Page 47 of 120 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

No, which is really weird considering Ewing is their current writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I guess Mantis is enough representation...

I wish they were on this event especially Moondragon or Gamora

https://www.cbr.com/al-ewing-intervi...of-the-galaxy/Decided to make an account, just because I felt a need to reply in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    I never read She-Hulk, but wasn’t she a lawyer and more articulate? Why is she talking like the Hulk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Trauma from Civil War 2. She is articulate when she is just Jen. But she has had trouble with her anger as a result of her coma since waking up. My personal theory is that she died (rather than being in a deep coma) and what is going on with her is the result of TOBA/Immortal Hulk. Hence why we are getting the Immortal She-hulk one-shot.

But the most logical answer? As others have said... Aaron wanted a Hulk lol.
    Technically the plot with the trauma from CW2 was resolved in Tamaki's run. Aaron made her dumb again in Avengers, explaining it with the influence of Celestial energy overloading her gamma.

And as for Somecrazyaussie's theory - it was addressed in the most recent issue of the Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, which is really weird considering Ewing is their current writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I guess Mantis is enough representation...

I wish they were on this event especially Moondragon or Gamora
    Gamora was shown on the cover of the now-cancelled Stormranger tie-in, so she may still appear somewhere in the main series.

And as to why GotG doesn't tie-in into Empyre, Ewing provided a comment on that in one of the interviews.
    Guardians hasn't played a huge role in setting the stage for Empyre, but we have seen that stage-setting referred to - for instance, we've heard tell of the new Emperor of the Kree calling for a ceasefire, and if you put two and two together, that sounds like something Hulkling would do. What we're going to see in Guardians is more of an aftermath - not so much a tie-in, because that'd be like a comic about the forest tying into a comic about a single tree, but definitely growing out of the event, in that Empyre will have consequences and Marvel Space will have to deal with them. So issues 7 and 8 are set at a diplomatic conference -- the first of its kind, in a brand new location. But if wouldn't be an issue of Guardians if everything didn't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/DustinWeaver12/s...80750461075456

Looks like Invasion Of Wakanda is confirmed to be cancelled. He even says they're using the covers for the tie-in as variants for the main series. If we don't get any news about the other titles soon, I'm just gonna assume the same happened to them. Man, I was really looking forward to The Union.
    I kind of completely forgot that this means completely canceling the new UK team Marvel was hyping up.

Yeah, shame. Maybe they can salvage issues 4 and 5 at a later date, but they'd need their origin rewriting to excise Empyre.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    here are the solicited Empyre tie-in titles that seem to have been deleted:

Empyre: Ghost Rider #1
    Empyre: The Invasion of Wakanda #1–3
    Empyre: Spider-Man #1–3
    Empyre: Squadron Supreme #1–2
    Empyre: Stormranger #1–3
    Empyre: Thor #1–3
    Strikeforce #10
    The Union #1–3 (of 5)
    Well, R.I.P., The Union. I guess this is the downside of introducing a brand new team as a tie-in to an event. They wouldn't be going through this if it was an independent book from the beginning. I hope Paul Grist gets to write the team in another book sooner or later.

Would a book about a team of brand new OCs plus Union Jack be approved if it wasn't an event tie-in?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Would a book about a team of brand new OCs plus Union Jack be approved if it wasn't an event tie-in?
    You are asking that of a company that took a guy who talked to ANTS and he has 2 movies BEFORE Wonder Woman. 2 HIT movies.

A company whose top sellers (in any form) include a girl who talks to Squirrels, a girl with a dino, a Muslim heroine in this political climate, a biracial spider-man created off of a comment about Donald Glover and a guy in a cat suit from Africa.

Yeah a book like that would get approved.

Now these two getting tossed is interesting. They would have found shelf space as trades.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Anyone know when Empyre Handbook is supposed to come out?
    July 29th! Whether you don't know your Kree from your Skrulls, or if you're a regular Supreme Intelligence, this is your essential guide to the power players of Empyre! The Marvel Research Team really put their hearts and souls into this one, True Believers, so be sure to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You are asking that of a company that took a guy who talked to ANTS and he has 2 movies BEFORE Wonder Woman. 2 HIT movies.

A company whose top sellers (in any form) include a girl who talks to Squirrels, a girl with a dino, a Muslim heroine in this political climate, a biracial spider-man created off of a comment about Donald Glover and a guy in a cat suit from Africa.

Yeah a book like that would get approved.

Now these two getting tossed is interesting. They would have found shelf space as trades.
    Invasion of Wakanda would've been collected with Agents of Wakanda #7-8, so I wonder how those two issues will be released in TPB now?

Spider-Man was meant to share a TPB with the also cancelled Stormranger.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Maybe now they can actually try to develop Stormranger into a proper recurring villain for Kamala instead of throwing it into space and disregarding the whole reason it was created (i.e. to be Venom for Kamala without being Venom).
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Interesting that those who have been on both FF and Avengers will get some highlight. That explains why She-Hulk will get a oneshot and I expect Black Panther to get some shine too.

I like that there will be unlikely pairings between the two teams, it would be nice to see how certain characters bounce off each other.
    I wonder how they'll be paired up?

But what I'm most looking forward to is how Ewing will write the Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-27-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I expect Black Panther to get some shine too.
    That recent trailer put a lot of emphasis at T'Challa with all the scenes around "A king must fall". And considering that originally Coates's Panther was supposed to end before Empyre I wouldn't be surprised if the new run will follow on whatever ramifications Empyre will have. And considering that Slott ends his Iron Man, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to write the new BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Interesting that those who have been on both FF and Avengers will get some highlight. That explains why She-Hulk will get a oneshot and I expect Black Panther to get some shine too.

I like that there will be unlikely pairings between the two teams, it would be nice to see how certain characters bounce off each other.
    I wonder how they'll be paired up?

But what I'm most looking forward to is how Ewing will write the Fantastic Four.
    We need Crystal!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”