Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I kinda also see Crystal return to the Avengers ranks. Or Medusa.
    Ewing said that Inhumans won't be involved. Which on the plot side seems weird, since they were involved in the original Kree-Skrull War storyline, just suffered on the hands of the Imperial Kree and the Arctillain is still on the Moon. But it's probably an editorial overreaction to the failure of Inhumans push.

Yeah the Inhumans would be perfect in this event considering their ties to many of the key elements involved.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Ewing said that Inhumans won't be involved. Which on the plot side seems weird, since they were involved in the original Kree-Skrull War storyline, just suffered on the hands of the Imperial Kree and the Arctillain is still on the Moon. But it's probably an editorial overreaction to the failure of Inhumans push.
    Equally as weird as no sign of Lyja.

This event is so very very swollen with characters I can see how they just HAD TO justify omitting a lot in order to keep it all manageable, despite how appropriate and entertaining their respective involvement would be.

I would have LOVED to see Xavin from the Runaways included, but alas that seems unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Equally as weird as no sign of Lyja.
    She got a True Believers reprint issue, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her appear.

Yeah, the only current Inhumans title is Magnificent Ms. Marvel, which is involved in a different event. They'd have had to give them their own mini, which would've then not seen the light of day thanks to Coronavirus, lol. If they can bin a Spider-Man tie-in, you can bet they'd have axed the Inhumans one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Lords of Empyre is all I need! This Teddy Content!! And the art is great! Plus Promised Tommy Content aswell! This YA Stan is winning!!!

As for the rest of this **** I still don't get why they think Teddy who grew up on earth, and has been a superhero since 16 doesn't care about human lives, if he's leading the armada you'd think they'd have some type of trust in him kind of offputting.

Also they lowkey explained Teddy's age IDK if anyone caught that.
    Last edited by Journey; 07-01-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yeah the Inhumans would be perfect in this event considering their ties to many of the key elements involved.
    I thought they died?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also they lowkey explained Teddy's age IDK if anyone caught that.
    Yeah, that was nicely handled. Not sure if I should thank Zdarsky, Ewing, or whoever the editor is for that, but it's good to see that addressed. Though maybe it's just Wiccan who realised that his previous reality warp to create husbando had plotholes and he fixed it.

Speaking of which, is the Moses/Jesus analogy with murdering infants new? It wasn't there in the original reveal in YA.
    I thought they died?
    The only actually relevant Earth Inhumans to die were Triton and Maximus.

Yeah, that was nicely handled. Not sure if I should thank Zdarsky, Ewing, or whoever the editor is for that, but it's good to see that addressed. Though maybe it's just Wiccan who realised that his previous reality warp to create husbando had plotholes and he fixed it.

Speaking of which, is the Moses/Jesus analogy with murdering infants new? It wasn't there in the original reveal in YA.

The only actually relevant Earth Inhumans to die were Triton and Maximus.
    If I'm not mistaken Anthony Oliver did mention the Prince of Egypt gave him some ideas when writing this on twitter months back. Not sure if that was all him but it does add up with savage history of the Skrulls doesn't surprise me.

If I'm not mistaken Anthony Oliver did mention the Prince of Egypt gave him some ideas when writing this on twitter months back. Not sure if that was all him but it does add up with savage history of the Skrulls doesn't surprise me.
    https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1249851249920552960
    Found it, thanks. I forgot this was cowritten.

I hope there are nice interactions between Teddy and the FF in Empyre, particularly with Sue and Johnny. Always wanted the Fantastic Four to interact more with younger heroes.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Controversial opinion—I really hope Ewing and Slott touch on the Crossing, since it was supposed to be a spiritual sequel to the Celestial Madonna saga.
    I would hope so, too, if only to get some semblance of decent and proper closure on Rita DeMara's murder at brainwashed Iron Man's hands. (Yeah, I'm still a bit sore about that.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I hope there are nice interactions between Teddy and the FF in Empyre, particularly with Sue and Johnny. Always wanted the Fantastic Four to interact more with younger heroes.
    Ya know it's crazy you say that cause from a canon perspective I feel Teddy has more reason to dislike the FF than any other Superheroes he'll be interacting with in this event. At the very least Reed, due to the whole civil war cube BS that happened, Tony to but they've been shown to interact fine post civil war which I disagree with as that's bad writing. It's just funny to me that FF seem to be team Teddy, while the Avengers side with the plants.