Page 119 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    So did people like Empyre in the end? Certainly a lot of momentum was broken because of Covid-19 but now that it is all done and put away, what did people think of the event?
    the pacing was a little too fast to explore some of its ideas, but overall it was a success
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

So did people like Empyre in the end? Certainly a lot of momentum was broken because of Covid-19 but now that it is all done and put away, what did people think of the event?
    It was... okay. The prologue issues and the epilogue issues are the best things about the event.
    It felt like it just happened and now it’s over, Marvel want to move on.

I do wonder how it goes into king in black however

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It was... okay. The prologue issues and the epilogue issues are the best things about the event.
    It felt like it just happened and now it’s over, Marvel want to move on.

I do wonder how it goes into king in black however
    We'll find out in Web of Venom: Empyre's End, I suppose.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Overall I did enjoy it.

I did feel like Tony did when they decided to make the Cotati evil. Big betrayal, but once I got over that, it was fairly decent.

I do agree with FFJamie94. It happened, its over, and Marvel wants to move on. Some series I have regretted reading and wish I never had. This one is good, but not top 3 good.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I really enjoyed it. Writing and art were on point. Like most have said they should have produced a few more tie ins, but I enjoyed it and would buy it again. Also I really liked the Avengers issue #0 and Prologue. To me it was a very good way to start and end it for the Avengers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Yeah, Empyre was a decent event, but definitely harmed by the loss of the Thor and Invasion of Wakanda tie-ins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m most upset for the loss of the Squadron Supreme and Union tie-ins, but it’s been the best crossover in quite some time. I just wish the Avengers mini roster, plus Carol and Jan, were the regular all a part of the Avengers.

You're still getting the Union, they retooled it so they're fighting symbiotes instead of Cotati.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're still getting the Union, they retooled it so they're fighting symbiotes instead of Cotati.
    Oh, I know. I’m just impatient. I wanted them during Empyre lol.

Mighty Member

Sadly, the fact that tie-ins can be retooled for another event goes to show just how disposable the tie-ins are.
    I'm also starting to believe that Empyre wasn't the big shattering event that Marvel thought it would be, with even Ewing's Guardians run saying "You can just google what happened".

Again, I liked Empyre, but I think i'll be seen as less of an event and more of a mini series that featured an important arc. I get the feeling King in Black is what Marvel are gambling on right now. Especially seeing how Venom is their dark horse book at the moment.

That's why I mentioned Thor and Invasion. Those two shouldn't have been disposable as their plot points came up in the main book. The same isn't true for Stormranger, Squadron Supreme, and The Union.

I am biased, because I will gladly admit that I am a big fan of the Young Avengers and Al Ewing's New Avengers run, so to see that we got follow up on both Hulklings origin story and Ewing giving him the cosmic sword was amazing. I also like that yes it will have a bigger overall impact on books like Guardians of the Galaxy and SWORD. So I got to see cool follow up on stories I like and I got to see the wedding of Wiccan and Hulkling. Big win for me.

However it also kind of reasserted something to me that I have felt since maybe Avengers vs X-men, which is the Avengers got to stop butting into things on their own. I mean how many times does this make that Tony stark during an event made things worse or that they were ultimately wrong on what would happen. I was kind of on Brand's side at the end of the epilogue
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I am biased, because I will gladly admit that I am a big fan of the Young Avengers and Al Ewing's New Avengers run, so to see that we got follow up on both Hulklings origin story and Ewing giving him the cosmic sword was amazing. I also like that yes it will have a bigger overall impact on books like Guardians of the Galaxy and SWORD. So I got to see cool follow up on stories I like and I got to see the wedding of Wiccan and Hulkling. Big win for me.

However it also kind of reasserted something to me that I have felt since maybe Avengers vs X-men, which is the Avengers got to stop butting into things on their own. I mean how many times does this make that Tony stark during an event made things worse or that they were ultimately wrong on what would happen. I was kind of on Brand's side at the end of the epilogue
    Same here. The Avengers' lack of consideration for their allies' input is definitely a problem, and it's the kind of thing that's precipitated some of the worst events in Marvel's history, so I'd recommend they get a handle on themselves quickly before they kick off another s***storm of an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here. The Avengers' lack of consideration for their allies' input is definitely a problem, and it's the kind of thing that's precipitated some of the worst events in Marvel's history, so I'd recommend they get a handle on themselves quickly before they kick off another s***storm of an event.
    People seem to forget that Tony had visions put in his head and that the swordsman was an Avenger who came and asked for help. Hulkling could have contacted the Avengers a head as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    People seem to forget that Tony had visions put in his head and that the swordsman was an Avenger who came and asked for help. Hulkling could have contacted the Avengers a head as well.
    Fair point, I'll admit.