Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

A bunch of Empyre tie-ins were revealed in the latest pullist:

-Empyre: Savage Avengers
    -Captain Marvel #18
    -Empyre: Stormranger 1 of 3
    -Empyre: Invasion of Wakanda 1 of 3

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like I've been over this with someone before, Cancer, extermination, betterment of the whole! If the plant people are threats to the earth and the whole point of this fight is to attack them why wouldn't they slaughter them? Plus the skrulls are savage and won't respect weak leadership, while the Kree are sneaky little know it all bastards who also won't respect weak leadership! Teddy is going to have to make some tough choices coming up and he can't be soft about it! It is what it is.
    'Cause that's all supervillain thinking. I'm not here to read about bad guys rationalizing how they had to 'look strong' and kill a bunch of people.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So the point of all of this is to launch Savage Avengers???

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'Cause that's all supervillain thinking. I'm not here to read about bad guys rationalizing how they had to 'look strong' and kill a bunch of people.
    And wasn't that the major pitfall of Jonathan Hickman's Illuminati/New Avengers, that the (not-so-)good guys were rationalizing decisions to consciously annihilate entire universes full of billions upon billions of innocent lives to save their own universe, or later on in Time Runs Out, the entire world rationalizing throwing Wakanda to the wolves in the form of Thanos and his Cabal to preserve itself for as long as possible? I could also mention Secret Empire, which seemed to want us to, on some level, still sympathize with HYDRA-Cap even when he was letting the rest of the HYDRA High Council murder entire cities full of innocent people just so he wouldn't "look soft" on those still fighting against HYDRA's reign.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    ...Savage Avengers already existed.

The Year of Conan is over. The Age of Conan, however, has only just begun.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Man, Emprye getting all the tie ins.

I'm already nervous this isn't gonna end well.

I suppose Invasion replaces the regular Agents of Wakanda ongoing?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Mantis finally joins the action! I'm looking forward to her role in the main event. I'm also wondering if the ''long-lost Avenger'' member who will return will be her or someone else... It seems kind of strange to tease that and then already show us who it is on the cover, so I'm considering the possibility that it's another character.

Obviously not? It's just a tie-in. The main event isn't even over yet.

Now hear me out.

Jack of Hearts.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Mantis finally joins the action! I'm looking forward to her role in the main event. I'm also wondering if the ''long-lost Avenger'' member who will return will be her or someone else... It seems kind of strange to tease that and then already show us who it is on the cover, so I'm considering the possibility that it's another character.
    Some variation of the Swordsman makes sense to make an appearance, if they are finally crescendo-ing Mantis' long-abandoned storyline.

The original dude is dead, IIRC, although he was seen again flying off into the sunset in a Dead Avengers / Chaos War mini (said later by a writer in a messageboard post to have been intended to be still dead, although others in those minis, such as Alpha Flight, returned to life in their stories, making it seem like he also had returned). There's another dude using the name, Andreas von Strucker, who is more or less turned over a new life and might be a good guy, this week? And at least one version of him merged with the Cotati and turned green, or something. I dunno. Before my time.

Whole lotta weirdness for a name / character / legacy nobody is really burning to write about.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Now hear me out.

Jack of Hearts.
    Shut your mouth.

I see your Jack of Hearts, and raise you a Doctor Druid. With a side of D-Man.

(I don't think they're even dead, at the moment, but I'm sure some wish they were!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-12-2020 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    If you mean Blue Marvel, I'm sure he'll have some role in it. Ewing put him at the center of the mystery of Marvel Comics #1000 and Incoming!, which led to Empyre. And Ewing has a history of writing Monica, so I wouldn't be too shocked to see her having some role as well.

Well, if their intention is to bring the Young Avengers to prominence, I say it's about damn time! And technically, we did have a story that made progress to the Young Avengers being the next generation of Avengers, it was Avengers: The Children's Crusade. The whole book led to the point where Steve Rogers acknowledged the YA as full-fledged Avengers. The problem is that Marvel didn't really bother to follow-up on that concept (Gillen's Young Avengers was a self-contained story that didn't really deal with the Avengers legacy aspect of the group). Not much has been done to connect the YA characters to the main Avengers franchise ever since, which was a mistake, IMO. I don't even think Marvel needs to ''dispose of the old guard''. They just need to create a cohesive Avengers line that feels as connected and organized as the current X-titles are. I'm not saying they need to publish as many Avengers titles as X-titles, 'cause that would be too many, but at least have someone (preferably Ewing) overseeing the Avengers line, with an Avengers, Young Avengers and one or two other [Wild Card] Avengers or Avengers-adjacent books would be fine.
    Yes. A good idea. Inspired even. I remember Hickman floating through a range of Avengers squads having different missions dealing with unravelling the Incursions, or AIM Island. If there was a coordinated scheme to have Champions, Avengers and Young Avengers working at a wide mission again, that could give the YA more cred for the future, but not to use them at all is wasting what potential the YA started out as.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean like DC are apparently doing? That 5G thing?
    I don’t know what that is Digifiend. I’m not following DC at present.

All-New Member

LORDSOFEMPYRECELESTIAL001-scaled.jpg

The eve of Quoi’s ascension is at hand! But when the trials are interrupted by an unexpected interloper—Mantis—who will win this battle of wills?

Don’t miss out as mother and son go head-to-head, revealing secrets that will shape the course of the galaxy!

LORDS OF EMPYRE: CELESTIAL MESSIAH #1

Written by Alex Paknadel
    Art by Alex Lins

Cover by Rod Reis
    Release Date: May 2020
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ial-messiah-1/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member

I'm sorry, I really am excited for this event, but I am still kostly in it for seeing Teddy try and explain all of this to Billy and failing miserably.