Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,797 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    People seem to forget that Tony had visions put in his head and that the swordsman was an Avenger who came and asked for help. Hulkling could have contacted the Avengers a head as well.
    Which is a very valid point. Hulkling calls ahead. "Hey Tony, what are the Cotati doing out here? I've got an entire system being killed by plant people." Which that happening, would have changed very little, but double cross reveals would have been faster.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    People seem to forget that Tony had visions put in his head and that the swordsman was an Avenger who came and asked for help. Hulkling could have contacted the Avengers a head as well.
    Yeah and that’s understandable, She-hulk got mind whammied to, I’m just saying that Brand raised a very good point of “if you aren’t going to tell the agency that you are the head of that deals with space and aliens that there is an alien armada coming, why am I even here” and I think the epilogue comic addresses it to an extent probably the same thing would have still happened because of history with the Skrull, Kree, and Coati, but I still it is a bit of an issue when the Avengers just ultimately decide on their own without really consulting anyone and that it’s just a team of 7 or 8 individuals.

I’m not trying to bash the Avengers, I just think maybe they need to start showing them reaching out to space hero ties or their support squad about information they may really need.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-17-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah and that’s understandable, She-hulk got mind whammied to, I’m just saying that Brand raised a very good point of “if you aren’t going to tell the agency that you are the head of that deals with space and aliens that there is an alien armada coming, why am I even here” and I think the epilogue comic addresses it to an extent probably the same thing would have still happened because of history with the Skrull, Kree, and Coati, but I still it is a bit of an issue when the Avengers just ultimately decide on their own without really consulting anyone and that it’s just a team of 7 or 8 individuals.

I’m not trying to bash the Avengers, I just think maybe they need to start showing them reaching out to space hero ties or their support squad about information they may really need.
    Funny enough, She-Hulk got worse than a whammy; she was outright killed so a Cotati could puppeteer her corpse to infiltrate the Avengers. That was a whole other level of messed-up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

That's just editorial jurisdiction and the only reason nobody's calling out Krakoa being hypocritical is because they're not advertising how they bought a Brood invasion on themselves recently when Wolfsbane took the King Egg with them in New Mutants #8. The Avengers weren't alerted to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's just editorial jurisdiction and the only reason nobody's calling out Krakoa being hypocritical is because they're not advertising how they bought a Brood invasion on themselves recently when Wolfsbane took the King Egg with them in New Mutants #8. The Avengers weren't alerted to that.

Isn’t Broo currently Brood king, so Krakoa actually has the one in control of the Brood?

Also isn’t Xavier’s daughter currently Queen of the Shi’ar?

Actually with the upcoming SWORD book Krakoa/mutants have a lot of cosmic pull right now when you think about it.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-17-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Isn’t Broo currently Brood king, so Krakoa actually has the one in control of the Brood?
    Only by accident, Broo just ate the King Egg because he was hungry and they bought a Brood to Earth by bringing it there, they were responsible for that. They didn't alert anyone about that when they invaded. As far as I know they haven't told anyone about this.

Only by accident, Broo just ate the King Egg because he was hungry and they bought a Brood to Earth by bringing it there, they were responsible for that. They didn't alert anyone about that when they invaded. As far as I know they haven't told anyone about this.
    Not saying the x-men are doing any better, it is a bit of a different stand point because who they would tell that to is the ruling mutant government of Krakoa so it’s more of they’re not telling outsiders that information, all I’m saying is that I’ve been seeing plenty of events where Avengers or at least members of them think they know what’s best and it causes problems.
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Broo's like, a super-genius. He didn't eat the King Egg 'because he was hungry,' he knew exactly what he was doing, I thought.

It was really puzzling how that all got dropped though, almost like that issue happened way earlier than expected (thanks to COVID messing up schedules), and the army of Brood wasn't supposed to show up until right about now-ish, when Krakoa could seriously use an army of disposable critters to go up against the armies of Arakko...

Astonishing Member

Not saying the x-men are doing any better, it is a bit of a different stand point because who they would tell that to is the ruling mutant government of Krakoa so it’s more of they’re not telling outsiders that information, all I’m saying is that I’ve been seeing plenty of events where Avengers or at least members of them think they know what’s best and it causes problems.
    This makes the "X-men" look worse, since their faction (Brand) bought it up to insult the Avengers, since they're huge hypocrites about this. In fact, this hurts them on multiple fronts since if it got out about the events leading up to the Brood invasion would make Krakoa a laughing stock they also literally bought the Brood to Earth and covered it up then dare to attack the Avengers for doing something far less bad. Krakoa being a government rather than a random super-hero team gives them more responsibility, not less. They're don't get to say they are above reproach because they're politicians. They weren't keeping secrets about classified material here, it was simply them preferring not to tell anyone when their own island was invaded by the Brood - who are a world class threat. And for what? They're prefer to die then ask for help from "outsiders" - people who not too long ago they would have been proud to call friends.

This makes the "X-men" look worse, since their faction (Brand) bought it up to insult the Avengers, since they're huge hypocrites about this. In fact, this hurts them on multiple fronts since if it got out about the events leading up to the Brood invasion would make Krakoa a laughing stock they also literally bought the Brood to Earth and covered it up then dare to attack the Avengers for doing something far less bad. Krakoa being a government rather than a random super-hero team gives them more responsibility, not less. They're don't get to say they are above reproach because they're politicians. They weren't keeping secrets about classified material here, it was simply them preferring not to tell anyone when their own island was invaded by the Brood - who are a world class threat. And for what? They're prefer to die then ask for help from "outsiders" - people who not too long ago they would have been proud to call friends.
    They didn't cover anything up. You're the only one assuming that - the invasion only happened on Krakoa, and Krakoa themselves handled it by driving them away to space. Also I don't know how that is supposed to be related to anything in Empyre.
    Last edited by nandes; 10-18-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    They didn't cover anything up. You're the only one assuming that - the invasion only happened on Krakoa, and Krakoa themselves handled it by driving them away to space. Also I don't know how that is supposed to be related to anything in Empyre.
    Plus COVID messed up the event timing. Brande's big speech, and the end of Empyre, AFAIK, was supposed to happen *before* the whole King Egg business.

So Brande doesn't have egg on her face, just Broo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Plus COVID messed up the event timing. Brande's big speech, and the end of Empyre, AFAIK, was supposed to happen *before* the whole King Egg business.

So Brande doesn't have egg on her face, just Broo.
    How is that any better? After Empyre Krakao deliberately went out of there way to be hypocrites on this subject? So Carol should just not bother with alerting SWORD when she knows alien invasions are coming? That's the message they're sending.