Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

I am sorry this is only thing pops to my mind

eight hundred, five-eight-eight, two, three-hundred Empire

Now that gives me flashbacks.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So I guess Outlawed isn't going to be the big annual event, after all, and it'll mostly just be a new line for teen/young books. 'Cause this definitely sounds bigger. I could see Thor, Captain America, the Fantastic Four and Captain Marvel (with something on her face??) in the blurred images. And I'm almost positive the first writer Cebulski mentions is Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Except the "pyre" part isn't in flames. It actually looks more like rocks crumbling.
    That's interesting, since the Pyre part of the logo is the only part in crumbles. I guess they might mean earth-shattering in a quite literal way. Oh god, we're not dealing with incursions again, are we?

No, I'm thinking this is related to the One Will Unite Them teaser for Incoming - which means this relates to the Kree and Skrulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So I guess Outlawed isn't going to be the big annual event, after all, and it'll mostly just be a new line for teen/young books. 'Cause this definitely sounds bigger. I could see Thor, Captain America, the Fantastic Four and Captain Marvel (with something on her face??) in the blurred images. And I'm almost positive the first writer Cebulski mentions is Al Ewing.
    Yeah, Outlawed will just be a trigger for a Champions relaunch and maybe some other books, directly affecting Saladin Ahmed's two books (wouldn't be surprised if it's as much his idea as it is Eve Ewing's). While Empyre is an actual event and likely involves the cosmic characters and big name heroes (Avengers, F4, GOTG).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, I'm thinking this is related to the One Will Unite Them teaser for Incoming - which means this relates to the Kree and Skrulls.
    I think you're right. After close analysis, it definitely looks like Cebulski's first censored sentence is ''It'll star the Avengers and the Fantastic Four against the Kree and the Skrulls''. Just watch the video again with those words in mind and you'll see; it fits perfectly with his mouth/face movements. I think this is gonna be Kree-Skrull War II, and yeah, most likely it'll tie in to Hulkling's story from Incoming!. I also think the second writer he mentions is Dan Slott, which makes sense, as he is the current writer of FF.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-13-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Really, I think this preview is a "Why bother?" with the overkill redacting of details. It might as well not exist but for the title.
    They're not telling us anything now... but I think they'll probably re-release the same promo only with a couple less bleeps down the line. Maybe in a couple weeks we'll get some of the heroes involved unbleeped, and a couple weeks after that the creative team, etc etc. Overtime they can release a bit more and more.

finally! his time has come!

Extraordinary Member

I'm sort of intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am sorry this is only thing pops to my mind

eight hundred, five-eight-eight, two, three-hundred Empire
    Ha! That always goes through my head anytime a commercial for the Fox show "Empire" pops up.

I'm going to guess that one or all of the galactic empires (Kree/Skrull/Shi'ar) will be coming to an end.

The big players in it will be Black Widow and the Eternals because....Marvel.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I'm telling y'all all this **** is leading up to that Eternity Wars **** Al Ewing mentioned in his New Avengers run! Bet Money!!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    finally! his time has come!
    The Empyrean -- or maybe a secret race of beings that call themselves Empyreans -- is definitely long overdue.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The Empyrean -- or maybe a secret race of beings that call themselves Empyreans -- is definitely long overdue.
    the empyreans turn out to be super nice
    the whole event is just them exchanging culture and tech with earth

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They're not telling us anything now... but I think they'll probably re-release the same promo only with a couple less bleeps down the line. Maybe in a couple weeks we'll get some of the heroes involved unbleeped, and a couple weeks after that the creative team, etc etc. Overtime they can release a bit more and more.
    I think we'll get an uncensored trailer in two or three weeks. They just don't want to spoil Incoming!, that's all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman