Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Not as long as Aaron's still using her in Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I have a feeling this will be great Event,Better then past Events

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not as long as Aaron's still using her in Avengers.
    no but it can still ruin whatever aaron's trying to do by establishing her odd characterization as a product of gamma abnormality and confirm that she isn't herself but a split off bad personality rather than some "I got ugly so ppl won't sexually harass me" stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    rather than some "I got ugly so ppl won't sexually harass me" stuff
    The fact that he did that and then put her on the most sexualized costume she ever had... I think he's just legit trolling at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The fact that he did that and then put her on the most sexualized costume she ever had... I think he's just legit trolling at this point.
    Not to mention the fact that he also had her sexually harassed by actual Trolls, in WAR OF THE REALMS. So no matter what angle you look at it from, that entire inner monologue of Jen's about her new situation was a load of crap from start to finish. The personality and attitudes were out of character, the 'facts' were wrong, etc. As you say, it really felt like an intentional jab at the readers -- "I'm going to create some fake argument to justify my portrayal of She-Hulk as a feminist move, so people can't complain about it without seeming like they are sexist or only interested in her as a sex symbol".

Doesn't Empyre start this Wednesday or am I tripping? I know somethings coming out?

Amazing Member

Empyre Avengers #0 comes out on Wednesday.

Take note of the enshrouding vegetation on Benjamin's person.
    My beautiful space Hunk is liberating him. Not attacking him.

no but it can still ruin whatever aaron's trying to do by establishing her odd characterization as a product of gamma abnormality and confirm that she isn't herself but a split off bad personality rather than some "I got ugly so ppl won't sexually harass me" stuff

Something about Reed just pisses me off at times, this is one of those times..... IDK why.....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Take note of the enshrouding vegetation on Benjamin's person.
    My beautiful space Hunk is liberating him. Not attacking him.
    Yeah, the art is superclear on that. Ben is fine. The (Cotati?) vines that were restraining him are slashed away. Reed has some comment on the sword, but looks entirely too much like he wants to take it away and run some tests on it... Back off, Reed, not yours!

I feel the fantastic 4 will side with Teddy, yet for whatever reason the Cotati will convince the Avngers to go against him and the Empyre at least at first the, synopsis suggest the same.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel the fantastic 4 will side with Teddy, yet for whatever reason the Cotati will convince the Avngers to go against him and the Empyre at least at first the, synopsis suggest the same.
    Thanks to Mantis and the Celestial Madonna stuff, the Avengers have a history seeing the Cotati as allies (and both Kree and Skrulls as enemies at various points in their history), so it could be a bit of a twist for them to find out they're on the wrong side, initially, and not nearly as foolish as the usual 'heroes get together and fight over a misunderstanding' first act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Thanks to Mantis and the Celestial Madonna stuff, the Avengers have a history seeing the Cotati as allies (and both Kree and Skrulls as enemies at various points in their history), so it could be a bit of a twist for them to find out they're on the wrong side, initially, and not nearly as foolish as the usual 'heroes get together and fight over a misunderstanding' first act.
    I also think there might be some kind of mind control or influence going on with the Cotati. They've certainly got the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not to mention the fact that he also had her sexually harassed by actual Trolls, in WAR OF THE REALMS. So no matter what angle you look at it from, that entire inner monologue of Jen's about her new situation was a load of crap from start to finish. The personality and attitudes were out of character, the 'facts' were wrong, etc. As you say, it really felt like an intentional jab at the readers -- "I'm going to create some fake argument to justify my portrayal of She-Hulk as a feminist move, so people can't complain about it without seeming like they are sexist or only interested in her as a sex symbol".
    And this was after opening the issue up with all of the fans' valid complaints about how Aaron has been writing Jen since this book started.

I just don't get what's going on there...

Hmmm I wonder how the Shi'ar will feel about the Teddy/Kree/Skrull situation ?
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)