Page 31 of 120 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Word. Any longterm alliance between Krakoa and the Kree/Skrull empire would be threatened the minute Teddy and Billy find out the way Wanda has been treated on Krakoa. We’ve literally seen the Young Avengers choose to side with Wanda over the X-Men in the past. As long as they are in the hands of the Avengers office, that is not gonna change.
    First off we don't treat the Pretender like anything. She is not one of us and thus has no barring on mutant politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    First off we don't treat the Pretender like anything. She is not one of us and thus has no barring on mutant politics.
    Who’s “we”? Do you have a mutant mouse in your pocket?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

I doubt wiccan is much of an issue, i doubt he's even considered a mutant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I doubt wiccan is much of an issue, i doubt he's even considered a mutant.
    Considering Wanda thought she was a mutant when she reincarnated her kids in Wiccan and Speed, they presumably are mutants

BANNED

but they are an extension of her anyways, why would editorial consider those two mutants when she isnt anymore?

Mighty Member

kree-skrulls have a much cleaner state towards mutants than humans, so it seems like a pretty simple choice, especially agaist the cotati
    Beast and Angel, literally destroyed Hala.

You know, the Kree home planet.

Extraordinary Member

but they are an extension of her anyways, why would editorial consider those two mutants when she isnt anymore?
    One simple thing needs to be answered...do they have the X-Gene. If the answer is yes then they are mutants...if the answer is no then they are not.

This was the thing with Cloak and Dagger for years...are they or aren't they. During Dark Reign Dr Nemesis did answered that they were not mutants because he tested them for the X-Gene and they did not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Beast and Angel, literally destroyed Hala.

You know, the Kree home planet.
    Pretty sure that was the king of Spartax.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Pretty sure that was the king of Spartax.
    It was both.

Beast, Angel and Gamora raized the surface

Then the king of Spartax destroyed the planet. Which he couldn't do before those 3 quite literally crippled that planet with fire

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It was both.

Beast, Angel and Gamora raized the surface

Then the king of Spartax destroyed the planet. Which he couldn't do before those 3 quite literally crippled that planet with fire
    So? They still didn't actually destroy the planet, they were stopped before the deed was done.

It's like how the Illuminati got to keep their hands clean during the Incursions because other people kept destroying worlds for them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So? They still didn't actually destroy the planet, they were stopped before the deed was done.

It's like how the Illuminati got to keep their hands clean during the Incursions because other people kept destroying worlds for them.
    Except that Warren and Hank actively razed Kree cities.

Keeping their hands clean would imply they did nothing.

The FIRST thing they do when they reach Hala is completely wipe a city off the map.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I do have to wonder if it’ll be pointed out at any point that, you know, the Kree kind of deserve everything the Cotati throw their way?
    That's a good point. As many Kree-connected heroes as there are in the Marvel Universe, that does obscure for a lot of people, possibly in-universe as well as in real life, that the Kree have never exactly been "the good guys" in their history.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Well, thanks for proving my point. This kind of mindset that exists in Krakoa regarding Wanda is exactly what could make Teddy second guess his allegiance to the place, since it goes against not only his legacy as an Avenger, but his family with Billy. Hopefully he’ll get to keep his values, unlike a certain Holocaust survivor who’s working with a former nazi on Krakoa’s council. Now that’s the kind of characterization I REALLY hope Billy and Teddy won’t receive.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering Wanda thought she was a mutant when she reincarnated her kids in Wiccan and Speed, they presumably are mutants
    We don’t actually know if she was responsible for their reincarnation. The exact details of their origin weren’t ever really explained. We were just told they were the reincarnation of her children, but not how. So where exactly their powers come from is pretty much up to interpretation. I don’t believe the current editorial considers them as mutants. Tom Brevoort himself, who helped create the Young Avengers, has said he doesn’t think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, thanks for proving my point. This kind of mindset that exists in Krakoa regarding Wanda is exactly what could make Teddy second guess his allegiance to the place, since it goes against not only his legacy as an Avenger, but his family with Billy. Hopefully he’ll get to keep his values, unlike a certain Holocaust survivor who’s working with a former nazi on Krakoa’s council. Now that’s the kind of characterization I REALLY hope Billy and Teddy won’t receive.
    All mutants have been given a second chance regardless of their life before Krakoa because that is there right as mutants. Fighting among themselves instead of being united has lead to many of the problems they have had. No longer. Krakoa is a nation not a good guy team and every nation has it's bad seeds that doesn't make them any less a member of that nation. Wanda is not one plain and simple which is why her sins are not forgiven nor forgotten.

Billy and Tommy's mutancy is one of those things that is just an accepted fact until proven otherwise. While I would love for it to be addressed just because I hate unresolved plots it doesn't make or break anything for either of them. Tommy would probably thrive on Krakoa, but at the same time he could thrive on the Avengers if they just gave him a chance. He'd take the Wanda **** with a grain of salt he's got thick skin.

Billy on the other hand would have a horrible experience on Krakoa, it's basically confirmed he's more powerful than Wanda, he suffers from mental health issues just like her and is prone to bad days. Being around an environment were people blatantly hate Wanda, and teach kids to fear her, where thousands of depowered mutants who probably hold grudges against her live, and where they have to perform an all but barbaric act just to be considered worthy of regaining what Wanda took from them, would be horrible for his mental health because they would probably look at "Wanda Junior" as Logan called him the sameway if not worse than her. Hell Logan already said he was better off dead in Children's Crusade to avoid what could be a potential repeat.

Teddy would not want Billy around that type of environment so for the sake of the Empyre I'm sure he would align with Krakoa, he would just keep Billy far away from the place when he figures out the vibe.