Page 14 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Avengers are called to the new Green Area of the Moon to help face a terrible enemy
    Looks like the theory about Hulkling pointing at the Moon, and not at the Earth, at the end of Incoming was right.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Almost had a vein pop until I checked the calendar. April has five Wednesdays!
    Events often double ship anyway. Part of War of the Realms did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh cool the Cotati Swordsman is coming back

BANNED

So the avengers are fighting against the Cotai and the FF against the Kree and Skrulls who doesnt accept the union

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    That’s just a callback to Raksor and Bel-Dann’s first appearance in the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Marvel’s confirmed they went back to being dead at the end of Chaos War, just like almost everyone else except Alpha Flight because of their dealings with the Great Beasts.
    Yeah, that's what Brevoort said, but I read that tie-in series, and Swordsman and YJ are still alive at the end. Kind of pisses me off. If you don't want to use them, fine, but it doesn't hurt anything if you just leave them on the shelf in case someone wants to use either of them in the future. Seems a waste to kill them off again.
    Last edited by stingray; 01-17-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Incredible Member

By the way, can the Vision PLEASE go back to one of his classic costumes? This one is waaay to busy and gaudy. He looks like a Christmas tree. Everyone hated the Perez designed Wonder-Man costume from back in the day for the same reason. This one is worse.

I can't believe I have to try and finish that awful Celestial Quest book again.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Lords of Empyre: Emperor Hulking revealed

HIP ZDARSKY & ANTHONY OLIVEIRA (W) • MANUEL GARCIA (A) • COVER BY PAT GLEASON
    DESTINY FULFILLED!
    The child of the Kree hero Mar-Vell and Skrull Princess Anelle, Dorrek VIII — known on Earth as “Teddy” — has spent years evading the clutches of both bloodthirsty empires. But now fate has caught up to him. The Kree and Skrull worlds are aligned — and only a man born of both can lead them. But what has led Hulkling to abandon Earth and the Avengers he’s fought beside? And what will become of his fiancé, the hero Wiccan? Star writers Chip Zdarsky and Anthony Oliveira team up with artist Manual Garcia for a can’t-miss one-shot!

Am I actually somewhat looking forward to this event??

How they gonna do Zdarsky dirty like that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Well, there's still a lot to be announced about the event. Maybe they will have a role in there somewhere that we just don't know about yet. Ewing has written the Inhumans before, so maybe this fits into his bigger cosmic picture.

I would be curious to see what is Hulkling's approach to the Inhumans, now that the Kree faction that would usually persecute them respond to him. It would be specially interesting because Teddy is kiiiind of related to the Royal Family, considering he is engaged to the spiritual cousin of one of the royals. Would this connection make him more likely to extend an olive branch so he could end the conflict between Kree and Inhumans for once and all, just like he did with the conflict between Kree and Skrulls? That's an interesting point to explore.
    I definitely see the olive branch. If I recall Marvell was one of Black Bolt's friends or at the least battle buddy.

The whole Plex Supreme story did start in Royals so it would make sense.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Empyre "zero" issues revealed:

Avengers is being written by Ewing, F4 by Slott.
    I really like these covers. Kinda makes it look like Hulkling could be joining the main Avengers. Then again, you would expect that Jason Aaron would have something to do with it, but he has been strangely detached of anything related to the Avengers on this event. I wonder if his run is coming to an end soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    How they gonna do Zdarsky dirty like that?
    I don't see what's bad about that announcement.

I don't see what's bad about that announcement.
    eah, e either.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I really like these covers. Kinda makes it look like Hulkling could be joining the main Avengers. Then again, you would expect that Jason Aaron would have something to do with it, but he has been strangely detached of anything related to the Avengers on this event. I wonder if his run is coming to an end soon...
    If it is, he's definitely been yanked from it prematurely. We haven't seen all of the 1,000,000BC Avengers origins yet, nor their relevance to the stuff happening in the present.

But it is odd that we have Ewing and Zub Avengers one-shots and not tie-in issues of the main book. What will Aaron's book be doing during Empyre then? With his core team off the board and Zub already doing an Agents of Wakanda series? He can't do anything with Namor either due to Atlantis Attacks. Squadron Supreme?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it is, he's definitely been yanked from it prematurely. We haven't seen all of the 1,000,000BC Avengers origins yet, nor their relevance to the stuff happening in the present.

But it is odd that we have Ewing and Zub Avengers one-shots and not tie-in issues of the main book. What will Aaron's book be doing during Empyre then? With his core team off the board and Zub already doing an Agents of Wakanda series? He can't do anything with Namor either due to Atlantis Attacks. Squadron Supreme?
    I'd say good riddance he's just creating lore and retcons everyone else will ignore and the sooner he stops writing She Hulk the better