Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Glad to see Zub getting to work with the Avengers. I liked his Champions stuff a lot.

I hope some less predictable tie-ins will be announced later.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Does that mean Aaron's not tying in? I'd prefer that since he has so many plot threads to work on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Does that mean Aaron's not tying in? I'd prefer that since he has so many plot threads to work on right now.
    Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on the Namor/Winter Guard/Squadron Supreme thing to be resolved. Seems like forever.

Greg Pak's taken Namor - the Agents of Atlas will be fighting him starting next week in Atlantis Attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Glad to see Zub getting to work with the Avengers. I liked his Champions stuff a lot.
    Not his first time with the Avengers, he wrote the last seven issues of Uncanny Avengers and was one of the collaborators on No Surrender and No Road Home.

It's a shame this is just a tie-in mini and not a permanent second book. Also, I hope this isn't replacing his Agents of Wakanda title.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Some new minis that tie-tin have been revealed.

Spider-Man getting a tie-in is kind of random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    At least with Zub it's likely we'll get some more classic Avengers love.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Random, but if he could get a tie-in during Secret Invasion, of all things . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I bet Venom and Deadpool will get a tie-in too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Because he's Spider-Man, he pretty much dies into everything that's company wide at least.

He legitimately is both a part of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, so it's less of a stretch now that might might have been a couple decades ago.

Astonishing Member

Basically it feels like everyone but the Inhumans are playing a role in this even though they have connections to the Kree, the Skrulls, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on the Namor/Winter Guard/Squadron Supreme thing to be resolved. Seems like forever.
    I’m telling ya! I waiting on him to explain why Tony got sent back in time by Mephisto.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Basically it feels like everyone but the Inhumans are playing a role in this even though they have connections to the Kree, the Skrulls, the Fantastic Four, and the Avengers.
    Well, there's still a lot to be announced about the event. Maybe they will have a role in there somewhere that we just don't know about yet. Ewing has written the Inhumans before, so maybe this fits into his bigger cosmic picture.

I would be curious to see what is Hulkling's approach to the Inhumans, now that the Kree faction that would usually persecute them respond to him. It would be specially interesting because Teddy is kiiiind of related to the Royal Family, considering he is engaged to the spiritual cousin of one of the royals. Would this connection make him more likely to extend an olive branch so he could end the conflict between Kree and Inhumans for once and all, just like he did with the conflict between Kree and Skrulls? That's an interesting point to explore.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-16-2020 at 09:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post

Synopsis:With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?

Writer: Jim Zub
    Artist: Carlos Magno
    Given Storm, Doctor Strange, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Thing & Nova all have titles already, I'd hope that Vision, Scarlet Witch & Black Knight are the ones that do answer the call. Given Zub is writing, I hope he grabs characters from his Uncanny Avengers/No Road Home/No Surrender. That'd be Doctor Voodoo, Wonder Man, Quicksilver, Synapse, Voyager, Blue Marvel, Lightning etc.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Empyre "zero" issues revealed:

In Ewing and Larraz’s EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS, old allies have returned and the Avengers are called to the new Green Area of the Moon to help face a terrible enemy. And in Slott and Silva’s EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR, the Fantastic Four will witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War and meet a long hidden Elder of the Universe… the mysterious Profiteer! Both one-shots will lay the cosmic groundwork for Marvel’s next incredible saga and feature first appearances of major new players in the Marvel Universe!

“EMPYRE starts with a bang – the Avengers and the Fantastic Four meeting a threat from two sides, with two different strategies – and these #0 issues will let set readers up to see how they got there,” says Ewing. “As the Avengers meet with old friends, and the Fantastic Four run into some brand new ones, both teams face some stark choices and a test of their character as a team. It’s the best way to get inside the heads of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four before the main action begins.”
    Avengers is being written by Ewing, F4 by Slott.

Almost had a vein pop until I checked the calendar. April has five Wednesdays!