Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    And has anyone ever actually seen Tommy's family?
    Anthony Oliveira has a plan.
    If only the Marvel heads would sanction him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They chose Teddy for a very specific reason. He's not just any guy, and his parents are part of the reason why. He was the perfect representation of the union between the two species: the son of the Skrull princess and one of the most respected Kree warriors. So if they would trust anyone to rule in his place, it would make sense that it would be his parents (assuming they would be alive). Plus, there seems to be some sort of admiration towards Excelsior (in Emperor Hulkling, the Skrull zealots who tried to attack Teddy were in awe once they realized he had the sword), and since we know he can essentially lend it to someone he trusts now, I could see the Kree and Skrulls respecting someone who inherits the throne AND the sword, with the blessing of Dorrek-Vell himself.
    Was Marv respected by the Kree?

Wasn't he considered a traitor? From my recollection the Skrulls showed up at his death to honor him, but the Kree blew him off.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I have a bit of a question that's tangentially related to Empyre. In Al Ewing's New Avengers, the first arc that sort of jumpstarted this whole thing with Empyre ended with a timeline realignment for future versions of Billy and Teddy. Future Teddy was a king (which, interestingly enough, he mentioned being king during another war, hmmm...) and after the shenanigans with that Cthulhu looking guy ended, he gets transported to a future where him and Billy are basically semi-retired and living lakeside on what appears to be Earth.

Since they changed things that occured in this timeline, does that technically mean the "Happily Ever After" ending he gave them is canon for them now? Or like, did that just branch off of 616? I'm not too versed on how that stuff works :/

I ask that because that might give an idea for how long his reign could last and how this might all end. He still had Excelsior in that future as well and there's no indication he suddenly wasn't a king/former king, so I'm wondering if Earth (or the solar system) sort of becomes a hub for the Alliance after this (indicated by the new role for Earth mentioned in the promo for post-Empyre). It let's Teddy stay close (and even have some adventures on Earth) while still maintaining Emperor status.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I have a bit of a question that's tangentially related to Empyre. In Al Ewing's New Avengers, the first arc that sort of jumpstarted this whole thing with Empyre ended with a timeline realignment for future versions of Billy and Teddy. Future Teddy was a king (which, interestingly enough, he mentioned being king during another war, hmmm...) and after the shenanigans with that Cthulhu looking guy ended, he gets transported to a future where him and Billy are basically semi-retired and living lakeside on what appears to be Earth.

Since they changed things that occured in this timeline, does that technically mean the "Happily Ever After" ending he gave them is canon for them now? Or like, did that just branch off of 616? I'm not too versed on how that stuff works :/

I ask that because that might give an idea for how long his reign could last and how this might all end. He still had Excelsior in that future as well and there's no indication he suddenly wasn't a king/former king, so I'm wondering if Earth (or the solar system) sort of becomes a hub for the Alliance after this (indicated by the new role for Earth mentioned in the promo for post-Empyre). It let's Teddy stay close (and even have some adventures on Earth) while still maintaining Emperor status.
    No future is really canon, because there are always multiple potential futures.

And in a meta sense none of these characters will ever really grow old and retire, so really none of the futures will ever be true.

So. This could be many things. At first I was worried that this was a funeral, but then I saw she was wearing what looked to be a dress (like something you'd wear at a wedding) SO, I'm resigning myself to believing Kate is crying happy tears at her dork best friends getting married!

Art from Empyre Aftermath: Avengers-

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...891308544?s=19

So. This could be many things. At first I was worried that this was a funeral, but then I saw she was wearing what looked to be a dress (like something you'd wear at a wedding) SO, I'm resigning myself to believing Kate is crying happy tears at her dork best friends getting married!

Hard to say... but it doesn't look like happy tears to me.

Amazing Member

She does look sad, but it looks like Teddy on her right is smiling, so maybe it’s not all bad

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    *Walks further into my delusion* noooo, maybe she's just crying because they're leaving for a while for the honeymoon...hehe.... please Al I know you'd never partake in burying the gays, just let this be Kate being a crybaby

That looks like her uniform, with the strap of her quiver.
    Also Fuse & Alloy in the background looking....not sad.
    So....very curious indeed.

Yeah, all three are definitely in costume. This isn't a wedding, that wouldn't make her sad. But what would?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, all three are definitely in costume. This isn't a wedding, that wouldn't make her sad. But what would?
    She Hulk's anticipated "death" ?

Sadness doesn't necessarily mean death (though in big events that's not uncommon). It could mean someone leaving the earth for example. A good bye scene. It could mean lots of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    She Hulk's anticipated "death" ?
    Kate doesn't **** with She-Hulk enough to shed tears over her death, Billy or Teddy on the otherhand... ... Who also might I remind you never met Fuse and Alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't know if the black in the tears is because her makeup is running too or they just haven't colored them blue, but it doesn't look like happy tears to me either.

The Artist says directly in n the tweet that Kate will be sad.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast