Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, the X-office really needs to get their **** together when it comes to coloring black/brown characters. Manifold looks literally white on that cover.
    People saying that, really need to get their **** together first. It's very visible that the colours are warped on the photo (because it was done with a phone in a dark with a flash).
    spoilers:
    And Schiti already confirmed that they are much darker on the actual cover
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    People saying that, really need to get their **** together first. It's very visible that the colours are warped on the photo (because it was done with a phone in a dark with a flash).
    spoilers:
    And Schiti already confirmed that they are much darker on the actual cover
    end of spoilers
    I really don't, considering this has been a recurring problem in DOX with multiple characters, fans keep calling it out, and it keeps happening. Just recently they had to fix the Storm Giant Size Issue because they originally made Ororo and Monet look pale as ****. Like, STORM, their most popular black hero. How do you mess this up? And flashes don't make a character colored with dark skin look that pale unless the character was already pale to begin with.

I just went to Schiti's Twitter and saw him saying it was probably a print error, and that makes a lot more sense, because I doubt this particular page without a flash would look very different. Anyway, it's good to know it'll look different in the future issue.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-22-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Looks like I was right about Teddy not being a part of this team, after all. Unless he is the blonde guy on the left... but I don't think he is.

Anyway, this line-up is pretty much what I'd expect from Ewing. Lord knows he would be the one to bring Wiz Kid back.

Also, the X-office really needs to get their **** together when it comes to coloring black/brown characters. Manifold looks literally white on that cover.
    I look forward to actually getting confirmation of who the roster actually is. We already knew about Brand and Manifold. Magneto, Kid Cable and Wiz Kid are easily identifiable. The other two are less clear. Most people seem to be assuming Frenzy for the woman, which seems a likely guess. The other man though--I've seen Banshee, Fabian Cortez and Christian Frost all suggested. That person doesn't look like any of those three options to me--although I can see Cortez if his hair colour was red and he wasn't wearing so much yellow (I associate Cortez with more purple and red in his wardrobe).

I really don't, considering this has been a recurring problem in DOX with multiple characters, fans keep calling it out, and it keeps happening. Just recently they had to fix the Storm Giant Size Issue because they originally made Ororo and Monet look pale as ****. Like, STORM, their most popular black hero. How do you mess this up? And flashes don't make a character colored with dark skin look that pale unless the character was already pale to begin with.

I just went to Schiti's Twitter and saw him saying it was probably a print error, and that makes a lot more sense, because I doubt this particular page without a flash would look very different. Anyway, it's good to know it'll look different in the future issue.
    Re: Storm. Just because some colourists screwed up, you shouldn't accuse other colourist of racism, based on warped data. And flash makes the brightest spot brighter, thus affecting auto white balance of a digital camera. We will see today how it actually looks and then we can comment, instead of throwing stones first, thinking later.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-in-s-w-o-r-d
    And here we have an official announcement and how the colours actually look. A surprise to no one with working eyes and brain.

BANNED

yeeees frenzy!!
    no non mutant lameos either I won!!!

Nothing but mutants, huh?

Well, I'm out.

Dissapointing roster. I like Ewing, but this time his pick of characters is terrible and random. I'm tired of Kid Cable since his debut, never gave two shits about Frenzy back in X-men Legacy, Whiz Kid was always one of the most offensive characters to ever exist (hazmat in avengers academy was right by calling him a walking stereotipe), Cortez was always garbage, and I always found Brand a cheap and dyed copy of Maria Hill.

Hellions also has an unusual cast and it's one of the best books being released right now. I have faith in Ewing and in his passion for underutilized characters

Astonishing Member

So considering the implication that the Avengers are set for a mighty fall as the X-Men once more arise in might, are we B-Listers again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So considering the implication that the Avengers are set for a mighty fall as the X-Men once more arise in might, are we B-Listers again?
    The Avengers line is definitely looking weak right now. The main title is getting mixed reviews, its satellite book Agents of Wakanda failed miserably, and titles like Strikeforce and Savage Avengers are just lacking in cohesion (despite being decent). The Avengers would benefit from a Dawn of X-style relaunch under a well-regarded creative head but Ewing's busy with the cosmic stuff and Zdarsky is taking on the B-list stuff like Daredevil. I expect another year or two of mediocrity before another reshuffling.

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Avengers after Aaron's latest phoenix episode. I have a feeling a relaunch is closer than a year or 2 away.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The Avengers line is definitely looking weak right now. The main title is getting mixed reviews, its satellite book Agents of Wakanda failed miserably, and titles like Strikeforce and Savage Avengers are just lacking in cohesion (despite being decent). The Avengers would benefit from a Dawn of X-style relaunch under a well-regarded creative head but Ewing's busy with the cosmic stuff and Zdarsky is taking on the B-list stuff like Daredevil. I expect another year or two of mediocrity before another reshuffling.
    The thing is, is there any desire on Marvel’s part to relaunch Avengers. Even without the perennial difficulties of trying to get film fans to crossover, the Infinity Saga is over and the X-Men are coming to the MCU; the x-books have always been more of a draw for the more dynamic writers

There will be some kind of overall relaunch to match whatever is happening to DC/after effects of COVID, but I fear the only direction the avengers comics can go (in and out of universe) is down...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what happens with Avengers after Aaron's latest phoenix episode. I have a feeling a relaunch is closer than a year or 2 away.
    Unless he plans on rushing all the various plot points he's got right now (which is completely possible), I'd give his run another year and a half. But who knows at this point.

The thing is, is there any desire on Marvel’s part to relaunch Avengers. Even without the perennial difficulties of trying to get film fans to crossover, the Infinity Saga is over and the X-Men are coming to the MCU; the x-books have always been more of a draw for the more dynamic writers

There will be some kind of overall relaunch to match whatever is happening to DC/after effects of COVID, but I fear the only direction the avengers comics can go (in and out of universe) is down...
    I'd imagine that Marvel sees the worth in pushing both properties even though they'll probably go back to giving the X-Men preferential treatment. Even now we've gotten several spin-off books, it's just that they're not nearly as cohesive as what the X-Men are doing. And with no Hickman-level creative head like Ewing or maybe Zdarksy, things seem rudderless.

I think the Avengers can sustain at least 2 books if they got a strong enough roster and a great story. There's still plenty of Avengers still being introduced and taking center stage in the MCU so I doubt Marvel will be content to confine the entire mythos to a single book. As an outsider looking in it looks like there's still money to be made investing in the Avengers IP with strong creators and multiple books. Now if Marvel massively contracts like DC is doing, I have no idea.

Ultimate Member

It would make sense they'd focus on characters they have in the chamber, film-wise, like the X-Men and Fantastic Four, over the Avengers. The more memorable storylines they've got under their belt, the deeper the well of ideas they can mine for an adaptation (instead of 'Jean Grey turns into Phoenix, take 3').