Page 33 of 120 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ugh. Another week and a half til the 0 issues drop.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I'm so friggin anxious for this event to start. Its gonna be so beautifully rendered. I'm so excited for all these interactions and to see where Ewing takes Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy and Tommy's mutancy is one of those things that is just an accepted fact until proven otherwise.
    Yes.
    I mean, Emma Frost addressed the boys as mutants and that's good enough for me.

Billy on the other hand would have a horrible experience on Krakoa,
    Agreed. Wanda is basically the boogey man to Krakoan children.

Hell Logan already said he was better off dead in Children's Crusade
    That moment and his whole arc during that story was so infuriating. I hate when I hate my X-fam.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm so friggin anxious for this event to start. Its gonna be so beautifully rendered. I'm so excited for all these interactions and to see where Ewing takes Teddy.

Yes.
    I mean, Emma Frost addressed the boys as mutants and that's good enough for me.

Agreed. Wanda is basically the boogey man to Krakoan children.

That moment and his whole arc during that story was so infuriating. I hate when I hate my X-fam.
    considering the amount of stupid danger he has brought with his power and irresponsibility, logan has a point or two

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    considering the amount of stupid danger he has brought with his power and irresponsibility, logan has a point or two
    Eww, your comments are now edging along the border of being outright problematic. Can you seriously just drop it?

They just hate Wanda and decided to extend the hate to Billy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    At this point I honestly think M-Day was one of if not the worst mistake Marvel has made. After all these years Wanda (the comics version anyway) is still tainted as a character because of it and the X-Men franchise (in the comics anyway) has been f###ed ever since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Eww, your comments are now edging along the border of being outright problematic. Can you seriously just drop it?
    how is it problematic when billy proves over and over again to be inept at using his tremendously powerfull abilities, we had a whole young avengers volume about a said mistake.
    Im not saying he needs to be killed but there needs to some acountability or a bit of restraint, especially if hes clearly more powerfull that wanda
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-23-2020 at 09:32 AM.

how is it problematic when billy proves over and over again to be inept at using his tremendously powerfull abilities, we had a whole young avengers volume about a said mistake.
    Im not saying he needs to be killed but there needs to some acountability or a bit of restraint
    A whole volume where he was manipulated entirely by the writer's pet character Loki so it hardly says anything about Billy.
    I notice the only time he's ever 'inept' is when some writer who's just not good at writing him gets their hands on him.

Im not saying he needs to be killed but there needs to some acountability or a bit of restraint
    Lol, that's literally what you were implying... but ok.

On a semi-related note: Honestly at this point what major Marvel comics character hasn't committed some atrocity, supported some authoritarian regime or is closely allied with someone who has?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Is Road to Empyre gonna be worth picking up? Trying to avoid going to shop until next month

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean I don't agree with the tone or the message, but between summoning Mother and Death's Head V through his alternate reality googling, Billy has caused a lot of problems with his irresponsible reality warping. Nothing on the level of Wanda's greatest hits, or deserving that level of vitriol.

I think it's safe to say Billy does need some restrictions or at least should be watched, I'm sure the government has him on some radar, their's literally a future where he ended the world possessed or not it still happened. It would be naive to think the Avengers/Ect aren't keeping tabs on him. That being said Logan saying he was better off dead was wrong,, at the time he was just a kid.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-23-2020 at 09:50 AM.

BANNED

Emma saying they are mutants really doesnt matter since wanda isnt anymore, why would her soul spawns be mutants when the og twins arent?

does Counter-Earth still exist? Why not take over that planet? who exists to protect them?

Emma saying they are mutants really doesnt matter since wanda isnt anymore, why would her soul spawns be mutants when the og twins arent?
    Humans have mutant children everyday, eventhough Wanda and Pietro are science experiments, Wanda having mutant children isn't exactly impossible so theirs no need to change something that was already kind of established. And even in the argument they were made in her image, at the time of their creation she thought herself a mutant.