Page 30 of 120 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

BANNED

mutants making the right choice of a deadly alliance

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

Speaking of betrayal . . . well, I get that humankind has screwed over, abused, rejected, brutalized, and even attempted to exterminate mutantkind again and again, but Earth is mutants' home, too, and if they're selling it out to alien invaders/conquerors, that's not exactly good stewardship of the planet they're going to eventually inherit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

yeah, pretty sure that the Kree and Skrulls are gonna screw over the mutants once they feel they're no longer useful to them

BANNED

kree-skrulls have a much cleaner state towards mutants than humans, so it seems like a pretty simple choice, especially agaist the cotati

kree-skrulls have a much cleaner state towards mutants than humans, so it seems like a pretty simple choice, especially agaist the cotati
    Oh, against the Cotati. Well, that makes slightly more sense, especially given Krakoa as the home of the mutant nation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, against the Cotati. Well, that makes slightly more sense, especially given Krakoa as the home of the mutant nation.
    yeah aparently they are atacking them and doing something in genosha

yeah aparently they are atacking them and doing something in genosha
    All right, then. Now that I get the context, I understand the situation a little better. Probably won't stop some people, in-universe or in real life, from calling the mutants traitors to Earth on account of this alliance, but it's not like the mutants care anymore what humans think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well number one the whole attack on the earth by Hulking is already a betrayal because he's an honorary Avenger. 2 Carol has already been spoiled to be the next Kree Accuser for Teddy so that's also a betrayal. Number 3 Wiccan who's bound to get involved in this whole mess and could either betray Hulking or say **** the Avengers and snap on them for love. So Betrayal is a definite I would say.
    Honorary? He was on Sunspot's New Avengers, that means he actually IS an Avenger now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

[IMG]httpss://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/413075421421109259/690631798907994173/ETkqBH7WsAwFwr9.png[/IMG]

I know that by virtue of being enemies of the Avengers and Inhumans respectively makes the Skrulls and Kree a tempting prospect, but aligning with the impending son-in-law of their personal Satan seems risky

Perhaps Krakoa is not a mutant but is instead a Cotati
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Or gets infected by the Cotati.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The X-Men working with Kree/Skrulls is not that deep. As Empyre progresses, we can see a pattern among all of the artwork: the heroes are fighting the plant people. It’s very obvious at this point the Kree/Skrulls are not the actual antagonists here. The FF and the Avengers will likely join them too (we know Captain Marvel does), but they’re not gonna reveal that in the early promotional material because they are the two main hero groups of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I know that by virtue of being enemies of the Avengers and Inhumans respectively makes the Skrulls and Kree a tempting prospect, but aligning with the impending son-in-law of their personal Satan seems risky
    Word. Any longterm alliance between Krakoa and the Kree/Skrull empire would be threatened the minute Teddy and Billy find out the way Wanda has been treated on Krakoa. We’ve literally seen the Young Avengers choose to side with Wanda over the X-Men in the past. As long as they are in the hands of the Avengers office, that is not gonna change.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-20-2020 at 09:53 PM.

I wonder if we'll see a return of Cadre K during this event.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member

I do have to wonder if it’ll be pointed out at any point that, you know, the Kree kind of deserve everything the Cotati throw their way?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The Celestial Madonna saga is my favorite Avengers story, so I’m incredibly excited to see Mantis’ role in this, as well as the Celestial Messiah.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com