Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So are all the main issues out? I want to binge read.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    For me it's about relevance to the plot.

spoilers:
    Reed was just there as you said.

The She-Hulk thing meant nothing outside of her upcoming Immortal book so Sue and Ben dealing with that added nothing to the overall plot.

Johnny's thing was cool until Tony undercut the moment. Tony was the one who saved the day there, the others just bought him some time if anything.

It's not unreasonable for me to want the FF to have actual relevance in a book that they are meant to be co-stars in. I wouldn't be upset if this event wasn't advertised as that, if it was just called an Avengers event guest starring the FF I'd have no issue. I expected more because I was told there'd be more.
    Heck, if they just called it Empyre I'd have no problem. But when it has the Fantastic Four's name up there and talks about how important their history will be to the story you're asking for me to expect more than what little they got.
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for the spoilers Crimz. Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted. The FF should have gotten more shine. What did Reed actually do?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks for the spoilers Crimz. Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted. The FF should have gotten more shine. What did Reed actually do?
    He dealt with Starks moping put on a suit and went to Wakanda.

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

For me as only being in this for Teddy and Billy, I've been satisfied with this whole thing! They got to play around in the big leagues with just them, no Kate tagging along to raise their profile and explain why they get to be with the A-listers, no true heel-turns, we finally got the wedding, no one's been severely injured (to my knowledge since I haven't read #6 just yet), and we get the team reunion next week (probably).

The cherry on top would be an announcement for YA vol 3 or a BillyTeddy space book, but since I was given so much here, I'll let a dip in news on that front slide, especially with the KiB stuff coming.

BANNED

just read it

mang fook all this i thought carol, johhny and wiccan would get to save the sun while the scientists handled wakanda

im out

Mighty Member

So just Fantastic four has a tie in this week.Will Fantastic four spoiler Empyer 6

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So just Fantastic four has a tie in this week.Will Fantastic four spoiler Empyer 6
    The FF tie-in isn't necessary as the most important aspects from it also happen in Empyre #6.

You can (and should) read it first and it will not spoil anything, but it's not really essential reading tbh.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yeah, the FF tie-in arc is only important if you already read FF, as it's got character development for Franklin, Val (they become full FF members), Alicia (she knew N'Kalla, probably from when she was a Skrull captive), and Sky (who meets other superheroes outside the FF for the first time, as well as other sentient races beyond just Spyreans and humans).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Having just finished reading, I gotta say I dug it! I think that, while certainly not the most perfect ending, it satisfied everything it needed to for me.

I think the unintentional side-effect of having this go weekly was that the pacing felt faster than I think it would've felt had it been monthly. Which, in some ways helped, but in some ways hurt it. And the missing tie ins, like I and many others in here have said, really did weaken it as a whole, especially since they seemed to all converge in this issue.

That being said, having this end up being a sort of stealth Billy and Teddy event really just... As someone who's never felt particularly included in these types of things because characters that I relate to are usually either killed or not there at all, having those two be so prominent really makes this worth it. And sure, I'm viewing it with rose colored glasses and not objectively, but still, it means a lot. And-

spoilers:
    with that last page hitting all the feels for a whole host of reasons, I think it was a beautiful end to the main event! So so soooo excited for Aftermath!
    end of spoilers

Also, sorry for the cheesiness lol! But it got me in my feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Having just finished reading, I gotta say I dug it! I think that, while certainly not the most perfect ending, it satisfied everything it needed to for me.

I think the unintentional side-effect of having this go weekly was that the pacing felt faster than I think it would've felt had it been monthly. Which, in some ways helped, but in some ways hurt it. And the missing tie ins, like I and many others in here have said, really did weaken it as a whole, especially since they seemed to all converge in this issue.

That being said, having this end up being a sort of stealth Billy and Teddy event really just... As someone who's never felt particularly included in these types of things because characters that I relate to are usually either killed or not there at all, having those two be so prominent really makes this worth it. And sure, I'm viewing it with rose colored glasses and not objectively, but still, it means a lot. And-

spoilers:
    with that last page hitting all the feels for a whole host of reasons, I think it was a beautiful end to the main event! So so soooo excited for Aftermath!
    end of spoilers

Also, sorry for the cheesiness lol! But it got me in my feels.
    It is interesting that this ended up a stealth YA event. Or at least a Bill and Ted event. Part of me wonders if the timing of this and the new Bill and Ted movie is entirely coincidental.

I don't follow solicits... are they going to show up in any monthly titles following this?

Not until December at least, as they're not solicited for anything in October and November. Remember, though, some of the COVID-interrupted/postponed books are only now starting to release (Ms. Marvel is back next week, Champions next month, and Power Pack the month after - all originally solicited for April, and Non-Stop Spider-Man and the next arc of Runaways both only release next year). So if something is planned, it's likely delayed and thus the several months gap is no surprise.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2020 at 08:57 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It is interesting that this ended up a stealth YA event. Or at least a Bill and Ted event. Part of me wonders if the timing of this and the new Bill and Ted movie is entirely coincidental.

I don't follow solicits... are they going to show up in any monthly titles following this?
    Unfortunately, no, not that I know of. Unless there's a surprise announcement to commemorate the Aftermath WEDDING-wedding and Kate's inclusion in the Avengers game, it'll probably be till next year for them to consistently show. Which in and of itself is a whole 'nother problem, but at least we got this.

And I think it's pure coincidence LOL! I mean, I feel like if they were to get a couple book, it's title should be a tongue and cheek reference to Bill and Ted!

Haha, yeah, even if the book title didn't reference it, the story title certainly could. I wonder if they'd get away with calling a story Wiccan and Hulkling's Excellent Adventure?

They could deadass just call it Empyre and make it an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    just read it

mang fook all this i thought carol, johhny and wiccan would get to save the sun while the scientists handled wakanda

im out
    spoilers:
    The ending was to visibly show the Avengers and the Alliance all working together to save everyone, that's a lot more symbolically powerful
    end of spoilers