Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Do you think Thor and Thanos should team up against Knull?

I think Cates Is building up something with Thor, Thanos and Knull, and i'd really love if the god and the titan would team up against Knull like they did with the threat of the Death God Walker back in Peter David's Captain Marvel run. It would also be refreshing seeing Thanos in a teetclenched teamwork role after being regressed into a thuggish and blunt mustache twirling villain for many years since 2012.

I firmly maintain that Keith Giffen's take on Thanos as a true neutral hermit and pilgrim while aknowledging his scientific skills was the best version of the character post-starlin.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think what Cates is building with Thanos is going to come around quite a while after all the Knull stuff.
    It would have been nice to see, though. I appreciate what Cates is doing in creating a big, NEW threat like Knull. Hopefully the villain will have staying power so it’s not just Thanos used as a galactic threat.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think what Cates is building with Thanos is going to come around quite a while after all the Knull stuff.
    It would have been nice to see, though. I appreciate what Cates is doing in creating a big, NEW threat like Knull. Hopefully the villain will have staying power so it’s not just Thanos used as a galactic threat.
    Thanos needs to be put on the shelf or more creative stories.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Thanos needs to be put on the shelf or more creative stories.
    I thought you just said you think he might be teaming up with Thor to face Knull?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I thought you just said you think he might be teaming up with Thor to face Knull?
    I meant using the character in a different role than edgy brute that solves his problems by turning everyone into chunky salsa. Teaming up with heroes would be a refereshing role since we haven't seen it since Thanos Imperative (2010).

I don't think Thanks is pure evil like Knull or Darkseid. I think Post-Gauntlet and Post-HOTU Thanos is more of a explorer and cosmic philosopher who would rather spend time chilling in his farm or in his Sanctuary spaceship surrounded by robots and gizmos.

Will it kill him and make it stop that much quicker?

I'm in.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

No, I like my thuggish, moustache twirling Thanos.

Besides, Venom is the guy to deal with Knull. Maybe Venom + Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    No, I like my thuggish, moustache twirling Thanos.

Besides, Venom is the guy to deal with Knull. Maybe Venom + Thor.
    Then you don't like Thanos, you like Mongul with different colors.

Classic pre-2012 Thanos and Modern Thuggish Thanos are as different as day and night. Much like how DnA's Star-Lord Is different from current Star-Lord.

Astonishing Member

Classic pre-2012 Thanos and Modern Thuggish Thanos are as different as day and night. Much like how DnA's Star-Lord Is different from current Star-Lord.
    Thanos was never Thanos. He was boring then, and he's boring now.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’m not familiar with Mongul, he sounds cool!

It’s a shame that your ideal Thanos does not match up with the established, contemporary Thanos.

But yeah, let’s leave Knull to Venom!

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Isn't Thanos currently dead?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Thanos was never Thanos. He was boring then, and he's boring now.
    ''Yeah, well, that is just your opinion man.''
    - The Dude

Infinity Gauntlet and Death of Captain Marvel are considered on many websites to be some of the best Marvel stories ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I’m not familiar with Mongul, he sounds cool!

It’s a shame that your ideal Thanos does not match up with the established, contemporary Thanos.

But yeah, let’s leave Knull to Venom!
    The best Thanos stories aren't about blowing stuff up, they're about introspection. Read Marvel The End (2003).

Honestly, keep Knull away from Thor. I already think Cates' run isn't that great, to introduce Knull would just be a jump the shark moment in my opinion. The Thanos/marvel zombie/infinity Mjolnir was already too much for me lmao

Nope, there's Blue Marvel, Sentry, and Hyperion. If those heavy hitters can't team up with Thor and Venom to beat Knull then some writers just need to be fired for lack of creativity.