Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Counter-Earth still exist? Why not take over that planet? who exists to protect them?
    If that's like a multiverse thing it probably got destroyed during Secret Wars I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Lol, that's literally what you were implying... but ok.

On a semi-related note: Honestly at this point what major Marvel comics character hasn't committed some atrocity, supported some authoritarian regime or is closely allied with someone who has?
    The Runaways avoid the BS

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Runaways avoid the BS
    Except for the fact that they're currently hanging out with a junior soul-eating demon/god creature.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Counter-Earth still exist? Why not take over that planet? who exists to protect them?
    Because the High Evolutionary is in charge and has filled it top to bottom with New-Men and monsters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Is Road to Empyre gonna be worth picking up? Trying to avoid going to shop until next month
    It seems like it’s just a recap of the Kree/Skrull War told from a modern perspective. I’m gonna read it ‘cause I’m really curious to see how some things (like Teddy’s origins and the Cotati stuff) is incorporated in the retelling, but if it’s not a priority to you, I don’t think you’d be missing out on anything too essential.

The reason to buy Empyre Road Trip is all of that sexy art.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If that's like a multiverse thing it probably got destroyed during Secret Wars I imagine.
    It definitely wasn't destroyed. It appeared in Champions and Avengers a couple of years ago, just before Avengers No Surrender.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

will they once and for all deal with this issue of the kree and skrull trying to take over earth and the tropes of "sleeper cells" with Skrulls still trying to shape shift their way into mainstream society? (and why focus on the USA?) why not... China, India, etc.?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So... Do you guys think this event is canceled or do think they'll continue once this all goes away/keep it as digital-only?

Mighty Member

I dont think its canceled maybe delays can happen. im just really worried about comics in the next weeks.if this cronovirus dosent go away soon

With Diamond shut, it'll either be digital first or postponed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Lol, that's literally what you were implying... but ok.

On a semi-related note: Honestly at this point what major Marvel comics character hasn't committed some atrocity, supported some authoritarian regime or is closely allied with someone who has?
    Sounds like it would be a pretty short list by now. Even Spider-Man, by his past if not continued association with certain members of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, or the X-Men, would be tainted by that standard, and without getting into certain other issues specific to the character himself like that (literally) damned deal with Mephisto.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So... Do you guys think this event is canceled or do think they'll continue once this all goes away/keep it as digital-only?
    Without variant covers to inflate sales Marvel is in it deep now. It’s the worst time to launch a new event, people are not going to be buying all the tie ins right now. Everyone will be cutting costs to survive.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Without variant covers to inflate sales Marvel is in it deep now. It’s the worst time to launch a new event, people are not going to be buying all the tie ins right now. Everyone will be cutting costs to survive.
    You don't have to buy tie in-those are cash grabs.

If all the books are already done-you wait or do digital only.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You don't have to buy tie in-those are cash grabs.

If all the books are already done-you wait or do digital only.
    I know I don’t plan to. I’m saying that the usual “boost” you get from an event could very well NOT be a factor here. Who the hell is going to be throwing around money at a time like this? And Marvel can’t over ship because there won’t be any retailers to take those copies, and they can’t use variant covers to force stores to buy because the stores can’t order. This could very well be a huge flop.