Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Thats a stupid resolve to marry somebody to end a war, so if the Shi'ar or Brood or Badoon go to war with the Skrulls/Kree does Teddy have to marry one of them as well.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Why is this SO bad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    My money is on Teddy saying he did his job uniting the two races to defeat the cotati, abdicating the throne, and marrying Billy. Quoi doesn’t seem the type to be interested in a marriage of convenience to anyone from the Alliance, and doesn’t really want peace unless it’s through taking over himself. That would be too abrupt of an end to have him give up his plans to marry a stranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Thats a stupid resolve to marry somebody to end a war, so if the Shi'ar or Brood or Badoon go to war with the Skrulls/Kree does Teddy have to marry one of them as well.
    What I find convenient is the fact that Teddy is LGBT and Quoi is a male of his species so why wouldn't they get married?

Actually historically speaking political marriages between countries on the verge or in the middle of war has always been plausible and worked for the most part. That being said no he needs to Marry Billy and just nuke the Cotati and be done with this BS but marvel won't make it that easy for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    What I find convenient is the fact that Teddy is LGBT and Quoi is a male of his species so why wouldn't they get married?
    Cause he's engaged already to someone who, 1 he loves, 2 will be a god someday, and 3 Quoi's just a weird murderous plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Cause he's engaged already to someone who, 1 he loves, 2 will be a god someday, and 3 Quoi's just a weird murderous plant.
    Trading one Celestial Messiah for another seems like a lateral move

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm not worried about Teddy being thrown into an arranged marriage with Quoi because, even if it happens, I'm 100% sure it would not be portrayed as something that the readers are supposed to root for. It will obviously be the kind of relationship that would be doomed to fail eventually, and only strengthen Teddy's relationship with Billy in the end. They wouldn't portray a villain as a legitimate love interest for Teddy.

Not every war necessarily needs to be resolved like this, but political weddings are a super common trope in fiction. Wouldn't even be the first time we have a story like this on a Marvel comic. That's exactly what happened between Xavin and Karolina Dean on Runaways; they were arranged to marry each other by their families to end the conflict between the Skrulls and the Majesdanians.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-29-2020 at 12:32 AM.

I knew in my gut something was off with that blue bitch Tanalth! Fake ass hating hoe needs to go she's been exposed!

spoilers:
    She's really R'kull in disguise Anelle's mother and Teddy's grandmother, and if this bitch survived have to wonder if Anelle did to.
    end of spoilers

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Go to the very end for the full artwork reveal.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

With that reveal at the end, I think I have an inkling about how Billy gets swept up in this: spoilers:
    Teddy's grandma doesn't like his proclivity to heroism and his attachment to Earth, so she goes after the thing that personifies that attachment, Billy. She'll probably let it slip to the Cotati where Billy is, and then they'll go after him to weaken Teddy, which in turn would help her cause of getting Teddy under her thumb by removing him from the picture.

My guess is that Billy escapes via Al writing him as powerful as he was in his New Avengers run (maybe even some Demiurge stuff to call back to that arc as well) OR Teddy drops EVERYTHING and goes after him, which puts him in the battlefield. I could even see that second option leading to She-Hulk's "death" during a rescue mission, leading to the Immortal one shot after for her. I could also see this leading to a sort of, impromptu battlefield wedding, ala Will and Elizabeth from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, which would lead to the official one in Aftermath!

The dropping of everything option can also account for the "betrayal" that the solicits mentioned. Teddy says "screw it! I'm making a deal for my fiance's safety! Y'all can't say jack about it!"
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I knew in my gut something was off with that blue bitch Tanalth! Fake ass hating hoe needs to go she's been exposed!

spoilers:
    She's really R'kull in disguise Anelle's mother and Teddy's grandmother, and if this bitch survived have to wonder if Anelle did to.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, I think that's what they're going to go for. spoilers:
    if Anelle is alive, that can mean Teddy has an out from the throne. As much as I'd like Emperor Teddy and Royal Consort Billy, I think it might be best for them to stay adjacent to the politics of space rather in the middle (for their safety and my Billyteddy heart's sake) she can be his like regent. Even though she's only Skrull, she did have Teddy with Mar-vell, and from what I understand, she wanted peace between the two. She's also more experienced, so I think she could rule fairly well. Have Teddy be Emperor in name for now while Anelle deals with the nitty gritty stuff. And when Teddy is older and more secure , he can RULE rule the empire
    end of spoilers

I haven't read this and probably won't but i think it's missed opportunity opportunity to not bring back Lyja, Crusader, Skull Kill Crew.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I'm behind but you caught my interest, how is Annelle possibly alive?

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I haven't read this and probably won't but i think it's missed opportunity opportunity to not bring back Lyja, Crusader, Skull Kill Crew.
    Lyja was seen last year with the Future Foundation.

Feeling short changed? #3 was shorter than advertised.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ge-comic-book/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Throwback to New Avengers where Teddy doesn’t like to be called Dorrek and tells the Knights of the Infinite to call him Teddy. He asks T’Challa to do the same.