Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    I assume that she is only his sister in that they are both Elders. I think Grandmaster and Collector were referred to each other as brothers a few times. Otherwise, that would be a blunder on the part of Slott, since having an actual sister would be against the whole point of the Elders.

And as to Voyager, NRH still has the unresolved plotline of Challenger's disappearance left, so I assume that there are some plans for a third No... series.
    The elders are all of different species...but consider each other siblings.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I assume that she is only his sister in that they are both Elders. I think Grandmaster and Collector were referred to each other as brothers a few times. Otherwise, that would be a blunder on the part of Slott, since having an actual sister would be against the whole point of the Elders.

And as to Voyager, NRH still has the unresolved plotline of Challenger's disappearance left, so I assume that there are some plans for a third No... series.
    No Surrender. No Road Home. No Fucks Given.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

There seems to be no plans for another No... Avengers series. Waid's the publisher of Humanoids and there's indications he may be doing something for DC, as there was a Q&A with him on DC Universe's forum recently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There seems to be no plans for another No... Avengers series. Waid's the publisher of Humanoids and there's indications he may be doing something for DC, as there was a Q&A with him on DC Universe's forum recently.
    That’s a real shame. The “no...” set of stories were really, really fun. A mix of modern and classic Avengers that went really well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    That’s a real shame. The “no...” set of stories were really, really fun. A mix of modern and classic Avengers that went really well.
    Yeah the no surrender and no road were pretty fun ones and im normally apathic to anything avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah the no surrender and no road were pretty fun ones and im normally apathic to anything avenger
    Voyager was one of my favourite new additions to the Marvel U. Would like to see her appear again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They're not gonna kill Sue. The Aftermath issues for F4 are a Reed and Tony issue and a Iceman flashback issue rather than a grim issue like when Johnny died.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Voyager was one of my favourite new additions to the Marvel U. Would like to see her appear again.
    same, really well executed addition

Someone on Reddit thought the Union was still happening in TPB because it had been listed on Amazon. Writer Paul Grist himself said that he hoped to finish it and it would still get single issue releases but there was no guarantees. That was a month ago, before we got the updated Empyre checklist, and I'm not surprised he hasn't mentioned it since. It's definitely cancelled. Amazon need to get their asses in gear and delete or update all of the COVID affected items.
    https://twitter.com/mistergrist/stat...30176385359872
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Those are all still on Amazon. Like https://www.amazon.com/Empyre-Invasi...dp/1302925709/
    Still, I hope that Union isn't dead as an idea, I've heard good things about Grist, and I like going outside the US.

Surprised about The Union. Although I hope that means they can start again not in the midst of an event.

Those are all still on Amazon. Like https://www.amazon.com/Empyre-Invasi...dp/1302925709/
    Still, I hope that Union isn't dead as an idea, I've heard good things about Grist, and I like going outside the US.
    Yeah, there's dozens of TPBs on there with out of date release dates or which are cancelled. Like I said, they need to sort it out. Stuff that's never getting released shouldn't be available for pre-order.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Have there been any previews with pages of Mantis in them yet?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com