport him back, which itself would seem to be an inconsistency with the way they nerfed her powers

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    The bitterness in the thread, is hilarious. Jean sounded fine and would naturally be upset about how callous Shaw was regarding Xavier's death, didn't she drop a car on him the last time they had a verbal exchange?
    LOL...good times

"Manipulative little man" Girl was PISSED!
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-16-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

X-force continues to be the best of the DOX titles, looking forward to seeing where this all goes. Especially excited about posters flocking to the threads to discuss "in-depth" the most minute details of the story meanwhile ignoring those same details in the series they enjoy. Didn't you guys do the same thing when XM:R came out?

From the same woman who entered her best friend's mind as a child as she was dying, or whose corralled forces of life and death, former known as Phoenix, and who overcame her fear of death years ago? Really?! That was your WTF moment?
    Agreed on all fronts. Percy is doing great work with all of the character's voices, and his book has turned out so good. I think it is easily the best of the Dawn of X line. Characters should sound different. It is a problem when all characters sound the same.

I also love it when characters reveal more of themselves by talking about past memories or childhood memories. Not only does it reveal more about the character but it also makes them seem more human and relatable. For example Jean had a small role last issue but yet her role dominates a lot of the discussion. It had impact. Black Tom had a lot of the impact for issues 1. Percy balances a large cast well.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Where's Kurt?
    Gimme Kurt.
    "Cable was right!"

I feel like Hickman implied somewhere in an interview that there were plans for Kurt. But we haven’t seen him yet, other than on the stained glass window Apocalypse is shattering on one of the X-men covers. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I feel like Hickman implied somewhere in an interview that there were plans for Kurt. But we haven’t seen him yet, other than on the stained glass window Apocalypse is shattering on one of the X-men covers. Hmm...
    He was in the first issue of Maraurders

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Ugh, 10 chars!!!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Everyone here sounds great. Let's go!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Best issue of the week. Again. Also answers everyone’s one nitpick regarding resurrection

It answer more than that it again points to again Krakoa not being evil empire spoilers:
    they have human allies
    end of spoilers and it talks about their currency.

Anyway I always wanted to see X-force on the big screen and this book reinforce that X-force concepts are ripe for big screen mission impossible meets X-men is gold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It answer more than that it again points to again Krakoa not being evil empire spoilers:
    they have human allies
    end of spoilers and it talks about their currency.

Anyway I always wanted to see X-force on the big screen and this book reinforce that X-force concepts are ripe for big screen mission impossible meets X-men is gold.
    I think this is the most thought out concept of these books. Great flow. Great use of the data pages. Great characterization of each member. I just need more of Claremont Sage. Haha. Just a tiny bit.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think this is the most thought out concept of these books. Great flow. Great use of the data pages. Great characterization of each member. I just need more of Claremont Sage. Haha. Just a tiny bit.
    It definitely feels as though Percy has thought out a lot of the ramifications of Hickman’s world building, excellent, more please.