Thread: Empyre (2020)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    In #4, does anyone know what that FF armor that Tony was working on is?
    I assume it's going to have somewhat of a big role within the next two issues, because Slott was hyping this new armor up a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The optics of that would be really bad from a PR perspective. They've gotten a lot of buzz from the surprise Teddy/Billy marriage.

Immediately screwing that over would just piss off too many people now, even people who don't care about comics.

And they've already shown the cover for the reception
    I agree. I think at this point doing anything too damaging to Wiccan and Hulkling and/or their relationship would just backfire. I think they're safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think its just that the first 5 books were not originally intended to come out weekly like that--it was a consequence of trying to get things caught up again once the pandemic shutdown was over. Now that they are more caught up, things are starting to slow down to a more normal schedule (same with CAPTAIN MARVEL--that book had multiple issues out in a single month due to the the EMPYRE tie-in issues, but after that it slows down to a monthly schedule again.

There are still several more EMPYRE tie-ins to come out, in miniseries, one-shots and tie-in issues of ongoing books--so they need a bit of a gap before the finale now to allow the rest of the tie-ins to finish coming out before the event ends.
    Aren't there only one or two issues left for the tie-ins? I don't think it would be a big deal if they were all spread out within the next two weeks alongside the final Empyre issues, even if some of them ended up coming out one week after the finale. Lords Of Empyre: Celestial Messiah came out one week after the Empyre issue it was supposed to tie-in to (Empyre #3), and it wasn't a problem. At this point a lot of things are not going to be linear in their schedule, and I think that's understandable due to the pandemic. The Miles Morales: Spider-Man book is getting a post-Champions issue a whole month before Champions even launches, for example.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-12-2020 at 12:27 AM.