Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Naw, we already know his canon default form is his human one. Revealed in the first Young Avengers run.
    Retcon *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Retcon *shrugs*
    Kids also imitate what they see. A shapeshifter may take that to the extreme. A shapeshifting baby, taking on the green appearance of his mother is plausible.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So there felt like some last-minute changes led to this issue being rushed, as the entire Invasion of Wakanda arc had to be crammed into the middle of this issue, rather than get it's own book(s). I feel like, as a result, we got a very 'broad strokes' look at the Wakanda bits, and yet also got a rush-job on the Teddy break-out. I cannot believe that there was not a planned panel where Billy teleports into the cell and sees Teddy all chained up and goes all Dark Phoenix on those chains/prison guards/wall in his way, while Carol and Johnny are like 'whoa, dial it back to, like, eleventy-seven or so', 'cause that's just peak drama.
    I definitely think it's possible some changes were made to the event. I remember seeing an article on Bleeding Cool reporting that a previous issue (can't remember if it was #3 or #4) was first solicited as being more expensive and having more pages, but that was changed once the issue was actually out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Have all the Earth based Skrulls been outed yet or are they still working at the stealth level in "mainstream" society?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unknown - the Warners haven't appeared since the Road to Empyre issue in March, so we don't know their fate.
    I was just wondering about that. Where the hell are the Warners? Road To Empyre made it seem like they would have some sort of role in this event, but we haven't seen them at all ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Maybe Green is Teddy's default form he was green as a baby in Lords of Empyre so.....
    We see him as a green AND white baby in that one-shot, apparently mid-shift, so it's not very clear if the writers were trying to tell us he was green turning white or white turning green while Anelle was holding him. It could go both ways. In Road To Empyre, for example, we saw him as a white baby with green wings, so it's clear he could shapeshift ever since his early years.

The speed and urgency of the narrative is the reason I find myself more forgiving of the absence of deeper exploration (that may have been afforded via the tie-in issues) such as Teddy's incarceration and subsequent rescue or T'Challa's time in Wakanda using the sword.

We know this isn't the end of Jen.
    T'Challa is most definitely not dead.
    I'm looking forward to this event's completion and being able to read it straight through.

I wish the collected edition would have deleted scenes (hahaha) but that seems unlikely.
    This event has been beautiful and fun and I hope Valerio Schiti's hands are okay. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Even if Johnny (writers) never canonize that narrative, I still very much enjoy this type of character. I know this guy. I've met this guy. The gorgeous man who -- regardless of affirmed orientation -- revels in flirtation and recognizing beauty, as well as loves his own beauty being recognized. The "Any GOOD attention is GOOD attention, lay it on me" mentality. Its cute.
    This sounds a lot like me in college. Never experimented, but definitely wouldn't turn down attention, drinks, or dancing if we decided Studio 13 (only gay bar in Iowa City) would be the most fun place to bar hop to.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

Spoiler Marvel Article about Empyre 5:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=96939772

There’s this curious line. Did I miss a reschedule?

It will all come to a conclusion in next week’s EMPYRE #6!

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post

Valerio Schiti said on twitter there was a two week gap

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I wish, but Marvel's website still lists the final issue as coming on September 2, so I think it's possible it was just a mistake from the article.

Amazing Member

Valerio Schiti posted a cover hes working on to his IG and Twitter. The IG post is tagged with #Quoi and he teased something hes been working on. If Quoi gets a spinoff over YA or BillyTeddy, it'll be more proof 2020 is the worst timeline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEEUVNGhk_R/

Valerio Schiti posted a cover hes working on to his IG and Twitter. The IG post is tagged with #Quoi and he teased something hes been working on. If Quoi gets a spinoff over YA or BillyTeddy, it'll be more proof 2020 is the worst timeline.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEEUVNGhk_R/
    It CAN'T be.
    It CANNOT be a thing.
    QUOI CANNOT GET A SPIN OFF.

<collapses into a heap>

If plant boy gets a spin-off over the the Gay Emperors of the universe, with the perfect potential for a politicaly charged space opera with bringing the Skree alliance to heel, aswell as establishing the Empyre's presence as a force on earth with YA shenanigans in the background!! Then I have Died and gone straight to hell!

BANNED

It is More likely that Teddy has to take a skrull bride and a kree bride to legitimise his rule and he would have to ask Wiccans permission for it who unhappily would have to agree or transform himself into a kree/skrull female himself magically. Then Teddy may get stuck with trans girl till he figures out how to undo his own spell. Lol

Teddy & Quoi book confirmed <3

And here I was hoping Plant Boy would be beheaded.... Side note am I tripping or have Teddy and Quoi not interacted once this entire event?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Teddy & Quoi book confirmed <3
    It's not shocking that Quoi might be into a half skrull. His last girlfriend was a reptillian space pirate, so he's obviously got a type.