Page 52 of 120 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know it's crazy you say that cause from a canon perspective I feel Teddy has more reason to dislike the FF than any other Superheroes he'll be interacting with in this event. At the very least Reed, due to the whole civil war cube BS that happened, Tony to but they've been shown to interact fine post civil war which I disagree with as that's bad writing. It's just funny to me that FF seem to be team Teddy, while the Avengers side with the plants.
    Reed? Yeah I can see that. But the others defected to Cap's side/went to France and Sue helped America escape during Civil War. So I can see him having no issue with Sue, Ben, and Johnny.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

Just Finished Empyer Avengers great start I think the fantastic four is just the same thing just from
    there view

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ya know it's crazy you say that cause from a canon perspective I feel Teddy has more reason to dislike the FF than any other Superheroes he'll be interacting with in this event. At the very least Reed, due to the whole civil war cube BS that happened, Tony to but they've been shown to interact fine post civil war which I disagree with as that's bad writing. It's just funny to me that FF seem to be team Teddy, while the Avengers side with the plants.
    You’d also thing Teddy would hold a grudge against Reed, because he saved Galactus, who would go on to kill his birth mother when he ate the Skrull throne world.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Just Finished Empyer Avengers great start I think the fantastic four is just the same thing just from
    there view
    So basically the Byrne/Stern annuals, where the Skrulls lost their ability to change shape. That’s one of my favorite Bronze Age FF/Avengers arcs, so I’m sure I’ll enjoy this as well.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I still think the Cotati are screwing with the Avengers' heads at this point. And after they had that meal, probably influencing them from the inside out.
    The Cotati are plants after all, and most drugs come from plant-based sources, so the Cotati could be lacing everyone’s drink with personality altering drugs in every book, being they human, Kree or Skrull. Nothing we see can be believed on the page. We probably won’t get to find an explanation for the earlier issues’ mundane quality until the explanations at the end. This could be an Event where nothing appears as it seems. The Cotati could be using behaviour altering drugs as a defence mechanism, and might not really have a nasty plan in this conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The Cotati are plants after all, and most drugs come from plant-based sources, so the Cotati could be lacing everyone’s drink with personality altering drugs in every book, being they human, Kree or Skrull. Nothing we see can be believed on the page. We probably won’t get to find an explanation for the earlier issues’ mundane quality until the explanations at the end. This could be an Event where nothing appears as it seems. The Cotati could be using behaviour altering drugs as a defence mechanism, and might not really have a nasty plan in this conflict.
    It’s funny, because when Englehart first created the Cotati, he used them as an allegory for mind altering drugs that he, Starlin, and Milgrom used to trip balls on, then walk around NYC to get inspiration for their books.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s funny, because when Englehart first created the Cotati, he used them as an allegory for mind altering drugs that he, Starlin, and Milgrom used to trip balls on, then walk around NYC to get inspiration for their books.
    Maybe not so funny now in the Marvel Universe, if the Cotati use mind altering drugs through the whole Event. It’s frightening how much the Cotati can be in the food chain of every race in the Universe, and what aliens and humans eat comes through the Cotati food chain. You can’t eat anything vegetable without a Cotati element being involved.

I recently began to take notice of plant holders in comic book panels, and shivering at the thought each one of them could be Cotati. Hell, it makes you wonder is the X-island of the plant-based Krakoa infiltrated by Cotati? Look at how that situation has spread world-wide with drugs and teleporting doorways.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-02-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Lords of Empyre is all I need! This Teddy Content!! And the art is great! Plus Promised Tommy Content aswell! This YA Stan is winning!!!

As for the rest of this **** I still don't get why they think Teddy who grew up on earth, and has been a superhero since 16 doesn't care about human lives, if he's leading the armada you'd think they'd have some type of trust in him kind of offputting.

Also they lowkey explained Teddy's age IDK if anyone caught that.
    Nah, this totally adds up. The Avenger community is notorious for disbelieving in each other hahaha. They're constantly in-fighting and getting into (civil)wars with each other and throwing up their hands when any given hero makes a bad call.
    For them to cast doubt on baby Teddy? A young impressionable (fanboy) adult (Last I recall was him being around 18/19?) being recruited to lead two communities famously known for causing them (the Avengers) oodles of trouble and here they show up with a massive armada heading to Earth (again, historically not a plus), it actually makes sense (to me) that the Avengers etc would pause and worry.

Fellow Avenger Affiliates being manipulated by external (commonly viewed as "evil") forces is an unfortunate common occurrence. hahaha.

I can't wait for all the side switching though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    She got a True Believers reprint issue, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her appear.
    Is this out already or soon to be released?

What if Krakoa is a Cotati and not a mutant?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    What if Krakoa is a Cotati and not a mutant?
    While that would be mind-blowing, in its scope (or for Krakoa's plant-based tech to be a 'cure' or innoculating defense against Cotati plant-tech), I strongly doubt the editors at the highest levels of the X-offices and 'the rest of Marvel' communicate or coordinate that well.

Generally, it's 'events that affect mutants' and 'everything else' and never the twain shall meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While that would be mind-blowing, in its scope (or for Krakoa's plant-based tech to be a 'cure' or innoculating defense against Cotati plant-tech), I strongly doubt the editors at the highest levels of the X-offices and 'the rest of Marvel' communicate or coordinate that well.

Generally, it's 'events that affect mutants' and 'everything else' and never the twain shall meet.
    Hahahaha "never the twain shall meet"

BANNED

I'm not sure they are related besides being plant based (wich btw , krakoa isnt just plant's, its also the fauna and the water/rocks/earth) and the cotati are doing something to the bodies on genosha so im not sure they are necessarly connected.

Plus it has the arrako stuff

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Maybe not so funny now in the Marvel Universe, if the Cotati use mind altering drugs through the whole Event. It’s frightening how much the Cotati can be in the food chain of every race in the Universe, and what aliens and humans eat comes through the Cotati food chain. You can’t eat anything vegetable without a Cotati element being involved.

I recently began to take notice of plant holders in comic book panels, and shivering at the thought each one of them could be Cotati. Hell, it makes you wonder is the X-island of the plant-based Krakoa infiltrated by Cotati? Look at how that situation has spread world-wide with drugs and teleporting doorways.
    Funny more in the context that Englehart was inspired for the Cotati from hallucinogenic drugs, and now Marvel are using them as a hallucinogen.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=93010865 Bunch of new looks at a future issue and some tie-ins! Not gonna post any of them except this page.

Not sure if it's just an artistic interpretation, but She-Hulk looks... Regular?