Thread: Empyre (2020)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I liked this issue better than the previous one. I liked how the heroes were divided in different groups and the interactions of each group.

Mantis! I'm looking forward to her encounter with Quoi. I, too, think that there's still some hope for him. I feel like Swordsman might really end up being the big bad here.

Man, I did NOT see that twist coming for Tanalth. spoilers:
    When she was about to show her true form... I thought it was gonna be Veranke. How the hell did R'Klll survive Galactus? Did Anelle survive too? Has she been disguised as Tanalth ALL this time, like even going back to the time Tanalth was created a few years ago, meaning that Tanalth never really existed and was always a role created by R'Klll? I think what confuses me the most is that she seems evil, but I don't recall her being evil before. From what I read from the character, I was always under the impression that she was better than Dorrek VII. Then again, it's been a long time ever since she was presumed dead, so who knows what she's been up to for all those years and what happened to her?
    end of spoilers

Really curious to see where this goes. Next issue is probably going to be a rollercoaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Go to the very end for the full artwork reveal.
    So that was it? I mean, it was a great idea, actually, and they made the reveal look so cool... but it's just weird that they would make such a big deal about this particular art. I hope they consider doing this again for something more relevant in the future. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Honestly, I think that's what they're going to go for. spoilers:
    if Anelle is alive, that can mean Teddy has an out from the throne. As much as I'd like Emperor Teddy and Royal Consort Billy, I think it might be best for them to stay adjacent to the politics of space rather in the middle (for their safety and my Billyteddy heart's sake) she can be his like regent. Even though she's only Skrull, she did have Teddy with Mar-vell, and from what I understand, she wanted peace between the two. She's also more experienced, so I think she could rule fairly well. Have Teddy be Emperor in name for now while Anelle deals with the nitty gritty stuff. And when Teddy is older and more secure , he can RULE rule the empire
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    My mind definitely went there too. If Anelle is alive, there would be less of a burden on Teddy's shoulders, and he could probably not worry about being emperor full-time if his mom is there to help him. That could easily be used as an excuse for him to have more stories on Earth; just say his mom is the person in charge when he's not around.

Also, I can't help but wonder.... could they dare to bring Mar-Vell back too if they wanna represent both Kree and Skrulls as emperors? The Fantastic Four #25 solicit for October DID say an important cosmic character has returned from the dead, and it has been stated that Empyre will change things for the cosmic side of Marvel, creating a new Space Age. I feel like bringing Mar-Vell back and letting him rule the Kree/Skrull Empire alongside Anelle (which is actually exactly what happens in one particular alternative universe from a What If...? comic) is definitely one way to challenge the cosmic status quo. I hate to get my hopes up for this... but I would love if this event is used to just basically bring Teddy's entire family back from the dead. Genis and Phyla too, while we're at it!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-29-2020 at 01:56 PM.