Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    funny since spiderman not really a company wide/iconic as a hero in universe thus he feels misplaced. Yoi thibk as old as he is, hed start getting cap america level prevelance as a main player in events, but yet hes still treated as the sidekick of the big boys.
    Conceptually the character rarely fits as a main player. Dan Slott actually had Spidey take charge and have him tackle stuff on a much bigger scale but that was just in the events of his own book. I think Marvel missed a trick not capping off Dark Reign with a big Peter vs Norman battle, given their history it would have made a lot of sense for him to play a more prominent role.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Hmmmm isn't this an Empyre thread ?
    Ah yes, Empyre. Back on topic. Not sure if anyone else was talking about it here since I skipped most of the thread, but I need to talk about how this certainly is Nathaniel Richards fault.

Kang was obsessed with Mantis and that featured both in the original Celestial Madonna and in later stories.
    Immortus officiated Mantis's wedding to Cotati Swordsman.
    The series is supposed to be a sequel to the "origin of the Young Avengers", their origin wasn't about Teddy. It was about Iron Lad travelling into the past to avoid becoming Kang.
    Last time when there was an attempt to create big event around Celestial Messiah, it was all retconned to be Immortus ploy.

So Nate is orchestrating Empyre so that he can force Teddy into a political marriage with Quoi, leaving Billy free and clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So Nate is orchestrating Empyre so that he can force Teddy into a political marriage with Quoi, leaving Billy free and clear?
    I nearly spit out my beverage.
    Ha ha ha.

Ultimate Member

Well, Cassie moved on to that robot, so Nate's dance card is totally open.

For the foreseeable couple of millenia...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Ah yes, Empyre. Back on topic. Not sure if anyone else was talking about it here since I skipped most of the thread, but I need to talk about how this certainly is Nathaniel Richards fault.

Kang was obsessed with Mantis and that featured both in the original Celestial Madonna and in later stories.
    The series is supposed to be a sequel to the "origin of the Young Avengers", their origin wasn't about Teddy. It was about Iron Lad travelling into the past to avoid becoming Kang.
    Last time when there was an attempt to create big event around Celestial Messiah, it was all retconned to be Immortus ploy.
    Gee! Now, I have to dig into my archives to make space in my head for Empyre to make future sense.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post

YES. ''Kang is behind everything'' is my personal agenda.

He never got over that mouth-to-mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Well, Cassie moved on to that robot
    Jonas Vision. Who died when Cassie did and hasn't been mentioned since her resurrection...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    YES. ''Kang is behind everything'' is my personal agenda.

He never got over that mouth-to-mouth.
    Ha ha I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jonas Vision. Who died when Cassie did and hasn't been mentioned since her resurrection...
    Poor Poor Jonas

Seems Empyre: Fantastic Four is skippable and pretty pointless. Which I expected tbh:

SPOILERS partway through the article

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/empy...tour-spoilers/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Seems Empyre: Fantastic Four is skippable and pretty pointless. Which I expected tbh:

Dang, I hope this isn't an omen for things to come in regards to Dan Slott. Ewing is a good writer but he isn't a miracle worker, especially when he's teamed up with with mediocre writers. Hopefully the actually event issues are a lot better.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

I wonder why we even needed two #0 issues in the first place. They should've just condensed everything into one single oversized issue, IMO.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Controversial opinion—I really hope Ewing and Slott touch on the Crossing, since it was supposed to be a spiritual sequel to the Celestial Madonna saga.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Dang, I hope this isn't an omen for things to come in regards to Dan Slott. Ewing is a good writer but he isn't a miracle worker, especially when he's teamed up with with mediocre writers. Hopefully the actually event issues are a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I wonder why we even needed two #0 issues in the first place. They should've just condensed everything into one single oversized issue, IMO.
    In that recent Marvel podcast Slott confirmed that Ewing is writing the whole of the main event, Slott was only helping plan the plot. Also, it had Slott acting fore like Ewing's fanboy than colleague. Clearly the FF's zeroth issue, and from what solicits suggest also the finale exist not for the sake of the event but to use the event to spotlight Slott's new waifu, even if she won't be appearing in the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Controversial opinion—I really hope Ewing and Slott touch on the Crossing, since it was supposed to be a spiritual sequel to the Celestial Madonna saga.
    So do I, it ties into my "It's all Irama Kanngmortus's fault" theory.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I kinda also see Crystal return to the Avengers ranks. Or Medusa.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com